Will they ever stop wearing masks?

bob smith

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

More power to the mask wearer, just don't try to make it sound normal. Or, well Thais were all wearing masks before Covid. 

I feel sorry for the kids when I see them all masked up still.

What puzzles me is seeing children playing on their own, riding bicycles while wearing masks. You certainly don't see this in Laos.

Just weeks ago, I went to a mall in Pakse. Full of children, not a single individual inside that mall was wearing a mask. Everywhere I went, City and countryside alike, no masks on children. 

In Cambodia, very rarely you saw a teenager wearing a mask riding a motorcycle or something but otherwise, there were none worn either.

1 hour ago, connda said:

Notice                                                                           Not wearing mask    ☝️

I assume Gates was in his whitey-tighties for that interview.  Smug globalist trash.

Someone who has given $50 billion to charity to fight poverty, disease, and inequity around the world, and has no doubt improved the lives of thousands of people does not fit your description.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Highlandman said:

What puzzles me is seeing children playing on their own, riding bicycles while wearing masks. You certainly don't see this in Laos.

Just weeks ago, I went to a mall in Pakse. Full of children, not a single individual inside that mall was wearing a mask. Everywhere I went, City and countryside alike, no masks on children. 

In Cambodia, very rarely you saw a teenager wearing a mask riding a motorcycle or something but otherwise, there were none worn either.

Blimey, you get around mask spotting, perhaps the kids think it's fun wearing a mask, some don't, you every thought of that, but well spotted, keep it up..............:saai:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Blimey, you get around mask spotting, perhaps the kids think it's fun wearing a mask, some don't, you every thought of that, but well spotted, keep it up..............:saai:

Gosh your comments get more ridiculous each time you make one. No, they wear masks because their parents scare them to death. No child in any other country voluntarily wears a mask. 

9 hours ago, Highlandman said:

Gosh your comments get more ridiculous each time you make one. No, they wear masks because their parents scare them to death. No child in any other country voluntarily wears a mask. 

How do you know that....? You are doing your usual thing, which is making assumptions based on your own mindset........Sad..🙄

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

How do you know that....? You are doing your usual thing, which is making assumptions based on your own mindset........Sad..🙄

No, I have evidence and eyes, while you wear blinkers and pretend what is there doesn't exist. You might want to travel a little, even to a neighboring country (if you can afford that) and see for yourself that almost no one is masked anymore outside of Thailand and especially, almost no children are.

Virtually the only country where I see expats like you masking up in late 2023 to virtue signal is Thailand. I think I saw ONE foreigner in Vietnam wear a mask recently. Just one. Yet just last night in Thailand I counted 5 foreigners wearing masks at one hotel I went for dinner.

Widespread mask wearing, outside of a government mandate is NOT normal. It makes no sense. 

The reason it continues, has already been established. It's a combination of brainwashing, not wanting to be the "black sheep", extreme conformity and collectivism (in this sense, Thailand is among the most collectivist countries in the world) and belief in government authority and mass media, including social media. 

2 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

No, I have evidence and eyes, while you wear blinkers and pretend what is there doesn't exist. You might want to travel a little, even to a neighboring country (if you can afford that) and see for yourself that almost no one is masked anymore outside of Thailand and especially, almost no children are.

Virtually the only country where I see expats like you masking up in late 2023 to virtue signal is Thailand. I think I saw ONE foreigner in Vietnam wear a mask recently. Just one. Yet just last night in Thailand I counted 5 foreigners wearing masks at one hotel I went for dinner.

Widespread mask wearing, outside of a government mandate is NOT normal. It makes no sense. 

The reason it continues, has already been established. It's a combination of brainwashing, not wanting to be the "black sheep", extreme conformity and collectivism (in this sense, Thailand is among the most collectivist countries in the world) and belief in government authority and mass media, including social media. 

Your evidence is you your own nosey "spotting", you told you've been all over Asia spotting for mask wearers, which to me sounds a bit odd, but you carry on, ol' chap, carry on...........:unsure: ........

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Havefunme said:

I monitor the air quality here if it's bad like yesterday I wear a mask when I'm out, reason I have copd not always about covid 

While most masks used here don't offer any protection against fine dust particles, if you wear a mask outdoors when the air quality is bad and only then, and if Thais did only that, it might perhaps make some sense. 

However, they don't. Clearly, they're still afraid of Covid and each other, as evidenced by the increased amount of mask wearing in indoor settings with very clean air, such as supermarkets, malls, office buildings, on board aircraft (go on any flight with Thai passengers on board and they'll be the most likely to mask up; far more likely than Vietnamese, or Chinese or Singaporeans etc.), buses, trains etc.

Thus, it's only a small minority like you who thinks this way - wearing a mask in the situations it might actually make sense to do so. Whereas most Thais clearly just turn off their brains and go with the flow...this means not wearing a mask outdoors when the air quality is bad BUT wearing them indoors where there's zero benefit.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Your evidence is you your own nosey "spotting", you told you've been all over Asia spotting for mask wearers, which to me sounds a bit odd, but you carry on, ol' chap, carry on...........:unsure: ........

You're the biggest odd ball on here. Your comments are strange, your avatar (if that's what you actually look like) says a lot about what's inside that noggin of yours, which clearly isn't much.

You must be one of those people who turn their brain off and just walk across the road without looking. After all, you don't want to be labeled as a "car spotter" oh no, that would be terrible.

Just now, Highlandman said:

You're the biggest odd ball on here. Your comments are strange, your avatar (if that's what you actually look like) says a lot about what's inside that noggin of yours, which clearly isn't much.

You must be one of those people who turn their brain off and just walk across the road without looking. After all, you don't want to be labeled as a "car spotter" oh no, that would be terrible.

Oh dear, but never mind, you just get out there with your notebook and pen, tell the Thai folk what you are doing, taking the p_ss out of them....😏

• Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

Oh dear, but never mind, you just get out there with your notebook and pen, tell the Thai folk what you are doing, taking the p_ss out of them....😏

Yawn. You going to be making such bizarro comments for the next week? I've seen you around on here, you spend like 15 hours of every day on here. This is my first post in 6 months because I actually have a life. Unlike you.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like Thais, but many of them won't give up on masks until they are told to. They really have no idea of how the world has moved on.

I recently visited Shanghai and was pleasantly surprised that most people there have ditched their masks outside the airport and some restaurant staff. It was particularly noticeable that young people don't wear masks much at all. Very different from Bangkok and most schools here.

The worst place I have visited recently where it was mandatory to wear a mask to go inside the Chinese visa processing centre. Then you try to navigate a conversation with the (Thai) officer though. a thick pan of glass while both you and the officer wear masks. At this stage it is pure theatre and all logic and critical thinking has gone out of the window. 

• Agree 1