Wanted New Zealander Arrested in Phuket After 15 Year Absence, Had Drug Charges from Pattaya

webfact

33 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

That's what I was thinking same in the UK 10 years and you can change your name in the UK or you used to be able to

get married and take your spouses surname...legal in oz

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

Isn't there some kind of statute of limitations here?

For charges that carry a death sentence, or a prison sentence of 15-20 years, the statute of limitations is set at 20 years.

For charges that carry a prison sentence of at least 7 years but not more than 15 years, the statute of limitations is set at 15 years.

For charges with a prison sentence of 1-7 years, the statute of limitations is set at 10 years.

For charges that carry a prison sentence of between 1 month and 1 year, the statute of limitations is set at 5 years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:
5 hours ago, Olav Seglem said:

And still they cant get their hands on Red Bull junior???? 🙂

That was convenient and lots of beneficiaries of largesse to not find him

Vorayuth left Thailand before his arrest warrant was issued and served and the RTP cannot "find him" if he is not in Thailand...they are Thai police with Thai jurisdiction only, "largesse" notwithstanding.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I didn't know there was a place that catered to livestock fetishes preferences.

Kiwi's are well known for their sheep, many named Barbara, so my late ex FIL told me

Seems the Swiss are trying to take it on also

Edited by Grumpy one

7 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm... Stupid IS what stupid DOES ? Why on earth did he try to come back into Thailand, having got away 15 years ago?

Maybe he wanted to pay his last respects to a buffalo, dying after 15 years of sickness.

10 hours ago, ukrules said:

Isn't there some kind of statute of limitations here?

Why would there be, on an absconding, class A drug possessor? Lucky he didn’t travel via Singapore and get caught in possession there!

9 hours ago, Zack61 said:

Only if you are rich and run over a police officer whilst driving at ridiculous speeds 

Hm,...Been rich isn't enough, but been from a very rich family with lot's of good connections in high places will do it !

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Statute of limitations apply to legal proceedings being filed.  This guy was arrested and charged already the limitations do not apply at this case.

That is not correct based on what I have read, it only doesn't apply if you've been sentenced.

3 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Statute of limitations applies to time of arrest, not to people who have been already charged and escape. Otherwise anyone who ever fled prosecution could easily run out the clock. 

Nonsense