Let's Plant Meat

3 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Let's Plant Meat

Ok, I just planted a hot dog in my garden.  Now what?

Jokes aside, I went through the list of ingredients, googled them, and don't see any harmful chemicals at all!

Most of the refined oils are manufactured by solvent extraction, which leaves chemical residues in the oils that won't be there in pressed sources such as extra virgin olive oil.

There are 22 ingredients in a Beyond Burger. That means there are 22 variables to get screwed up in the production process.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Meat is murder.

Our genetic inheritance is as carnivores, we would be nowhere if early man had stuck to eating roots and berries.

Where do you draw the line? Fish, oysters, or chickens?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, charleskerins said:

Eating too much red meat comes with health risks and is not part of a healthy diet,” says Stephen Hu, MD, a cardiologist at Scripps Clinic Carmel Valley. “Red meat is high in cholesterol, saturated fats and sodium. It should be eaten in a limited fashion.”

Dr. Ken Berry disagrees.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Meat is murder.

and the plant-based burger is murdering you.

plant-based crowd cares more about cows than humans.

i would rather not have to eat meat, but there are just too many nutrients not found in plant food, meat protein is superior to plant protein, and most plants have anti-nutrients. over-consumption of plant foods will cause health problems. and these plant burgers are full of poisons. 

and a little known fact is that vegan diets also kill animals. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=97836&page=1

Nobody's hands are free from the blood of other animals, not even vegetarians, he concluded. Millions of animals are killed every year, Davis says, to prepare land for growing crops, "like corn, soybean, wheat and barley, the staples of a vegan diet."

Edited by save the frogs
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

and the plant-based burger is murdering you.

plant-based crowd cares more about cows than humans.

i would rather not have to eat meat, but there are just too many nutrients not found in plant food, meat protein is superior to plant protein, and most plants have anti-nutrients. over-consumption of plant foods will cause health problems. and these plant burgers are full of poisons. 

and a little known fact is that vegan diets also kill animals. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=97836&page=1

Nobody's hands are free from the blood of other animals, not even vegetarians, he concluded. Millions of animals are killed every year, Davis says, to prepare land for growing crops, "like corn, soybean, wheat and barley, the staples of a vegan diet."

Does he fell better with his conclusion?   I could care less .  My hands are free .  Pass the Plant based Burger Monty.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Dr. Ken Berry disagrees.

He was good on F troop!     

beginners   1 yr. ago
Markeeg  
Join

Embed
My Cardiologist said Dr. Ken Berry is a Clown Hard to know what to believe ?

My cholesterol was a bit high 182 and my Cardiologist recommended a Statin. I refused and showed him this below of Dr. Ken Berry and after sitting there watching most of it he said this doctors a total Clown stating that for anyone to go against over 30yrs of solid Stain research you have to be a pretty slick grifter. He then went on to say you would need to post stuff like this that goes against the mainstream to excite people and generate clicks and that this guy is in it for the notoriety to make the money .

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, charleskerins said:

Eating too much red meat comes with health risks and is not part of a healthy diet,” says Stephen Hu, MD, a cardiologist at Scripps Clinic Carmel Valley. “Red meat is high in cholesterol, saturated fats and sodium. It should be eaten in a limited fashion.”

That's such a bunch of BS! Without meat, and particularly red meat there wouldn't be Homo Sapiens. We would never step down from the trees and continue to eat leaf and figs. Meat contains a lot more energy than veg, and eating meat allows us to do tinkering in the time between meals. Just look at the herbivores, that have to eat all the time. A lion can eat once a week.

My cat eats only meat, mainly fish mind you and some chicken, and is very healthy.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/3/2023 at 4:38 PM, charleskerins said:

Was not able to find Beyond Burger   hamburger patties  ,tried Let's Plant Meat patties -very good!

You could try one of the usual burger places like Mc Donals, Burger King, and many restaurants.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 Lies Vegans Like to Tell (legionathletics.com)

That says it all - and it is often a phase that young silly female teenagers go through (and the boys trying to hump them).

Up to you if you dont want to 'kill animals' but please dont tell me lies - Vegans are not healthier.

Certainly they can healthier that those who eat far too much 'fast food' - but in moderation good quality meat is good for a human.

Vegetarian died 'premature and painful death' due to lack of nutrients | Metro News  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1