Coffee pod machine.

malt25

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I bet most of those pods go in the garbage in Thailand

I think its quite likely most of the pods go in the garbage everywhere not just in Thailand...  Even so, they're hardly the environmental disaster some are making them out to be.  The Primary issue with plastics in the ocean is not from our rubbish bins, but from what gets thrown onto the ground washed into drains and ends up in rivers and washed out to sea etc.

In every single facet of my life, here or anywhere else there is an overwhelming abundance of single use plastics which when put into perspective makes the use of plastic and aluminium 'coffee pods' seem insignificant. 

Thus, when the debate arises that coffee 'pods' are un-environmentally friendly its clear that those expressing such opinions are 'jumping on a woke bandwagon' rather than intelligently evaluating the issue.

As already mentioned - studies are showing that the 'coffee pod machines' have a lower carbon foot-print than other brewing methods... But if someone is really upset about using recycled plastic pods, or recyclable aluminium pods they can use a re-usable steel pod that they re-fill themself. 

But, if those who criticise the pod machines are going that far in the name of environmental friendless, then I hope they are equally as critical of how they manage their own lives...   do they have the AC turned off, do they avoid buying from China, do they use bamboo pens, never drink cans of beer, never boil the kettle etc... cos all of that would be hypocritical when levying accusations towards others. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
48 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Where else would you put them?

Meant to be recycled? So presumably have to be separated out and provided to whoever

Companies such as Nespresso offer recycling options. 

You can either drop off your used pods at a Nespresso shop or at recycling point.

https://www.nespresso.com/th/en/how-to-recycle-coffee-capsules

• Thanks 1