Cannibis Pills/Liquid for Pain Relief

A bit strange that you take Tramadol, but seem somewhat resistant to trying THC again. 
Don’t close your mind unnecessarily. Try both CBD, THC or a combination thereof, to see what actually works for you. It probably doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll need high percentages. What is important is what works for you. Keep an open mind. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I'm in exactly the same boat. Smoked daily for about 15 years but no desire to take up the habit again. I find Ibuprufen works ok for my back pain but long term use of this has its dangers so was also considering some kind of CBD infusion with perhaps a little THC to drink in the evening to save taking Ibuprufen again plus maybe get a better nights sleep.

Prik Pot do some infusions but they seem expensive so was looking around for a cheaper alternative.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Denim said:

I'm in exactly the same boat. Smoked daily for about 15 years but no desire to take up the habit again. I find Ibuprufen works ok for my back pain but long term use of this has its dangers so was also considering some kind of CBD infusion with perhaps a little THC to drink in the evening to save taking Ibuprufen again plus maybe get a better nights sleep.

Prik Pot do some infusions but they seem expensive so was looking around for a cheaper alternative.

You don’t have to smoke. I tried edibles when I was slightly damaged and they did the trick. No need for them now. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yes, which is why I would prefer a drinkable infusion.

Forget about drinkable; I didn’t write ‘edible’ by accident. 
Unless your drink has some fat in it, don’t waste your time and money. 

• Confused 2

I have to go to the provincial State hospital on 07 November.

I have chronic osteoarthritis in my left knee where the cartilage is almost non existent and I was going to ask the doctor if CBD oil would be of any help.

My back also aches from an accident back in 1982 but is livable with.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NextG said:

The only way you or anyone will KNOW is if you try it. If you are afraid now at your age, you will always be afraid. 
It’s not addictive. Try a THC edible. Try a CBD edible. Don’t be afraid. I’m sure that you asked about this a while ago, but haven’t yet acted. Doctor don’t know everything and if they’ve had no experience, how can you put your faith in what they tell you?

Why not listen to the people who actually have EXPERIENCE?

Can't you just buy this stuff on Lazada? Links?

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, NextG said:

The only way you or anyone will KNOW is if you try it. If you are afraid now at your age, you will always be afraid. 
It’s not addictive. Try a THC edible. Try a CBD edible. Don’t be afraid. I’m sure that you asked about this a while ago, but haven’t yet acted. Doctor don’t know everything and if they’ve had no experience, how can you put your faith in what they tell you?

Why not listen to the people who actually have EXPERIENCE?

How many of the people who have "experience" actually know what they are recommending does to anybody else?

I would much rather take the advice of somebody who has had years or training and dealing with many other people than accept advice blindly from an anonymous person on the internet.

Do you know anything or everything about my medical problems?

My doctor doesn't know everything, nor do I expect him to but he does know far more than you do.

Have you any idea if my doctor has any experience with CBD oil?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wuvu2 said:

Not a direct answer to your question but you might also check out a NSAID called Etoricoxib (Sandoz).  Etoricoxib was recommended by my spine surgeon and is better for me than any other NSAID I've ever used. I'd never heard of it before as it's not approved in the USA. It is available in pharmacies here.  Good luck.

How odd that you should mention that, as I did an internet search for that yesterday.

https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB01628

For the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, chronic low back pain, acute pain and gout.

Why is etoricoxib banned in UK?
Etoricoxib belongs to the selective COX-2 inhibitor class of drugs and may be associated with an increased risk of coronary and cerebrovascular thrombotic events, heart failure, hypertension, and oedema (compared with placebo and some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).Oct 3, 2559 BE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etoricoxib

Etoricoxib, sold under the trade name Arcoxia, is a selective COX-2 inhibitor developed and commercialized by Merck. It is approved in 63 countries worldwide as of 2007, except the United States where the Food and Drug Administration sent a Non Approvable Letter to Merck and required them to provide additional data.[2]

It was patented in 1996 and approved for medical use in 2002.[3]

Adverse effects
Like all other NSAIDs, the COX-2 inhibitors too have their share of adverse effects. Fixed drug eruption and generalised erythema,[6] acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis (AGEP),[7] erythema multiforme like eruption[8] and drug induced pretibial erythema[9] are some serious side effects reported, besides the usual innocuous ones.

Cardiovascular safety and concerns'

There is a lot more information in both links and other links are available.

if your doctor or surgeon recommends it then it is most probably quite safe provided you follow the dosage instructions.

