truewallet ... impossible to register as farang?

12 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

Same as you, tried several times and finally gave up. Why do they even let us get that far to apply if there is no intention to give one.ffs

Why do you, falsely, claim that there is "no intention to allow foreigners to register" for TrueMoney?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmmm, I have TrueMoney Wallet works nicely, also linked to my Thai credit card (yes, a "real" credit card, no security deposit).

I believe the only thing we can't do is link to a bank account (same with Line Pay).

49 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're missing out on an alternative payment facility, then.

Never had it and I don't miss it.  Not a big of fan of linking my credit or debit cards to third parties.  Also, had some bad experiences at the True Store at Maya Mall in CNX.  I just pay cash at the True machine or pay with the Bangkok Bank debit card. 

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:
53 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're missing out on an alternative payment facility, then.

Not a big of fan of linking my credit or debit cards to third parties. 

Not a requirement, it's an alternative to using your bank.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

What is a true wallet?

TrueMoney wallet is an online payment app, you can top up ( prepay) or link to you credit card .

THe app is useful since 7-Eleven sets a 200B min for CC payments.

Edited by Thailand J
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

True Wallet can be accessed on the True Move app?  True Money is a separate app that one has to download.  I just did that and the registration process is lengthy.  It asked for a scan of my Non Imm visa.  Problem is I have an OA E-Visa printout only.  i do not have an actual visa stamped in my passport.  I tried to register on the True Money app and was not successful. I'll try again.  When I look at True Wallet it starts with putting in a Thai ID #.    True Money and True wallet are two separate purchase/payment systems? Or am I wrong?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

I just got Thai PayPal.by using a Thai ID. Number.  The number I used was the number they gave me for covid cirtificate. 

Well well! - after being booted off Paypal at the end of last year because I'm not a Thai citizen, I'm registered again, same method, and linked to my UK credit card. Thanks very much.

17 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

Not sure this works for true wallet.. but I just got Thai PayPal.by using a Thai ID. Number.  The number I used was the number they gave me for covid cirtificate.  Worth a try.

It doesn't need to work for TrueMoney, foreign IDs are acceptable, I paid for my dinner again using TrueMoney last night and I'd registered my TrueMoney account with my passport.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

Not sure this works for true wallet.. but I just got Thai PayPal.by using a Thai ID. Number.  The number I used was the number they gave me for covid cirtificate.  Worth a try.

How did you verify your new PayPal account that PP state on their first page is only available to Thai citizens? 

I have successfully registered a new PP account just now doing as you suggested but, before it can be used, my ID has to be verified and that requires confirmation using a bank (or other ID facility) that has already swiped my Thai ID card.  You have a Thai ID card?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

18 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

True Wallet can be accessed on the True Move app?  True Money is a separate app that one has to download.  I just did that and the registration process is lengthy.  It asked for a scan of my Non Imm visa.  Problem is I have an OA E-Visa printout only.  i do not have an actual visa stamped in my passport.  I tried to register on the True Money app and was not successful. I'll try again.  When I look at True Wallet it starts with putting in a Thai ID #.    True Money and True wallet are two separate purchase/payment systems? Or am I wrong?

Try and contact them on the truemoneywallet app chat

You're not alone @john donson, I too would like an e-wallet operated by Truemoney and have also failed. In fact I had one for quite a while and found it very useful, but when they upgraded the security (NYC and all that) I was unable to register.

And I still can't! I tried quite a few times and just like you, I sat back and waited for the SMS that never came. The frustrating aspect is not knowing why. The main use I put my e-wallet to was paying Lazada, which I use a lot and paying my True account each month. And before anyone pipes up and says 'get a Lazada wallet'. I've been rejected for one of those as well!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1