Cannibis Pills/Liquid for Pain Relief

3 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Thanks for the reply - but I only meant that I did not want to smoke again.

I am happy to try pills/liquid - just asking where and how to get some.

I don't know how it works now, but up until the outbreak of COVID Delta I used to go to a cannabis clinic in Chiang Mai, in one of the major hospitals there. They had 2 types of oil: THC and THC-CBD.

The 1st was about 400 Baht and the 2nd about 1000 Baht. Both were very mild, and even with 10 drops it didn't get me stoned. It did help my condition though (insomnia).

During the Delta outbreak I didn't want to go to a crowded hospital so I started growing for self use.

Around that time I traveled overseas and got some oil from a friend. I don't know the % of THC or CBD in that oil, but 3 drops knocked me down... The problem I had with it that it only started working after 2-3 hours, and the effect wasn't the same every time. It depended on what and when I had dinner.

One time I took the drops around 11pm, went to sleep and woke up around 6am completely stoned, and it was another 2 hours approximately until the effect worn out.

So personally I prefer smoking as the effect is fast (10-15 minutes), it is easy to control the dosage (I start with 3-4 pufs, and can smoke some more if needed), and the effect lasts less than 2 hours, yet I sleep 7-8 hours per night

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LukKrueng said:

I don't know how it works now, but up until the outbreak of COVID Delta I used to go to a cannabis clinic in Chiang Mai, in one of the major hospitals there. They had 2 types of oil: THC and THC-CBD.

The 1st was about 400 Baht and the 2nd about 1000 Baht. Both were very mild, and even with 10 drops it didn't get me stoned. It did help my condition though (insomnia).

During the Delta outbreak I didn't want to go to a crowded hospital so I started growing for self use.

Around that time I traveled overseas and got some oil from a friend. I don't know the % of THC or CBD in that oil, but 3 drops knocked me down... The problem I had with it that it only started working after 2-3 hours, and the effect wasn't the same every time. It depended on what and when I had dinner.

One time I took the drops around 11pm, went to sleep and woke up around 6am completely stoned, and it was another 2 hours approximately until the effect worn out.

So personally I prefer smoking as the effect is fast (10-15 minutes), it is easy to control the dosage (I start with 3-4 pufs, and can smoke some more if needed), and the effect lasts less than 2 hours, yet I sleep 7-8 hours per night

I hear you - thanks for the advice.

39 minutes ago, NextG said:

What’s the point of your post? Did the OP ask about the 100s of (possibly relatively expensive) shops?

Another poor answer from you, little help except see Stoner.

One or more of those shops might be useful you'd think people would have tried

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Person I know? I don't know any drug users. Not been to those shops or clinics hence my question

So why are you posting on his thread?
You don’t know any drug users… what an absolutely moronic thing to write. If you know anyone who takes as much as a paracetamol, you know a drug user. Drinks coffee… you know a drug user. 

Silly and unnecessary Troll. Begone!

Edited by NextG
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Another poor answer from you, little help except see Stoner.

One or more of those shops might be useful you'd think people would have tried

But yet you don’t know any of the shops and don’t know anyone who used them. Just lurking on the thread uselessly. Are you having a brain aberration?

I recommended @stoner as his wife has a farm and supplies. 
Do you have anything useful to contribute at all? It really seems that you are having a bit of an episode. What gives?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, NextG said:

But yet you don’t know any of the shops and don’t know anyone who used them. Just lurking on the thread uselessly. Are you having a brain aberration?

I recommended @stoner as his wife has a farm and supplies. 
Do you have anything useful to contribute at all? It really seems that you are having a bit of an episode. What gives?

Another useless troll post from you, I'm interested in decent answers on this thread maybe they'll come eventually, not from you though

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Another useless troll post from you, I'm interested in decent answers on this thread maybe they'll come eventually, not from you though

Start your own thread instead of Trolling this one. Then anyone who wants to help you can find you there. No one is going to help you here, especially after your performance, you’ll be lucky if they help you anywhere. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

Start your own thread instead of Trolling this one. Then anyone who wants to help you can find you there. No one is going to help you here, especially after your performance, you’ll be lucky if they help you anywhere. 

You just like arguing, I'm not interested, go and find someone like you on the spectrum and go for it

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, george said:

I use these CBD capsules from Prikpot for sleep and pain relief. Just one every evening works for me.

Doesn’t claim pain relief anywhere on the packaging. With what kind of ailment does it help you?
According to their figures of CBD (0.7%) and THC (0.05%) that would mean a dose of 3.5mg of CBD and 0.25mg of THC per 500mg capsule. 

On 11/3/2023 at 1:24 PM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Thanks - I am very interested in knowing how things go on 7th.

I left home for a 1 hour drive to the hospital and spent 2 hours in a wheelchair waiting to see the doctor. At Kamphaeng Phet the staff are very helpful and farang friendly.

They did all the paperwork for me, found me a chair and a porter found a wheelchair and took me to all the right places whilst my wife parked the truck.

I got to see the doctor and explained about my dodgy kneecap and bad back and asked him if CBD oil or Etoricoxib 30/60/90/120 mg would be good for me to use.

