Living in North Bangkok and Communiting to Southern Ayutthaya?

TravelTeach

Hi all,

There is a university I'd like to attend that's in a very awkward place. The google map link is here. While technically this is in Ayutthaya, it's so far south that it's right on the border with Pathum Thani. According to Google Maps, it is the same distance from "downtown" Ayutthaya to Future Park Rangsit. Awful, awful location.

What I'm trying to figure out is where to live. The commute from Pathum Thani to Ayutthaya looks pretty bad, but I'm just going from Google Maps. I've lived in Chiang Mai for many years and, while adept at driving a motorcycle, I don't own a car. Never driven one in Thailand, and don't have a license (though I could get one).

So it seems like the options are:

1) Live in central Ayutthaya, and drive a motorcycle to the school.

2) Live somewhere in Northern Bangkok and drive a motorcycle to the school.

3) Live somewhere in Northern Bangkok, buy a car, and drive that to the school.

Honestly, all of these options aren't great for me. Ayutthaya looks boring as <deleted>. North Pathum Thani looks boring as <deleted>. Buying a car is expensive. Driving a car looks daunting.

Any advice on any of this, or options I've missed would be most appreciated. I'd even take a bus if there was an easy direct one!

Thanks!

Is your university near the Train?  A commute by train from Northern Bangkok would probably take no more than 45 minutes and would cost just a few baht per trip.  I commuted by train in the past and found it safer and much more relaxing than driving.  As a student, you could use the commuting time to read and study.

https://ttsview.railway.co.th/SRT_Schedule2022.php?ln=en&line=1&trip=1

Edited by Callmeishmael
  • Like 1

I live in Khlong Sam and the university is easy to get to with a car. The local roads can be a nightmare at peak times but once you get to highway 9 its quick.

You could do it on a motorcycle using the back roads, its very rural north of Khlong Luang.

Plenty of night life around but you will need a car or taxi. It is also easy to get to the city using the MRTA.