The Gaza diplomacy of Biden, Sunak and co seems to be heading for failure

Social Media

4 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I am sorry some of you see my humanity in asking for the massacre of innocent Palestinians to stop as being wrong.

I am disgusted you think it is ok for the Israeli Gov’t to target schools and homes because they believe Hamas launched rockets from them.

There has to be a better way.

The Israel & Palestine director of Human Rights Watch told President Biden the death toll is probably accurate.

I am disgusted you think it is ok for the Israeli Gov’t to target school

At least be honest, who said it was ok to target a school? What is ok is to target rocket launchers located nearby and notify the school to evacuate. I would have thought you would condemn the Hamas for using children as human shields.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I am sorry some of you see my humanity in asking for the massacre of innocent Palestinians to stop as being wrong.

I am disgusted you think it is ok for the Israeli Gov’t to target schools and homes because they believe Hamas launched rockets from them.

The Israel & Palestine director of Human Rights Watch told President Biden the death toll is probably accurate.

You're welcome to offer a viable better way. Could star with not distorting what posters said, of make up stuff about what they think and feel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

IAt least be honest, who said it was ok to target a school? What is ok is to target rocket launchers located nearby and notify the school to evacuate. I would have thought you would condemn the Hamas for using children as human shields.

Get real, there’s no power, no telephone service, they can’t notify the school to evacuate and even if they could, it’s still not ok until evacuation is confirmed.

Please stop deflecting by asking me to condemn something else.  Yes of course I condemn Hamas for using children as human shields.

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Get real, there’s no power, no telephone service, they can’t notify the school to evacuate and even if they could, it’s still not ok until evacuation is confirmed.

Please stop deflecting by asking me to condemn something else.  Yes of course I condemn Hamas for using children as human shields.

Wonder what your folk did in 1940 when they were intensionally bombed....😋

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

Many actions in the 2nd World War would be considered War Crimes today.

Common sense and humanity seems to fly out the window during a conflict.

Yes. And guess in which conflict they are highlighted the most....?

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

Not so, Putin is carpet bombing Ukraine civilians today............🥴

11 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

You don't think they can contact UN schools where the refugees are? 

You better get up to date on the electricity situation in Gaza:

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Yes. And guess in which conflict they are highlighted the most....?

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Not so, Putin is carpet bombing Ukraine civilians today............🥴

Which part of my post is “Not so” ?

I would guess the worst conflict where inhuman actions are currently being reported would be the one Transam mentioned.  

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

You don't think they can contact UN schools where the refugees are? 

You better get up to date on the electricity situation in Gaza:

I deplore Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, In March and April last year I wore my “Puck Futin, I stand with Ukraine” T-Shirt on holiday in Khao Lak and then Phuket at not inconsiderable personal risk. 

On the issue of IDF saying Gaza has power… Really? You believe everything IDF says? Let’s get real, massive misinformation on all sides.

• Haha 1

On the issue of IDF saying Gaza has power… Really? You believe everything IDF says? Let’s get real, massive misinformation on all sides.

You didn't even have time to listen to it all, its 10 mins besides which the rocket launchers are not in the school building but outside next to it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Which part of my post is “Not so” ?

I would guess the worst conflict where inhuman actions are currently being reported would be the one Transam mentioned.  

I deplore Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, In March and April last year I wore my “Puck Futin, I stand with Ukraine” T-Shirt on holiday in Khao Lak and then Phuket at not inconsiderable personal risk. 

So, there's no electricity and fuel, but yet Hamas manages to launch rockets. Fancy that. And all them Hamas guys, in their cozy tunnels - maybe they are using candles, and not taking deep breaths either.

There were alarms raised about supplies of everything running out in two days, three days, whatever - pretty much since the war started. As far as I'm aware, conditions are bad - but no deaths from starvation etc. And before you start with your virtue signaling - I'm not arguing that people down there do no suffer. I know they do. What I'm doing here is pointing a false narrative. You may, of course, resort to your usual I-don't-believe-it, deflect or whatever.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Yeah, Omar looks to be about as unbiased as you: "In 2008-2010, Shakir was a Masters Student at Georgetown University. In 2010, he participated in UC Irvine’s Muslim Student Union’s Israel Apartheid Week, giving a presentation titled “Apartheid Is Real.” In his talk, he called for abandoning the two-state model as a way to eliminate Israel as the Jewish state..."

The BDS Life and Times of Omar Shakir » ngomonitor (ngo-monitor.org)

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Morch said:

as I'm aware, conditions are bad - but no deaths from starvation etc. And before you start with your virtue signaling - I'm not arguing that people down there do no suffer. I know they do. What I'm doing here is pointing a false narrative. You may, of course, resort to your usual I-don't-believe-it, deflect or whatever.

Oxfam says starvation is being used as a weapon of war against civilians in Gaza.

Only 2% of the usual food supply is getting through.

