Thai PM pledges fast-tracking marriage equality and transgender recognition laws

webfact

39 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

You've mentioned this or that obscure writer on the subject of fascism, so as to appear very learned and wise. Yet you omit obvious contenders like Adolf Hitler, Heinrich Himmler and Benito Mussolini. Why is that?

Fancy thinking Ian Kershaw is an obscure writer and then bringing up Adolf Hitler, I will let you Google that to find out 🙂 

Or, do you want to back even further and talk about Hagel's ideas of absolute state authority, a big influence on fascism that one. Or, how about Maurice Barrès? Ah, but wait, you will probably whine that they are too "obscure" hahaha

And it ain't being "learned and wise", it is called knowing what fascism is. 

Edited by PremiumLane
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Or, how about Maurice Barrès? Ah, but wait, you will probably whine that they are too "obscure" hahaha

Unfortunately,  anything beyond the following  "obvious contenders:"

3 hours ago, sidneybear said:

Yet you omit obvious contenders like Adolf Hitler, Heinrich Himmler and Benito Mussolini. Why is that?

Is indeed considered "learned and wise" within this range of "intellect."

(At least the spelling appears correct...but nah, not worth it.)

18 hours ago, alyx said:

The best way is to get married abroad in person or/and get married via Internet in the US. Then register your marriage. I am not a US citizens but there are plenty of forums about this and, heterosexual or not, the cases are treated the same way  ( FYI I got married both ways ( and I am not a US citizen) , first time during COVID, second time a couple of years later.... two countries in Europe are not as difficult as the others whatever the nationalities and the residency status)

Thanks for the interesting info. Didn't know that "get married abroad in person or/and get married via Internet" is possible either in US or elsewhere. Could you give a link to the forums you mentioned? Thanks a million,

47 minutes ago, watthong said:

Thanks for the interesting info. Didn't know that "get married abroad in person or/and get married via Internet" is possible either in US or elsewhere. Could you give a link to the forums you mentioned? Thanks a million,

I did send you a personal message 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alyx said:

I did send you a personal message ( actually I kind of mad e a mistake as I replied as if you were a US citizen....but the content remains valid)

I am. Thanks for the pm. Will get back to you later.

Just now, watthong said:

I am. Thanks for the pm. Will get back to you later.

Yes I checked afterwards and edited my reply accordingly ( but you were too fast and quoted me before that 555)

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, watthong said:

To be a bigot and spew hateful vitriols is one thing
Not to have the spine to stand up as one but hide behind some pc-correctness veil ("do not hate gays," "not against civil rights minorities") is another.
Nah, I don't deal with creatures that crawl.

Your reply reminds me how shallow your ilk is. Bottom (no pun intended) feeder comes to mind.

I will leave your ilk to participate in your own perverted designs.

Not going to wish you luck though.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Fancy thinking Ian Kershaw is an obscure writer and then bringing up Adolf Hitler, I will let you Google that to find out 🙂 

Or, do you want to back even further and talk about Hagel's ideas of absolute state authority, a big influence on fascism that one. Or, how about Maurice Barrès? Ah, but wait, you will probably whine that they are too "obscure" hahaha

The classic definition, as drawn by Benito Mussolini. 

Corporatism [Fascism] - a nexus of state and corporate rule. 

Ironically, the principle and accepted practice the world over......with a few exceptions.

3 hours ago, sherwood said:

Your reply reminds me how shallow your ilk is. Bottom (no pun intended) feeder comes to mind.

I will leave your ilk to participate in your own perverted designs.

Not going to wish you luck though.

Just to be clear, are you saying that gays are perverts? 

4 hours ago, retarius said:

Well this is the death of PT. The core of their support in Isaan doesn't support this woke nonsense. There are two genders male like me, and female like my wife, and marriage its between in. woman and a man. This is what voters in Isaan want. My female born wife recently did a survey among the folks in our village, not a single yay in support of these bills. Fix the economy first stupid was the general feeling, people are suffering upon here while you want to throw money away on a party for the rich in Bangkok, to 'celebrate' gay pride. There is nothing to be proud of in being gay. Nothing to be ashamed of either, but I don't want it shoved down my throat.  Do what you want in your bedroom, provided it is consensual and legal, but keep it to yourself. I don't care what you do not do I want to know.

You send your wife out to do surveys on gay issues? Lol. Unlikely.

I mean everybody knows the people in Isaan are suffering terribly because of gay people. If only they stopped waving their flags the economy would recover. 

Ah, and the old "shoving it down my throat" nonsense and the "keep it to yourself nonsense". So tiresome. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

The classic definition, as drawn by Benito Mussolini. 

Corporatism [Fascism] - a nexus of state and corporate rule. 

Ironically, the principle and accepted practice the world over......with a few exceptions.

One part of it, but not the only part. North Korea can be defined as a fascist state, there is no corporate rule there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Wasn't like that in my Khmer village here in Surin in 2013 when my b/f and I wanted to get married. Approved by all the extended family and approved by the village elders who replied to our query with: "Marriage is for 2 people who love each other". Ceremony was conducted by the oldest man in the village who could still walk, with due Buddhist ceremony and much joy all round.

When the law gets changed to recognize the reality that already exists, we will do the deed again but only for practical administrative purposes. The real purpose of a wedding ceremony - social recognition & acceptance - has already been met for us.

I guess there are different attitudes in different parts of the country. The young (MF voters) this time around are likely to be much more liberal than me on this issue, and I expect PT are trying to make a bit of political hay here, but it's too little too late. I hope you and your b/f are very happy and are still enjoying the support of the community.

From my perspective, as I have tried to communicate, but which is likely to be misunderstood, I have no issue with gay marriage per se. I don't believe in marriage as an institution in many event and, neither does my long term 18 year female partner here. My issue is government priorities, and injustice my world.  real help for poor people who are going hungry, is a rather more important issue, than whether gay people can marry or just live together, as I do with my de facto wife. 

9 hours ago, retarius said:

From my perspective, as I have tried to communicate, but which is likely to be misunderstood, I have no issue with gay marriage per se.

Really, then just for the record, who posted the comment below?

On 10/29/2023 at 4:12 PM, retarius said:

Well this is the death of PT. The core of their support in Isaan doesn't support this woke nonsense. ... people are suffering upon here while you want to throw money away on a party for the rich in Bangkok, to 'celebrate' gay pride. There is nothing to be proud of in being gay. 

Good thing comments once posted can not be deleted. 

• Like 2