How do you think Thai people REALLY feel about Farangs?

bob smith

How do you think Thai people REALLY feel about Farangs?  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My maid: Thinks of me as a generous kind person, who values her work and treats her with respect.

The hot girl at the cash-register at Rimping: Smiles... but thinks I am an idiot for always flirting with her.

My Thai-friends: Respects me, like I respect them.

What a stupid poll!

19 hours ago, bob smith said:

I have to agree strongly with this.

Does anybody else???

Would you rather they follow the English open door policy and become the Islamic Republican of Thailandistan?

No booze and no adultery then, so be careful what you wish for.

19 hours ago, bob smith said:

I have to agree strongly with this.

Does anybody else???

Would you rather they follow the English open door policy and become the Islamic Republican of Thailandistan?

No booze and no adultery then, so be careful what you wish for.

My Thai wife and I have lived in the same village for 13 years. We have always tried to help people and have tried to be good neighbors. We maintain our home and keep a nice yard. We have the tidiest home on our soi, and I am always very friendly to our neighbors; however, most of them will not even make eye contact with me. I walk around the lake in our village on most evenings, and the homeowners around the lake treat me as if I am invisible. They will never even acknowledge me unless I say hello to them first. Others walking around the lake will totally ignore me when we pass each other. Other farangs tell me it's because they are intimidated to try to speak English, but I think that is a poor excuse. I mean, how much trouble is it to just smile and nod their heads? It makes no sense to me. I have traveled all over the world doing business, and I have lived in 4 SE Asian countries for extended periods of time. I have never experienced this kind of phenomenon before. It is not only frustrating and depressing, but it actually irritates the heck out of me. 

5 hours ago, Datsun 1200 said:

I come from Perth and in my 20s America had a program called "Dial a Sailor" (multiple times/visits) a dating system for Yanks and Perth women.

https://tonyseed.wordpress.com/2007/06/22/liberty-visits-return-of-the-dial-a-sailor-program/

For 1,000s of years, to invade a place and have anonymous (for the woman) sex with the local women was an act of War,

yet 2,000 Yanks in uniform would regularly get off their ship, with 3 months pay in their pockets, horney and obviously Fcking "our" women.

We (men born in said location) did not like it and wanted to plan "bash a random Yank" nights. Plus all those caught by our Aussie sailors. Put it this way, every time a Yank ship left, a few were left behind coz in Perth hospitals.

It was a very very bad thing to do to an ALLY (enemy is fair game apparently) 

https://tonyseed.wordpress.com/2007/06/22/liberty-visits-return-of-the-dial-a-sailor-program/

It proved to us that Aus is just a lapdog of Uncle Sam and if you even threaten Yank bases, the CIA will remove you, as they did to Whitlam. Anyway, this was a long way to say I understand why this Farang (below) was attacked "unprovoced",

I'm pretty sure motive below was really coz the guys are thinking "fkucing fat stinking farangs, having sex with all our most beautiful women just coz they were born in a rich country". This is no doubt how many young men must feel, resentful, it would be totally un-natural and against evolution if they were happy about Yanks "breeding with their most beautiful women." and we can't compete financially etc

This attached below was my last girfriend (for 4yrs, I'm 63yo), I could see the envy in many mens/boys/lesbians eyes, as is natural I think.

I still resent the fact that not one Yank Admiral (from Westpoint or some <deleted> thing) did not think "hey, 2,000 of our horney soldiers will disembark in Perth, I wonder how us setting up a "dating site for Yank sailors and Perth girls will go down with the local men, our supposed Allies?" - Yank Admiral = "they are not from the Good ol USA, so (literally) screw them"

See above to explain to this attack below...

https://aseannow.com/topic/1310714-foreign-tourist-attacked-by-hostile-youngsters-in-pattaya/

Could contain:

I was one of the yanks with $$$ that came to your shores in the 1978 era. The US ship I was on had sailors being invited into the homes of these fine young girls in Perth. Unfortunately I was behaving in the sailor manner and only cared about drinking and partying.  I never laid any Aussie ladies.......unfortunately.

Now, you have to ask yourself.....Why were the ladies so smitten with the Yanks? What were the Aussie guys doing wrong?

On 10/30/2023 at 5:00 PM, bob smith said:

We all know about the famous Thai smile

but many lifers here know that the smile is fake.

That's not exactly true, smiling is a politeness much as the UK's shaking hands and saying 'how do you do' you don't actually give a hoot as to how the other person is doing 9 times out of 10. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I was one of the yanks with $$$ that came to your shores in the 1978 era. The US ship I was on had sailors being invited into the homes of these fine young girls in Perth. Unfortunately I was behaving in the sailor manner and only cared about drinking and partying.  I never laid any Aussie ladies.......unfortunately.

