TM30

Despite a trip count a long way into 3 figures I have never stayed longer than hard up against the 60 days Tourist Visa

Thats about to change and I will probably need to do an extension

Now from what I understand the Hotel or landlord need to submit these documents. Currently I'm in the 3rd place of stay so clearly 3 should have been completed to date

From what I read when you go for an extension if those documents were not completed a fine falls on the applicant ??

So how can we/I be sure they've been completed properly ??

The fine falls on the landlord/owner. It’s them who have to report.  You cannot be responsible for a short stay where they have chosen to not file. For longer stays, ask for a copy of their TM.30 confirmation. 
If you have one with your current address, you should be okay for an extension. They usually just want to know where you are, rather than where you have been. 

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The most recent hotel you checked into, ask them for screenshot of the TM30 they filed. 

Yes I get and understand that.

However is immigration or the agent doing it for me (I saw the immigration line last week and thought bollacks to that lol) expecting to see my proof for example the screenshot ??

I dont want to be at home to Mr Co** up on this one lol

20 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

OK...it is relevant.

I went on Friday to refresh my TM30 receipt.

There is a recent change at Jomtien as reported in the Pattaya Mail. The article is in another thread in this section.

Now, if you are doing 'any business' with Jomtien your TM30 needs to be current ie dated after your most recent arrival into the country. Any business includes 90 day reporting, certificate of address, re-entry permit and extensions.  

My situation is not identical to yours but I wanted to be up to date so I got my 'housekeeper (resort manager) to resubmit a TM30 online. He did that and also spoke to Jomtien Immigration who said that I would need to take a copy of the TM30 to Immigration and get a new TM30 receipt.

I did that last Friday and it took about 40 minutes. Yes, Jomtien is busy but they do have improved systems. Now, you go into the air-conned building on the left to announce your business and get a numbered ticket; for TM30's it is desk 10 in the building almost opposite (you can sit and wait and the first building or go over to where desk 10 is). The queue numbers come up on a screen. Iwas 10A244 and 10A206 was being dealt with....I thought with 38 people before me it would take hours....it didn't. I think the secret is to chill out before you get there and buy into the fact that they know what they are doing. People watching is interesting because many people are clueless and only add to the scene of apparent confusion..it's OK. I found the staff courteous both at reception and desk 10, they were only surprised that I wasn't conducting other business besides getting a new receipt.

Note: Desk 10 is very busy because nearly everybody has to do the TM30 report before anything else ie extensions - I saw loads of Russians having to do that.

Thanks indeed