Chiang Mai Glasses House - experience?

LingonBerry

You need to visit an Optometrist to get an accurate prescription for eye glasses and there aren't that many in Thailand, almost NONE of the eye glass shops employ them......Optometrist is the missing profession in Thailand because so many people think the eye glass shops can do the same thing, for free...they can't..

The Vision Center is owned and operated by a trained Optometrist who has been around for a long time and is highly regarded.

Edited by Mike Lister
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

You need to visit an Optometrist to get an accurate prescription for eye glasses and there aren't that many in Thailand, almost NONE of the eye glass shops employ them......Optometrist is the missing profession in Thailand because so many people think the eye glass shops can do the same thing, for free...they can't..

The Vision Center is owned and operated by a trained Optometrist who has been around for a long time and is highly regarded.

That is a very generic unsubstantiated statement that eye shops do not have trained optometrists.

I had my eyes tested at Vision Express.  Then re tested in two different eye centre shops  Tokyo optic, Diamond eyes and received exactly the same prescription.

I have to say that of all three, Diamond eyes, were the most friendly,  and better priced with excellent service and good warranties. 

Edited by Raindancer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Raindancer said:

That is a very generic unsubstantiated statement that eye shops do not have trained optometrists.

I had my eyes tested at Vision Express.  Then re tested in two different eye centre shops  Tokyo optic, Diamond eyes and received exactly the same prescription.

I have to say that of all three, Diamond eyes, were the most friendly,  and better priced with excellent service and good warranties. 

My statement has been substantiated many times over during the past two decades, several times on AN and TVF. Next time you're in your favorite eye glasses shop, look for the certificate of Optometry, if you can't see it, ask them where it is. Also, google Optometrist Thailand, the missing profession.

Edited by Mike Lister

I fell under the inexorable sway of Charon Optics: their mesmerizing blue and white stripped logo, their baffling number of stores in every single retail strip in Thailand, their demented pricing that makes you get 3 pairs of glasses when you just came in for one.

And: Most physical exam packages include an optometrist appointment. Chiang Mai Ram Hospital would prob cost under 500 baht to break it out separately.

On 10/23/2023 at 8:43 AM, Mike Lister said:

I couldn't agree more about Vision Center--have purchased many glasses there, and had eye tests done for my family as well--rivals anything I have had done by professionals in the U.S.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree about Vision Centre. Reasonably priced, speedy, professional service. My long time ophthalmologist at Ram Hospital, whom I have been seeing for annual check ups for 17 years, recommended Vision Centre as the best place to get glasses.