Thais are largest group of dead foreigners in Israel

webfact

On 10/27/2023 at 1:56 PM, pacovl46 said:

Why anyone would want to work in Israel or Gaza is beyond me! 10 horses couldn't drag me down there for all the money in the world! 

Maybe try dieting or increasing the number of horses. Or better yet consider yourself lucky that you weren't born into poverty and having substandard education.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/27/2023 at 2:14 PM, vangrop said:

Why would anyone want to work in Israel? Maybe because it is easy to get a working visa, I wouldn't know. But what I know is that they are known for treating their workers as slaves.

How do you know, were you one...?  🤔

Earlier reports said that Thais in Isreal and area were mostly working on farms,

and I suspect some are also domestic help for the richer Isrealis. 

All foreignors should be leaving this area now, as Isreal is being threatened by more than

just the Palestines. IMO

This is indeed very tragic. I have a relative who lived and worked in Israel for quite some time as a sushi chef, and he did quite well and he has nothing but good things to say about Israel and his experiences. So apparently a lot of Thais are working there and enjoying the experience, and making good money. So why wouldn't they go? At least prior to this latest insanity. 

I read elsewhere on AN (I think) that Thais are the largest single foreign group in Israel. So is this simply a  case of random killing so the bigger the group the more killed? Or is there any evidence that Thais are being selected as targets in higher proportions than other nationalities?

13 minutes ago, retarius said:

I read elsewhere on AN (I think) that Thais are the largest single foreign group in Israel. So is this simply a  case of random killing so the bigger the group the more killed? Or is there any evidence that Thais are being selected as targets in higher proportions than other nationalities?

Doubt it, does Hamas have a problem with Buddhists, plus many from Gaza folk work in Israel, well they did...........

23 hours ago, Cardano said:

Maybe try dieting or increasing the number of horses. Or better yet consider yourself lucky that you weren't born into poverty and having substandard education.

It's perfectly possible to survive in Thailand while being born into poverty as evidenced by literally tens of millions of people. 

On 10/29/2023 at 6:21 PM, pacovl46 said:

It's perfectly possible to survive in Thailand while being born into poverty as evidenced by literally tens of millions of people. 

There's a difference between surviving and living a life without money worries. But as you seem to think that Thais should just accept their lot and not try and better themselves and their families you should try living on B300 per day.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Cardano said:

There's a difference between surviving and living a life without money worries. But as you seem to think that Thais should just accept their lot and not try and better themselves and their families you should try living on B300 per day.

Where is it that people live lives without money worries?  

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, Cardano said:

What a ridiculous comment to make to a westerner.

Of course many Thais can live on 300 Baht a day  -  and less.

Equally, there are many Thais who earn a lot more than that.

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

What a ridiculous comment to make to a westerner.

Of course many Thais can live on 300 Baht a day  -  and less.

Equally, there are many Thais who earn a lot more than that.

No they don't! They survive on B300 per day because most don't have any other option.

11 minutes ago, Cardano said:

Everywhere

Not anywhere I've been. 

How many of the guys from all over the world have to worry all year about the money to keep up their visas? 

Sure, there are people everywhere that never have to worry about money, but far and away, most people everywhere do. 

19 minutes ago, Cardano said:

No they don't! They survive on B300 per day because most don't have any other option.

Same thing

You will be familiar with the Sufficiency economy .

You clearly know little of other matters with this response:-

26 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Where is it that people live lives without money worries?  

You said:-

Everywhere

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Cardano said:

I worked at a factory here for over 20 years, and the Thais seemed to live pretty nice lives. 

To westerners whose lives are focused on having crap, and not on family and whatnot it's hard to believe, I know. 

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I worked at a factory here for over 20 years, and the Thais seemed to live pretty nice lives. 

To westerners whose lives are focused on having crap, and not on family and whatnot it's hard to believe, I know. 

When you have bugger all you don't want for too much.

The ability to survive and, as you say, live pretty nice lives is a Thai skill.

5 hours ago, Cardano said:

Ok, you obviously don't want to get it! That's fine. No skin off my nose, but I'd rather not live or work in Israel or the Gaza Strip and stay alive because now none of the ones who died will be making any money for their families. Like that's better than making less money in Thailand and staying alive!

4 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Ok, you obviously don't want to get it! That's fine. No skin off my nose, but I'd rather not live or work in Israel or the Gaza Strip and stay alive because now none of the ones who died will be making any money for their families. Like that's better than making less money in Thailand and staying alive!

You are similar to the Thais in Israel , you live in Thailand because you get more money for yourself (because its cheaper) and its also more dangerous to live in Thailand because the likelihood of dying are higher then back home

• Like 1

14 years working in Israel. Part of the drilling project that discovered the offshore Leviathan Gas field, the largest ever discovered in the area. Stressful at times especially at Ashdod and Haifa. Hazardous duty pay was as much as my salary, which was quite good, and being tax free helped it to be extra special. Love the Israelis and Jews are great to do business with, so great that we were awarded a 10 year contract for $550,000 US dollars a day. Good times.

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You are similar to the Thais in Israel , you live in Thailand because you get more money for yourself (because its cheaper) and its also more dangerous to live in Thailand because the likelihood of dying are higher then back home

I'm sorry, but the likelihood of dying is exactly the same in Thailand as it is anywhere else. 

No idea where you are from, but I'm from the US, and even the bad areas of Thailand are safer than a lot of areas in the US. I think the US is generally safe, but I've been robbed twice (once at gunpoint), car broken into a several times and stolen once and countess items stolen. Nothing like that yet in Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/27/2023 at 11:52 AM, Nick Carter icp said:

It was considered to be a safe place before the terror attack 

Not really.

Thai migrant workers have died in previous Hamas attacks. 2014 for example.

https://embassies.gov.il/bangkok-en/NewsAndEvents/Pages/Thai-Migrant-Worker-Killed-in-Israel-by-Hamas.aspx

And then there's this...

https://apmigration.ilo.org/news/what-is-the-truth-about-thai-workers-deaths-in-israel

The Thai government entered into an agreement with the Israeli government to supply 30,000 workers.

Both governments bear some responsibility.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Wrong on all levels! I don't live in Thailand anymore and I made/make more money back at home than in Thailand and the risk of dying in Thailand is pretty much the same as back home. I never felt particularly at risk of dying there, despite riding my motorbike there on a daily basis. 

Also, the reason for me moving to Thailand had nothing to do with how much money I'd be making there. 

Edited by pacovl46

18 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Oh I get it alright, "no skin off my nose, I'm all right Jack" attitude, you're self opinionated train of thought is that if it's not good enough for you then nobody else should do it. If we all thought the same as you then we'd all be living and working in our cosy safe home countries. What gives you the right to criticise Thais who went to work oversees to try and better their lives, they didn't go expecting anything like this uprising was going to happen.

• Sad 1

On 10/31/2023 at 1:07 PM, Cardano said:

Oh I get it alright, "no skin off my nose, I'm all right Jack" attitude, you're self opinionated train of thought is that if it's not good enough for you then nobody else should do it. If we all thought the same as you then we'd all be living and working in our cosy safe home countries. What gives you the right to criticise Thais who went to work oversees to try and better their lives, they didn't go expecting anything like this uprising was going to happen.

I'm gonna block you now. I had enough of your cretinous replies! 

Edited by pacovl46
  • Haha 3