Burning your bridges.

bob smith

On 11/2/2023 at 7:31 AM, n00dle said:

pothead here. we dont want him.

I didnt realize potheads were a "cult".

I just learned something today on AN, an Edu-tainment forum. 

I'm glad I'm not part of that.

I dont want you people either. Feelings are mutual. 

Eff 'em, Bob. you don't need 'em. 

Edited by save the frogs

Just now, save the frogs said:

99 per cent of people are "toxic".

You need to live in a cave to avoid them all. 

Wow that's harsh.  Kindly permit me to think that all people are not bad to that extent. Or elese maybe I got lucky ever since I started to brush away the toxic ones ?

It's like a rare stone, you need to look a bit to hit on one.

Have a nice evening and thank you for your comment.

On 11/1/2023 at 2:44 AM, bob smith said:

im an alcoholic.

but i dont like associating with expat loser alcoholics.

they always have a story. and are always looking for a handout. 

they are as bad as the locals in that regard.

Dont' worry Bob, Churchill was also one, yet I think he sort of made it out in life I think !!.

Not to mention other renowned authors, heads of state through history with diverse perversions or addictions.

So no harm in being an alcoholic, as long as it does not harm/hurt others then oneself perhaps.

You are fully right on the drunks or even  sober jerks you refer to. "Quality" people who are just looking to rant, argue, contradict or be rude. 

I plainly put them on "ignore" on social media or in real life in society just politely smile, say "oh that's interesting"   and turn my back to them and interact with somebody else away from the toxics. Thank god everybody is not like that.

Have a nice evening pal.

Edited by observer90210

17 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Wow that's harsh.  Kindly permit me to think that all people are not bad to that extent. Or elese maybe I got lucky ever since I started to brush away the toxic ones ?

It's like a rare stone, you need to look a bit to hit on one.

Have a nice evening and thank you for your comment.

No sorry, that comment was too flippant.

Most people have some issues or complicated aspects of their being, but they are still decent people and it doesn't mean they should be avoided. Everyone has some issues. 

But some people are just downright nasty and will deliberately try to poison you. Those are toxic and should be avoided and are maybe only 20% or something.

Sometimes, I'm toxic too .... and then I need to pull myself back and keep myself in check. At least I try. 

Edited by save the frogs

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You forget you are only talking about foreign men.

It's way easier for a foreign woman married to a Thai man.

As for being elderly and  alone in Thailand,

Again only a problem for you as you married a Thai woman too old to have children with you.

Actually I do have a Thai child with my wife, although not exactly a child anymore all grown up and his wife is about to give us our second grandchild

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/4/2023 at 7:02 PM, save the frogs said:

I didnt realize potheads were a "cult".

I just learned something today on AN, an Edu-tainment forum. 

I'm glad I'm not part of that.

I dont want you people either. Feelings are mutual. 

Eff 'em, Bob. you don't need 'em. 

And I just realized that you are entirely bereft of a sense of humour.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/4/2023 at 10:29 PM, save the frogs said:

No sorry, that comment was too flippant.

Most people have some issues or complicated aspects of their being, but they are still decent people and it doesn't mean they should be avoided. Everyone has some issues. 

But some people are just downright nasty and will deliberately try to poison you. Those are toxic and should be avoided and are maybe only 20% or something.

Sometimes, I'm toxic too .... and then I need to pull myself back and keep myself in check. At least I try. 

Are you ok? 

On 11/1/2023 at 11:30 AM, mfd101 said:

Thanks. Noted. Will certainly consider Public Trustee when necessary.

I suggest you Google news articles on the State Public Trustees in each and every state. IIRC there have been problems in both Queensland and Western Australia, with the trustee denying people access to their own money. No accountability either, with their actions protected by law.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-16/wa-public-trustee-under-fire-over-fees-to-manage-estates/101499296

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I suggest you Google news articles on the State Public Trustees in each and every state. IIRC there have been problems in both Queensland and Western Australia, with the trustee denying people access to their own money. No accountability either, with their actions protected by law.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-16/wa-public-trustee-under-fire-over-fees-to-manage-estates/101499296

Yes well they can't be trusted. Better to find a friend or family member. Make them executor. 

On 11/2/2023 at 8:26 PM, brianthainess said:

Yeh I burned all of my bridges, few regrets but still in contact with my daughter but only email, who came here last year and I hadn't seen her for 29yrs !  she's coming again next year but for a bit longer. 

29 years wow

• Like 1