Disabled teenager demands mother to return 400,000 baht compensation

webfact

4 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

If this was the case, then there was no settlement for the accident, as the victim did not receive the funds.

I would go after the insurance company first (through a lawyer) and the company would have a lot more clout to get the funds back from mum, because it is in their legal interest to see the settlement paid to the actual victim.

The insurers acted properly - the girl was a minor. Not a hope of going after the insurers.

6 hours ago, hughrection said:

Seems like a responsible mother to me. Quote from main story ..... At the time, the mother explained that she had not used the money for her personal use and didn't want to let the daughter piss the money away on a PCX motorbike at 100,000 baht and a new smart phone.

Typical teenager who wants to spend the money now and worry about everything else later.

that's Little compensation for losing a leg, and a new Motorbike should last her many years and give her some joy back in her life.

Utterly disgusting parent(s) but I must add: who decided she is "disabled?"  If she has been legally determined to be medically disabled because of injuries, she has no business being on a motorbike. She would be well advised to sell that bike and while its great she wants to continue with her studies, she absolutely needs to ride in something that has four wheels under her. Someone needs to call child protective services. Very obvious to me she doesn't have a responsible adult caring for her. 

Some people seem to be in a hurry to walk with Buddha. 

15 hours ago, seajae said:

same old me me me me attitude many here have, where are the police, this is theft pure and simple but no one steps in to return the money to the rightful victim, shows how pathetic thai justice is as well as how thai parenting leaves a lot to be desired. The victim is left with nothing whle mum blows it all on herself, she should be charged and locked up for a very long time

My friend left his house to his friends Thai daughter, a few months later the Thai wife got a bent lawyer and sold the house to help her brother build a house in esan.