Illicit pork trade crackdown in Thailand set to conclude next month

webfact

image.jpeg

Government spokesperson Chai Wacharonke announced a determined push to dismantle the underground illicit pork trade in Thailand, indicating that all related cases should be resolved by next month.

The joint statement was delivered yesterday, alongside representatives from the Anti-Money Laundering Office (Amlo), Department of Special Investigation (DSI) and other agencies, providing an update on the ongoing operation.

Chai Wacharonke stressed that the illicit pork trade, which predates the current government, has inflicted significant damage on the nation’s economy. The 61 year old Thai Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin directed all relevant organisations to address the issue promptly.

Director-General of the DSI, Police Major Suriya Singhakamol, revealed that investigations have uncovered the smuggling of 2,385 cargo containers of illicit pork since 2020. The black market meat is estimated to be worth around three billion baht.

by Mitch Connor

Photo: thepigsite.com

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-11-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I've watch pork loin go down from 180 THB to 109 THB the last time I was in Makro.

I don't see a problem.  Consumers enjoy deflationary prices, but the government being the government, wants to implement inflationary pain again.

5 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Killing and eating animals is disgusting 

Pork loin was down to 108 THB / kilo at Marko this week.  Bought a nice loin roast.  Can't wait to cook this up.  Yummy!

th-2032096316.jpeg.f3df21b43d2291b4756663d4a76071b3.jpeg

5 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Killing and eating animals is disgusting 

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

What Planet you from?

Planet Vegan.

This one starved herself to death according to the MSM, here in Thailand no less.  👇👇👇
On the flip-side I don't give those doing the all-meat 'carnivore diet' any quarter either.
Vegan and Carnivore diets are both extremes.  And stupid in my humble opinion.  I've heard the arguments on both sides.  Fanatics one and all.

Eat a healthy mix of foods.  Humans are omnivores.  Eatus Anythingus.  Good diets contain a mix of meats, vegetables, and fruits.  That supplies the right mix of carbs, fats, proteins, vitamin, minerals, and micro-nutrients.

As they say, "Variety is the spice of life."  Bon appetite.

th-106842506.jpeg.e137809361d018f7fb0107db5421e283.jpeg