DEYE hybrid 10kw 3phase system install - questions

3 months of PEA bills under 500bt is very satisfying especially given the amount of cloud and rain during the period. 

12 x 570w Longi panels produce power from ~7am until after 5pm most days for a monthly total of ~750kwh

We run a pool, irrigation system, fans, aircon (4hrs per night), 2 fridges and the washing machine almost daily :(

I have a few questions re Inverter settings which @Crossy and/or @KhunLA might help with as my Thai installer is currently out of town.

I note a number of over/under frequency/voltage alarms have occurred, yesterdays lightning causing one, and suspect the factory default settings may need tweaking.

Grid setup page#1

image.png.39004c59667090c6de5c9211ec708ad5.png 

Page#2 - 263v seems rather high?

image.png.2d4793355045b8a0877002a5a4d65fbd.png

Page #3 - same here - very high upper limits?

image.png.86a9e6c44f1119c47996e12090499085.png

Page #4 - freq, settings very tight?

image.png.7ca835707c8dd885f31616180f36929a.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope that you don't mind me asking some questions

How much did it cost you to reach this position and how much have you actually saved on your electricity bills during the same period?

Will your system cope with the power requirements in April and May during the hot system?

Did you install it yourself or get installed by a professional?

How many years do you expect before you get your money back.

OK, I don't know the Deye but I have a few observations.

• 265V as the upper limit is 240V +10% roughly, it's doing no harm there but you could reduce it if you like.
  • 185V as the lower limit seems a bit high, particularly if you are seeing under-volt errors. Try dropping it to 180V.
  • You may also want to extend the trip times for the under-voltage levels, say 5 seconds.
  • Make the frequency +-0.5Hz. And give the frequency errors longer too.

Does the inverter have a "country" setting?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Crossy said:

OK, I don't know the Deye but I have a few observations.

• 265V as the upper limit is 240V +10% roughly, it's doing no harm there but you could reduce it if you like.
  • 185V as the lower limit seems a bit high, particularly if you are seeing under-volt errors. Try dropping it to 180V.
  • You may also want to extend the trip times for the under-voltage levels, say 5 seconds.
  • Make the frequency +-0.5Hz. And give the frequency errors longer too.

Does the inverter have a "country" setting?

No specific Country setting, made for Australasia region.

Good points esp the trip times, tks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McTavish said:

240k with pro-install on flat cabana roof.  I built a weather/tamper proof enclosure with forced cooling on a thermostat in addition to natural convection-cooling on an external wall.  A completely unobtrusive system with facility to add LifePo batteries later if we deem them necessary.  Non-solar (night) consumption is currently ~ 5kwh but this will rise in the hot season to ~ 7kwh+.

The system will easily cope with hot season demand when solar hours are longer.  If we have guests a little extra PEA spend won't go astray.

6.5 years pay back at current rates, possibly less if fees increase (I'm sure they will).

Thank you for that information.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, McTavish said:

I note a number of over/under frequency/voltage alarms have occurred, yesterdays lightning causing one, and suspect the factory default settings may need tweaking.

I have the same inverter, just the 12KW big brother of yours, and I am running it with factory AC settings. I had a couple of warning alerts the first month but they seem to have disappeared now. A few of them occurred when PEA high-voltage fuse blown and was probably caused by the transients/ringing on the HV-lines, nearby lightning is likely to do the same.

I wouldn't worry to much about those warnings, they never cut off the inverter for me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, lom said:

I have the same inverter, just the 12KW big brother of yours, and I am running it with factory AC settings. I had a couple of warning alerts the first month but they seem to have disappeared now. A few of them occurred when PEA high-voltage fuse blown and was probably caused by the transients/ringing on the HV-lines, nearby lightning is likely to do the same.

I wouldn't worry to much about those warnings, they never cut off the inverter for me.

Thanks lom and yes they do reset.

I'll try and tweak our Deye to reduce the alerts as they occur a little too often for my liking.  We're in a heavily wooded urban area and alerts caused by weather or downed lines, blown transformers I can understand,  It's the unexplained ones which happen under otherwise ideal conditions which annoy me.

33 minutes ago, McTavish said:

I'll try and tweak our Deye to reduce the alerts as they occur a little too often for my liking.

The factory settings give you quite a big operation range for both frequency and voltage so I don't think changing them will improve anything, normally your grid should be far away from those lower and upper limits.

You really don't want to allow a wider voltage range, those values are for protection.

If you are using the Solarman PC software then you can easily see a list of alerts and check them against the 24 hour graphs for that day to see if there are any strange dips in production or consumption.

• Thumbs Up 1