If I really though I needed it I personally would talk to my doctor first, as he knows my personal health problems, what medicines I regularly take and if there would be a problem or a clash.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, NextG said:

A bit strange that you take Tramadol, but seem somewhat resistant to trying THC again. 
Don’t close your mind unnecessarily. Try both CBD, THC or a combination thereof, to see what actually works for you. It probably doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll need high percentages. What is important is what works for you. Keep an open mind. 

Thanks for the reply - but I only meant that I did not want to smoke again.

I am happy to try pills/liquid - just asking where and how to get some.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, billd766 said:

I have to go to the provincial State hospital on 07 November.

I have chronic osteoarthritis in my left knee where the cartilage is almost non existent and I was going to ask the doctor if CBD oil would be of any help.

My back also aches from an accident back in 1982 but is livable with.  

Thanks - I am very interested in knowing how things go on 7th.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wuvu2 said:

Not a direct answer to your question but you might also check out a NSAID called Etoricoxib (Sandoz).  Etoricoxib was recommended by my spine surgeon and is better for me than any other NSAID I've ever used. I'd never heard of it before as it's not approved in the USA. It is available in pharmacies here.  Good luck.

Thanks mate - much appreciated. Checked it out and it seems to work better than Diclofenac for some people. Will give it a try.

14 minutes ago, billd766 said:

How odd that you should mention that, as I did an internet search for that yesterday.

https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB01628

For the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, chronic low back pain, acute pain and gout.

Why is etoricoxib banned in UK?
Etoricoxib belongs to the selective COX-2 inhibitor class of drugs and may be associated with an increased risk of coronary and cerebrovascular thrombotic events, heart failure, hypertension, and oedema (compared with placebo and some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).Oct 3, 2559 BE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etoricoxib

Etoricoxib, sold under the trade name Arcoxia, is a selective COX-2 inhibitor developed and commercialized by Merck. It is approved in 63 countries worldwide as of 2007, except the United States where the Food and Drug Administration sent a Non Approvable Letter to Merck and required them to provide additional data.[2]

It was patented in 1996 and approved for medical use in 2002.[3]

Adverse effects
Like all other NSAIDs, the COX-2 inhibitors too have their share of adverse effects. Fixed drug eruption and generalised erythema,[6] acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis (AGEP),[7] erythema multiforme like eruption[8] and drug induced pretibial erythema[9] are some serious side effects reported, besides the usual innocuous ones.

Cardiovascular safety and concerns'

There is a lot more information in both links and other links are available.

if your doctor or surgeon recommends it then it is most probably quite safe provided you follow the dosage instructions.

If I really though I needed it I personally would talk to my doctor first, as he knows my personal health problems, what medicines I regularly take and if there would be a problem or a clash.

Cheers mate - much appreciated.

19 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Thanks mate - much appreciated. Checked it out and it seems to work better than Diclofenac for some people. Will give it a try.

I've found that any of the NSAIDs get less effective after a few weeks and that rotating every few weeks helped. I used to bounce between Naproxen, Diclofenac, and Ibpruprophen.  Doctors have told me that should not be true and that changing meds was less safe than sticking with one. I did it anyway to ease my pain.   When I started using Etoricxib, a normal dose worked better for me than a greater-than-recommended dosage of other NSAIDs.  

I finally had spine surgery here in Thailand - with a life-changing great result. Back pain sucks. Good luck.

Edited by Wuvu2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Don’t take it for too long. I was prescribed it after my first dental implant. It works, but it isn’t something on which you should depend. 
Cannabis works in a more wholesome way. You need to rebalance. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, NextG said:

Don’t take it for too long. I was prescribed it after my first dental implant. It works, but it isn’t something on which you should depend. 
Cannabis works in a more wholesome way. You need to rebalance. 

Thanks - will keep that in mind.

If you can try again to advise where and how to get cannabis oil/pills that would be much appreciated.

46 minutes ago, Wuvu2 said:

I've found that any of the NSAIDs get less effective after a few weeks and that rotating every few weeks helped. I used to bounce between Naproxen, Diclofenac, and Ibpruprophen.  Doctors have told me that should not be true and that changing meds was less safe than sticking with one. I did it anyway to ease my pain.   When I started using Etoricxib, a normal dose worked better for me than a greater-than-recommended dosage of other NSAIDs.  

I finally had spine surgery here in Thailand - with a life-changing great result. Back pain sucks. Good luck.

In which hospital did u have the surgery and who performed it? 

Thanks