Speaker Johnson sees ‘cognitive decline’ in Biden: ‘It’s just reality’

Social Media

image.png

New House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) told Fox News on Thursday night that he sees a “cognitive decline” in President Biden, echoing one of the network’s frequent criticisms of the president.  

“Do you see in Joe Biden a cognitive decline? And if so, is that a danger to the country?” Fox News host Sean Hannity asked Johnson.

“I do, I think most of us do,” the 51-year-old Speaker responded. “That’s reality. It’s not a personal slight to him, it has to do with age and acumen, and everyone’s different. Everyone ages differently.”

“Clearly, if you look at a tape of Joe Biden making an argument in the Senate Judiciary Committee a few years ago, and you see a speech that he delivers now, there’s a difference,” Johnson continued. “Again, I mean, it’s not a personal insult to him. It’s just reality.”

Johnson became Speaker of the House on Wednesday, after weeks of turmoil in the lower chamber, where Republicans nominated but failed to elect three other candidates. The President and Johnson met Thursday at the White House.

“Jill and I congratulate Speaker Johnson on his election,” Biden said in a statement on Johnson’s election Wednesday. “As I said when this process began, whoever the Speaker is, I will seek to work with them in good faith on behalf of the American people.”

“That’s a principle I have always held to, and that I’ve acted on – delivering major bipartisan legislation on infrastructure, outcompeting China, gun reform, and veterans care,” Biden’s statement continued.

FULL STORY

THEHILL-250.png

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If Republicans really believed Biden was in cognitive decline he’d be a gift to them at the 2024 election, they’d shelve what they are calling a calling ‘*impeachment hearing*’ against him and leave him in place for the election.

*There is no ‘impeachment hearing’ it’s not a thing since the House has not voted for such a hearing. When Speaker Johnson or any Republican talks about an ‘impeachment hearing’ they are lying through their teeth.

But like you say, just speaking the truth, not a popular thing in 2023, or at least not in dine quarters.

Democrats know he is in decline as well. He is not Trump, that's all that matters. They'd vote for Kermit the frog to keep Trump out. 

Ironically Kermit would do a better job.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, xylophone said:

Ironically Kermit would do a better job than trump.......so pleased that you owned up to that!!!

Had I been able to vote in the US I'd have voted for Kermit to keep her out of the W H.

Whatever Trump's failings, he was entertaining.

Now, I'd still vote for him if Biden or Harris ( especially Harris ) was the alternative. The Democrats need to come up with a decent candidate.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1