Why do you want to live so long?

Confuscious

On 10/21/2023 at 2:02 PM, delgarcon said:

Only one answer, you're a long time dead and there's no rush.

Well, no, there's no rush, but putting your family into bankruptcy for an extra couple of weeks in the ICU seems unacceptable to me. Maybe I'll feel differently when I'm faced with it, but I'm 85 now and I've been living since I was 19 with the knowledge that I might die tomorrow. I'm an alcoholic and stopped drinking alcohol when I was 40, but didn't stop smoking until I was 75. Since I'm in reasonably good health, I believe I'll tell my niece and her husband not to give me extreme care, although I don't really know if I'll still feel that way when I'm in the ICU. I don't take care of my health and I don't have a social network, so I really shouldn't be living now. My family was not long-lived, except for my maternal great-grandfather, who served in the American Civil War and lived to 105. I really don't know why most people are so frightened of death. We all die someday.

I have always lived my life with one thought(s); There is no redo's and you cannot rewind, so live life to the fullest possible. Be kind and help as many people as I can.. Life is not a destination, but an incredible journey. I am in no rush to end the great ride I am on.. Stress free existence is what i strive for.. I hope to enjoy my life for many more years!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Acharn said:

I really don't know why most people are so frightened of death. We all die someday.

You seem to have missed the point.

Incidentally, I note that @BritManToo, biggest fatalist on the forum, after numerous smug assurances over the years about being ready to go at just any time, seems hardly ready to go after all. What a big effort at "recovery" in the hsp after his recent motorbike accident. Recovery? Why?

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

Incidentally, I note that @BritManToo, biggest fatalist on the forum, after numerous smug assurances over the years about being ready to go at just any time, seems hardly ready to go after all. What a big effort at "recovery" in the hsp after his recent motorbike accident. Recovery? Why?

Big difference between accepting death when he calls, and wanting to be dead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Thought your low carb diet had killed you off

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Thought your low carb diet had killed you off

Bigger 'n' badder than ever, partly owing to low carb, just more bored w/ the forum. Rain's arrived in our beloved cesspool, as you've noticed. Stuck inside the other day, I decided I'd finally jump back in and have a few smiles. May not stay long. It's mostly a waste of time, talking to yourself. 😉   

Live so long? Red today a "starting biker", 20 years old died (RIP) on heart attack. A person who is taking diet, his lifestyle serious and then die.

There you go, you plan, you do and then ..end.

Also reminds me on a college, his daughter had boyfriend (20 yo). One time the bf wasnt feeling well, went to bed and never woke up again. 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, BigStar said:

Bigger 'n' badder than ever, partly owing to low carb, just more bored w/ the forum. Rain's arrived in our beloved cesspool, as you've noticed. Stuck inside the other day, I decided I'd finally jump back in and have a few smiles. May not stay long. It's mostly a waste of time, talking to yourself. 😉   

We didn't miss you 😉

• Thumbs Up 1