His initial reaction was, that either would probably be OK but he would like to do a bit more research before saying yes or no. So I need to see him again in a week.

Whichever way the result comes out I know that at the least a professional has looked it up and done some research, and if it is yes, I also know that I will get the correct dosage and it won't be something a cannabis shop has cooked up in the back room with no idea of how much THC Somchai has dumped in the cooking pot.

I don't want to smoke cannabis, nor do I want to take unknown amounts into my body.

I simply want it as a pain reliever for medical reasons.

Sorry to put you off for a week but I would rather be safe than sorry.

I will definitely keep you, and any sensible poster informed.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

I left home for a 1 hour drive to the hospital and spent 2 hours in a wheelchair waiting to see the doctor. At Kamphaeng Phet the staff are very helpful and farang friendly.

They did all the paperwork for me, found me a chair and a porter found a wheelchair and took me to all the right places whilst my wife parked the truck.

I got to see the doctor and explained about my dodgy kneecap and bad back and asked him if CBD oil or Etoricoxib 30/60/90/120 mg would be good for me to use.

His initial reaction was, that either would probably be OK but he would like to do a bit more research before saying yes or no. So I need to see him again in a week.

Whichever way the result comes out I know that at the least a professional has looked it up and done some research, and if it is yes, I also know that I will get the correct dosage and it won't be something a cannabis shop has cooked up in the back room with no idea of how much THC Somchai has dumped in the cooking pot.

I don't want to smoke cannabis, nor do I want to take unknown amounts into my body.

A professional has looked it up and done some research…

So in other words he has no idea of the effects and benefits  🤷🏻 nor whether a combination of THC & CBD might be best, since he clearly doesn’t have a clue. Someone who did, wouldn’t have to “look it up and do research”. 
You are too afraid to make the leaps and bounds necessary. The slightest thing will worry you and cause you to falter. You need more courage. At least you are at last taking some tentative albeit tiny steps forward…maybe. 
Just my opinion… don’t get mad 😊

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

Thanks mate - very much appreciated for sending that.

Let us know how you go next week.

Still looking and checking myself - found some research articles below.

Medicinal Cannabis for Treatment of Chronic Pain - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf (nih.gov)

Use of Cannabis and Other Pain Treatments Among Adults With Chronic Pain in US States With Medical Cannabis Programs | Opioids | JAMA Network Open | JAMA Network

Medicinal cannabis for pain: Real-world data on three-month changes in symptoms and quality of life - Kylie O’Brien, Justin Beilby, Michelle Frans, Michael Lynskey, Michael Barnes, Mihindu Jayasuriya, Alkyoni Athanasiou-Fragkouli, Philip Blair, David Nutt, 2023 (sagepub.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are some folks here in Thailand making CBD Isolate.

And some selling it.

I think it is legal.

Water soluble. (There are some water-soluble THC vendors here as well).

Search CBD Isolate Thailand

https://www.thaihempshop.com/products/item/6-cbd-products/14-cbd-isolate#!1_CBD_Oil_Isolate__650_

Full spectrum: Search CBD full spectrum oil thailand

I know people don't want to smoke, but maybe try (smoking) some quality CBD-dominant flower once to see if it works. If it does consider a dry-herb vaporizer which while not 100% healthy, greatly limits the bad effects of smoking.

I know nothing about anything. You'll have to do your own research on what might work, and what might be available here.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

And some selling it.

I think it is legal.

https://www.thaihempshop.com/products/item/6-cbd-products/14-cbd-isolate#!1_CBD_Oil_Isolate__650_

I know people don't want to smoke, but maybe try (smoking) some quality CBD-dominant flower once to see if it works. If it does consider a dry-herb vaporizer which while not 100% healthy, greatly limits the bad effects of smoking.

I know nothing about anything. You'll have to do your own research on what might work, and what might be available here.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Thanks mate - much appreciated.

I wont smoke because of both lung issues and also because I might start again.

But your post is full of usful information and is much appreciated by me and others too.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

And some selling it.

I think it is legal.

Could contain:

Could contain:

I found it an interesting and informative link also.

I am not sure how good it will be for my wonky knees and I have grown used to/accepted/ignored my back pain since my accident in 1982. My back pain sometimes sneaks up on me and reminds me that it is still there.

I have found this particularly good and helpful to me.

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2023 at 9:27 AM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I went back again this morning and saw a different doctor. She sent me to have an X-ray of my knee, front and side, and prescribed 4 Meds but no CBD oil. I was given 

Calcium Carbonate 1000 mg 1 daily after breakfast.

Tramadol 50 mg Take 1 if the pain is severe and NO more for 8 hours.

Paracetamol 500 mg 1 daily for 30 days.

ergocalciferol 20000 units 1 once a week for 4 weeks.

I ran them though the internet to check for side effects and only the Tramadol may be a problem for me.

She diagnosed my knee as 

Gonarthrosis of the Knee or osteoarthritis of the knee. I had to look that one up as well across 2 links and it describes my symptoms very well, including pictures.

I have to go back on 19th December 2023.

The visit cost

Doctors fee    50 thb

X-Ray            500 thb

Meds             117  thb

Gonarthrosis of the Knee.docx

• Thumbs Up 1