Meet the New Swedish Ambassador to Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

ScandAsia had the pleasure to welcome H.E. Anna Hammargren, the new Swedish Ambassador to Thailand, on 23. October 2023. A tall, distinguished woman with long hair and engaging eyes.

Anna Hammargren was born in Solna, a prime settlement and municipality located just north of Stockholm, but spent all her childhood in nearby Sollentuna, also north of the capital.

In Sollentuna, Anna went to school and after finishing High School, Anna took a break from studying and decided – like many young Swedish women do – to spread her wings and go abroad. Her choice fell on Dallas/Fort-Worth in Texas where she had relatives, and there she took up a job as au pair.

She smiles when she tells how surprised she was to see most guys her own age, wearing checkered shirts and cowboy boots. That was far from the dress-code or fashion in Sweden. She worked as au pair for one year and then went travelling around in the US.

by Agneta de Bekassy

Full story: ScandAsia 2023-11-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I wonder if they served those cute and delicious Swedish meatballs at the reception , like the ones they serve at IKEA? I love these things. 

Oh and I like hard boiled eggs, but that's a story for another thread. 

2 hours ago, charleskerins said:

AWWW look someone is triggered by a young girl and science.

Triggered rather by forms of environmental fascism, anarchy and dogmatism.

Science is great and usually true. It's how it's used that "triggers" !!

Have a nice evening Mr AWWWW.. 😂

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 9:39 AM, Drumbuie said:

Have you never heard of " taking a gap year"? It's normal for graduates in European countries ( and even the UK, before it tumbled down the charts) to go travelling before they settle into lifelong careers. That travel usually involves temporary jobs - bar work, au pair, etc.  Employers like it as it adds useful life skills to their portfolios. 

Looks like she’s done a bit of boxing as well. 

Anyway let’s hope she does something useful during her stay other than 3 years of attending parties etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, charleskerins said:

She knows more than you do.      Little science girl seems to upset "Big Man"  Typical   attack her personal looks   -misogyny common theme .

I know far more than her and you combined. I studied it for years. She wouldn't have a clue and neither do you it seems. 

24 minutes ago, VillageIdiot said:

What will her main duties be?

Thailand and Sweden seem to be polar opposites in every conceivable sense of the term.

Sex tourism is the only obvious nexus.

Swedish "men" coming and Thai "brides" going.

Anyway, best of luck Anna.

Eating food, talking crap. Same as all political types.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1