Starvation is happening, it takes weeks to die from starvation.

39 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Oxfam says starvation is being used as a weapon of war against civilians in Gaza.

Noticed you chose to chop my post. Usually a sign something is avoided. Never mind.

Do you suppose them Hamas guys face starvation on their tunnels?

And water, how long can people last without water? Because that was said to be almost out as well, for many days now.

Guess that when you wish to believe some narrative, you can - no matter that facts don't align quite right.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Yes, it takes week to die from starvation, about four to ten weeks, so I doubt we will see any soon. 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, Omar looks to be about as unbiased as you: "In 2008-2010, Shakir was a Masters Student at Georgetown University. In 2010, he participated in UC Irvine’s Muslim Student Union’s Israel Apartheid Week, giving a presentation titled “Apartheid Is Real.” In his talk, he called for abandoning the two-state model as a way to eliminate Israel as the Jewish state..."

The BDS Life and Times of Omar Shakir » ngomonitor (ngo-monitor.org)

• Overall, we rate the NGO Monitor Right biased based on support for the right-wing Israeli government. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting based on the consistent promotion of pro-Israeli propaganda.

Detailed Report

Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MODERATE FREEDOM
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ngo-monitor-bias/

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

• Overall, we rate the NGO Monitor Right biased based on support for the right-wing Israeli government. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting based on the consistent promotion of pro-Israeli propaganda.

Detailed Report

You funny....

Al Jazeera – Bias and Credibility

Al Jazeera - Left Center Bias - Liberal - Progressive - Democrat - CredibleFactual Reporting: Mixed - Not always Credible or Reliable

LEFT-CENTER BIAS

These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias.  They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes.  These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation.  See all Left-Center sources.

• Overall, we rate Al Jazeera Left-Center biased, based on story selection that slightly favors the left, and Mixed for factual reporting due to failed fact checks that were not corrected and misleading extreme editorial bias that favors Qatar.

Detailed Report

Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
MBFC’s Country Freedom Rank: LIMITED FREEDOM
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic

MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY

• Like 1

Detailed Report

Media Bias/Fact Check. that's hilarious. A bunch of leftists working for the cause. 

10 minutes ago, Morch said:

You funny....

Al Jazeera – Bias and Credibility

Al Jazeera - Left Center Bias - Liberal - Progressive - Democrat - CredibleFactual Reporting: Mixed - Not always Credible or Reliable

LEFT-CENTER BIAS

These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias.  They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes.  These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation.  See all Left-Center sources.

• Overall, we rate Al Jazeera Left-Center biased, based on story selection that slightly favors the left, and Mixed for factual reporting due to failed fact checks that were not corrected and misleading extreme editorial bias that favors Qatar.

Detailed Report

Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
MBFC’s Country Freedom Rank: LIMITED FREEDOM
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic

MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY

These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation.

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Media Bias/Fact Check. that's hilarious. A bunch of leftists working for the cause. 

Really? You can do better than that!

I can’t comment on the former colonies news outlets (humour), I don’t follow them, I generally prefer sources that are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation.

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation.

I can’t comment on the former colonies news outlets (humour), I don’t follow them, I generally prefer sources that are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation.

At least those that "...are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation..." to bunch of leftists working for the cause. 

Got it. 

5 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

You can certainly cherry pick, but I think you got the point. As far as I'm aware, anything that's not labeled 'questionable' is acceptable on these forums. And, of course, there were other comments regarding Al Jazeera's credibility in the context of current events - you choose to ignore them.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1

Just now, Morch said:

You can certainly cherry pick, but I think you got the point. As far as I'm aware, anything that's not labeled 'questionable' is acceptable on these forums. And, of course, there were other comments regarding Al Jazeera's credibility in the context of current events - you choose to ignore them.

And you choose to ignore & justify the humanitarian crisis being perpetrated in Gaza on innocent people.  

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

I am also ignoring the price of eggs, stop deflecting!

• Sad 1

And you choose to ignore & justify the humanitarian crisis being perpetrated in Gaza on innocent people.  

You tell this lie over and over, no is ignoring anything. 

And while you always (pretend to?) condemn them first, you seem to have no problem justifying the atrocities that Palestine/hamas commits. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

You tell this lie over and over, no is ignoring anything. 

And while you always (pretend to?) condemn them first, you seem to have no problem justifying the atrocities that Palestine/hamas commits. 

stop telling lies, I have not justified any Hamas atrocities.

11 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I am also ignoring the price of eggs, stop deflecting!

Me too, I just buy the large expensive organic ones.

How did I deflect? By pointing out, again, that your choice of information source is flawed?

Edited by Morch
missing 'u'
  • Like 1

The Israeli government could save innocent Palestinian lives by stopping the rockets and bombing now.

Should the Israeli government care more about Palestinian lives than the Palestinians' own government?