Russia executing own retreating soldiers, US says

Social Media

On 10/26/2023 at 8:02 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I've only seen one western movie that portrays it realistically. The Thin Red Line had a disemboweled soldier screaming and they gave him a bag full of morphine for him to kill himself with.

Asian movies are far more realistic when it comes to violent death.

If you want to see a really horrific (realistic) war movie I recommend a Russian film by the name of come and see it certainly punched me in the guts and it’s a good analogy for the wanton criminality that’s happening in Ukraine at the moment watch it,let it soak in ……..

11 hours ago, RayC said:

It's pure conjecture on all our parts what happens next: Are we entering another long 'cold war'? The US funded 30-odd years of the last one; would it do so again? Could the EU - together with the UK - take the lead from a US-led NATO in defending Europe with the US committed to supporting in the event of a war?

To answer that, one must consider it from the viewpoint of the 1% as to which course of action generates the most profit. War, even "cold war" is immensely profitable to the 1%, but there is a limit to how much war they can have and still keep the peasants quiescent.

Perhaps an incredibly expensive mission to Mars will suffice to give certain persons an extra billion or two to add to petty cash. There has been a few mutterings about such in the recent past. Is it significant that space exploration has been quietly privatised ( with lots of lovely taxpayer money being flung at it )?

• Confused 4