Now, you have to ask yourself.....Why were the ladies so smitten with the Yanks? What were the Aussie guys doing wrong?

Opening their mouths

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 5:58 PM, EVENKEEL said:

You are joking of course, just for one thing, they all had 3 months pay (US$3,000?) in their pockets and I was earning A$80 per week. You really should shut the Fcku up!!

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 10:07 AM, maxcorrigan said:

She actually set a record of sorts, joining the forum treading on a few toes and making a few friends on the way, then won poster of the year then promptly got sacked all well within 12 months, hard to beat that!

Ps Last i heard she just had a baby for what it 's worth!

The last may be something of a miracle, given that there was a very widespread rumour that "Yinn" was a (male) Australian practical joker!

A theory rather supported by the speed with which "poster of the year" was dropped like a hot potato!

Edited by herfiehandbag

54 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The last may be something of a miracle, given that there was a very widespread rumour that "Yinn" was a (male) Australian practical joker!

A theory rather supported by the speed with which "poster of the year" was dropped like a hot potato!

No she was sacked for arguing with the bloke who used to do "The week that was" and put paid to "The Poster of the year" it seemed she then joined "The Thaiger" (sp.) and somebody congratulated her on her baby, whether she is still with the thaiger i don't know i'm not a member, that's all i know! 

On 11/3/2023 at 6:56 PM, Datsun 1200 said:

You are joking of course, just for one thing, they all had 3 months pay (US$3,000?) in their pockets and I was earning A$80 per week. You really should shut the Fcku up!!

Joking? No, It wasn't the money. It was the Aussie guys, I'm assuming. At that time pay for me was about 80 usd a week. Seems I touched a nerve. I actually tried jumping ship in Perth, the ship left and I couldn't cash my money orders, couldn't pay the hotel and didn't take long for police to come knocking. Was sent back to my ship. Probably for the best.

On 10/31/2023 at 4:25 AM, Datsun 1200 said:

I come from Perth and in my 20s America had a program called "Dial a Sailor" (multiple times/visits) a dating system for Yanks and Perth women.

For 1,000s of years, to invade a place and have anonymous (for the woman) sex with the local women was an act of War,

yet 2,000 Yanks in uniform would regularly get off their ship, with 3 months pay in their pockets, horney and obviously Fcking "our" women.

We (men born in said location) did not like it and wanted to plan "bash a random Yank" nights. Plus all those caught by our Aussie sailors. Put it this way, every time a Yank ship left, a few were left behind coz in Perth hospitals.

It was a very very bad thing to do to an ALLY (enemy is fair game apparently) 

It proved to us that Aus is just a lapdog of Uncle Sam and if you even threaten Yank bases, the CIA will remove you, as they did to Whitlam. Anyway, this was a long way to say I understand why this Farang (below) was attacked "unprovoced",

I'm pretty sure motive below was really coz the guys are thinking "fkucing fat stinking farangs, having sex with all our most beautiful women just coz they were born in a rich country". This is no doubt how many young men must feel, resentful, it would be totally un-natural and against evolution if they were happy about Yanks "breeding with their most beautiful women." and we can't compete financially etc

This attached below was my last girfriend (for 4yrs, I'm 63yo), I could see the envy in many mens/boys/lesbians eyes, as is natural I think.

I still resent the fact that not one Yank Admiral (from Westpoint or some <deleted> thing) did not think "hey, 2,000 of our horney soldiers will disembark in Perth, I wonder how us setting up a "dating site for Yank sailors and Perth girls will go down with the local men, our supposed Allies?" - Yank Admiral = "they are not from the Good ol USA, so (literally) screw them"

See above to explain to this attack below...

https://aseannow.com/topic/1310714-foreign-tourist-attacked-by-hostile-youngsters-in-pattaya/

Could contain:

You make some valid points but let's not forget that the girls are as "guilty" as the farangs in this.

Those young people might hate random westerners in the streets but when the sister has one and gets money from him and then the money ends up in the brother's pocket, they ain't that pissed off anymore.

Maybe I misunderstood you but it seems to me your blaming westerners for things that are happening in a non-western sovereign country. I don't think we are responsible for the local culture and the local status of women.

Anyway. Just my 2 cents... Pretty girl btw. You could have chosen another pic though :))

Edited by MrPancake

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh, Yanks, always "winning the hearts and minds" of their hosts wherever they go, ha ha ha 555

Warriors, and Americas best, what a load of propaganda BS. Not all of us are blind and uninformed. Watch more of Russell Brand and Jordan Peterson would be my advice...

Could contain:

Edited by Datsun 1200