Western union

I know it's only 2000 baht, but it's always money

How to fill a complain for a western union issue ? Mean I was scammed by the receiver, not the company. Fill with local police or what? Money are already collected. Any chance to get back? Did anyone went through this before and succeeded? Thank you

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

It is not a "western union" scam.

You were contacted by somebody, who told you to transfer money to them, and you did, through western union.

Nothing to do with the transfer company, only your bad call / judgement.

So what should I do or it's just a waste of time? Thank you.

59 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You need to change the defamatory title of your thread, Western Union did not scam you.

Correct. Apologize. Western Union did not scam me. Please if anyone can do as I don't see the edit button. Thanks and apologies again.

On 11/5/2023 at 1:46 PM, Haveasay said:

Western union hopeless at dealing with for anything. Eventually got better alternative. Good luck 

During the covid crisis, I had no difficulty in sending money from Cambodia to family members in Thailand who had lost their jobs. WU was very efficient and the money was received quickly, however the exchange rate between US$ and Thai baht was rather low.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 1

They don't like continued sending to people. For some reason the recipients are deemed inappropriate, even including self. I've changed emails in an attempt to restart but all got shut down. Over a long period. But as time went by their patience got worse and attempting to correct and justify always fell on deaf ears. Much the same booking.com! Supposedly providing a service, but fail to be customer friendly. Just too big an entity and convenience to respond to complaints. Recently booking.com getting bad press in Australia for slow refunds, joining the queue of many businesses to tied up with their popularity. Shame and sham them.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/4/2023 at 1:55 AM, Mika78 said:

Promise to sell something, but did not.

Hmm! That was the reason Aliexpress' escrow was born. You should always use a bank transfer for such transactions. I've received a refund from Kasikorn on a similar issue. 

On 11/6/2023 at 8:24 PM, Iron Tongue said:

2000baht = USD $56.

Is it really worth the effort?

2000 thb is not the problem. The problem that we use WU a lot, and I no want this happen when there are involved more money than 2000 baht.