Extension of stay for retirement monthly income method

Hi

I'm wondering  if the monthly income method for retirement  extension  is OK using an online bank ( wise ) or does it have to be a thai bank , I believe  you have to show 12 months  of statements  of 80k or over which  will be no problem  to me if online bank is OK 

Regards

3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

You must be able to show transfers into a Thai bank account. An overseas bank, online or physical, does not qualify. I assume you cannot show an income statement from your embassy in Bangkok.

UK Passport so cannot get Embassy letter.

Which Immigration office is he with?

He needs to understand that he needs to show 12x monthly transfers of 65,000 Baht. Depending on which office he reports to bank statements and a bank letter may not be enough. 

In my case with Kasikorn bank, and Jomtien Immigration, I had to get a special certificate from Kasikorn's office in Pattaya Klang. I had already highlighted each monthly transfer on the 12 month's bank statements - and supplied the corresponding 12 WISE pdf's for each transfer.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, amexpat said:

Wise to Bangkok Bank.  Dirt simple. Select purpose 'for stay in Thailand'. Bank statement show it's a foreign transfer. 

It's actually "for long term stay" 

The last option for "reason for transfer" 

It does not guarantee will be shown as FTT.

I use Kasikorn which is also partner bank with WISE. 

15 minutes ago, amexpat said:

My Wise to Bangkok Bank for long term stay (many, many) has never failed to show as foreign transfer. 

Not everyone use Bangkok Bank.

Many threads with reports of issues.

This thread attached is Bangkok Bank specific.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1275217-wise-money-transfer-now-not-showing-as-international-transfer/

See if you qualify for a 10-year Long Term Resident visa. Just have to document your qualifying gross foreign income (not transfers) every five years plus adequate Thai/foreign health insurance coverage for private Thai health services. 

No 90-day reporting required, just annual report.

Hi! I am with the minimum requirements but have lost my edge at moving documents and Pics JPG. I am suffer 

I told them all my personal finances. Personal and everything else. I am a senior and meet everything 800k or $2600 a month. Tonight I read Russian draft dodgers get 90 days and don't have to do anything but cheapo themselves there. I am trying to jump hoops here but feel like dirt compared to other countries I have to beg and disclose like a undesirable compared to the other countries. Meh!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It's actually "for long term stay" 

The last option for "reason for transfer" 

It does not guarantee will be shown as FTT.

I use Kasikorn which is also partner bank with WISE. 

In over a decade, I have never encountered anything other than the FTT entries using this route with this reason checked. I authorize Wise, once a month, to do an EFT withdrawal of $2200.00 from my US bank, following the steps outlined, the deposit goes into my Bangkok Bank Account in Thai baht. For Visa Extensions, I go to Bangkok Bank and get a print out of the monthly deposits for Immigration … no issues to date in CM.

• Haha 1

I have my Uk pensions paid into HSBC UK, transferred to Bangkok Bank London and then onto BKB Hua Hin. sometimes this may show as interbranch transfer.

Last year got 12 month statement and asked for a separate letter detailing monthly inputs. Also visited bank to update book on day of application.

I also included 12 month of PDF from HSBC showing transfer to BKB London.

Lots of paper but no problems at Prachaub Imm.

The attached reference is an instruction to ALL immigration offices, this is pinned to this site also in Thai.

Phetaburi Cha am office to note (I did not have to use at Hua Hin.)

Chas

452721024_ImmigrationMemoForIncomeProof(ENG).pdf