72 year old American trail runner found safe in Chiang Mai’s national forest reserve

webfact

1 hour ago, 1happykamper said:

Grumpy is a good handle for you 5555.

He went hiking.... He got lost.... In a huge forest... Not like the twits on a tiny island 5 km from the coast. Maybe he was indeed thankful and donated. 

You sound angry that a 72 year old is able to hike in a forest 5555

Angry at anyone and everyone who is happier than old "grumpy" will ever be. 

ASEAN NOW, you really have quite a few issues with locations in Thailand !
PAI is 130 kilometers from where the bloke got lost.
Tambon Phapai in Amphur Sansai would be correct.

Be careful when you go out.
You might get lost as well ...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

I walked in to that trail once with my dog and after passing a couple forks I decided you could 100% get lost in there so I turned around. I you had GPS you could maybe be fine but you'd need to mark the forks probably and certainly not be in there past dark.

There are plenty of trails in this forest. All old trails from an ECO TOURISM project of the Mae Jo University.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1happykamper said:

Grumpy is a good handle for you 5555.

He went hiking.... He got lost.... In a huge forest... Not like the twits on a tiny island 5 km from the coast. Maybe he was indeed thankful and donated. 

You sound angry that a 72 year old is able to hike in a forest 5555

Quote "Trail Jogger"  - I know the type - full of 'the joys of nature' and no idea how it is (until they come across a Lion/Tiger/Snake etc.)

Same as all those 'sailors' lost at sea - they charge them now for the costs of saving their stupid backsides.

I hope he did pay some penance/merit - they deserve it.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

How fortunate for the rest of us that you know so much about someone whom you've never met or even heard of prior to this story. You're no doubt an award winning biographer. Please do enlighten us with further details about this man's life and deeds. And your sensitivity and compassion are equally impressive and exemplary. So what have all the "greenie nutters" ever done to you to inspire such bile and venom? Did someone plant a tree in your yard without your permission? And what makes you so sure this man belonged to that particular club? Perhaps it's just a matter of you can't stand anyone who is of better character or might be enjoying life more than you are. 

Oh do go on - what a ridiculous post - please go and do it somewhere else.

Far more chance I am right and not you - can you prove he is not a nature nutter - do you know him?

The giveaway for me was the term 'trail jogger' - implying that he regularly goes jogging in the remote forests/s.

Up to him of course - like someone that does not wear a helmet when riding a bike - but he should pay the costs of finding him.

Or as someone suggested - give a big donation.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, geoffrobbo said:

I wonder if he is a Hasher?

Nah. Too far from town plus he would have followed the trail. If lost he would have turned around and gone back to the start.🤔 He might be 72 but it doesn't mean he is stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, 0815 said:

There are plenty of trails in this forest. All old trails from an ECO TOURISM project of the Mae Jo University.

I'm thinking of one place in particular which is just before you take the steep road up to the temple past the Huai Jo reservoir. I cycle there often and I know a group of older guys that come in and do group walks around the area including that trail. Could by some of the other ones but that one is particular goes deep in and has lots of forks which are not easy to distinguish.

• Thumbs Up 2

In Brunei when hashing with the Banda Seri Begawan Hash and a runner got left in at night and the hares could not find him. The next morning the Gurkhas who were stationed nearby were asked to go in with their dogs to find them. A few intimate relationships  were made between man and dog, so it was rumoured. On! On!😉

• Love It 1

13 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

Penance? Seriously? This isn't about vicars and choir boys... Its about an older guy... Getting a tad lost. No penance needed. 

Only if he did it once and got lost - all good.

But if he does it a lot (trail jogging by himself) then 'pay up dhead'.