Thai NETFLIX - If I filtered out all non-English language films would there be anything left to watch?

Aldo123

I subscribe to Netflix and as far as I'm aware most, if not all Netflix made TV shows and movies are available here. That includes everything in English.

And contrary to popular belief these shows are not heavily edited either.

If you want new, non Netflix movies then you need to look elsewhere.

Hmm. I disagree, to get big name recent additions to Hollywood or UK movies on "Thailand" Netflix accounts requires the use of a VPN (out of Thailand). Or as the OP am I missing something (I ask as I don't know - VPVs are usually detected by Netflix) 

On 11/4/2023 at 8:45 PM, Aldo123 said:

Hmm. I disagree, to get big name recent additions to Hollywood or UK movies on "Thailand" Netflix accounts requires the use of a VPN (out of Thailand). Or as the OP am I missing something (I ask as I don't know - VPVs are usually detected by Netflix) 

There are loads of movies and series, no idea why you can't find them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

There are loads of movies and series, no idea why you can't find them.

I think they display and promote what Netflix think your usual preferences are. I often dig up some gems by accident, even when searching for similar genres. And many Thai movies are incredible....the cinematography alone is amazing. A lot of talent here in that regard as many Hollywood films are shot or partly shot here. I even watch some Thai drama series. Mainly historical. Unfortunately they usually tend to run off the rails somewhere and lose the plot at some point. There are some incredibly talented, creative Thai film makers and in awe of some of the musicians / artists. Thai film / drama isn't all bell and whistle slapstick these days and they have some quite sophisticated soul / fusion music. Both usually my preference these days 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

If it wasn't for Netflix I wouldn't have seen 'Breaking Bad', arguably the best tv series made in decades. A more up-to-date series that I've found worth watching is 'Designated Survivor'.

Blacklist just had the latest series, the 1st if you haven't watched it will keep you going for a while.

Edited by 4MyEgo