Queers for Palestine is apparently a thing

Jingthing

28 minutes ago, Dan O said:

you too love to try to twist what is said into something different.  you just another troll keyboard warrior

How did i twist your words?

Could have misunderstood what you meant, sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Barbarism? In the case of Queers for Palestine perhaps extreme stupidity is more apt.

The Left can no longer hide the barbarism of its anti-Semitic worldview (telegraph.co.uk)

In October 7th, 1,400 Israelis were murdered by throngs of Hamas terrorists who swarmed Israel’s southern border, going from house to house searching for civilians to slaughter and broadcasting their savagery for those who were unable to join in the brutality. 

The reaction in parts of the Middle East was unsurprising – a mixture of raucous cheers from civilians and endorsements or muted responses from Arab governments.

Amongst America’s progressive Left, the response wasn’t much different. 

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, simon43 said:

Lol, usual leftie response.  Attack and insult the poster.

The vast majority of those civilians in Gaza are not innocent people.  They support Hamas, they are the reason why Hamas is in power.  They allow Hamas to place their rockets amongst civilian buildings such as schools and hospitals.  If you swim with the sharks, don't be surprised if you get bitten!

Do you know Hamas, which was marketing itself a bit differently in 2006,  enjoyed a narrow like 44 percent win? Then they started terrorizing any opposition and never had another poll. Any Gazans who openly oppose the militants elements are killed.

As for your  so-called ”vast majority” what of the 47 percent  of the population, the children ? They certainly did not vote in 2006 are they also ”not innocent”? Your point of view resembles a FOX news talking point, ie, a trope absent he slightest intellectual rigour. 

Back to the vast majority of the population I know after 75 years of occupation and hateful Arab propaganda I know most of them are vile anti-semites, like many of the members here on AN but that does not mean they deserve to be slaughtered. By a professional military backed 100 percent by the most powerful country in the world while claiming nonsensically  to make every effort to avoid civilan casualties.

2006 Palestinian legislative election

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Palestinian_legislative_election

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Illiberal propagandists' efforts to denigrate Democrats & democratic thinkers by demonizing the words "left" & "leftist" reminds of the decades they spent demonizing the word "liberal" which was especially bizarre when was done by the pre-MAGA, later so-called constitutional conservatives, considering that the oldest written government charter in continuous effect, the magnificent living US Constitution, is in fact and in founding a liberal document.

https://www.acslaw.org/expertforum/our-liberal-constitution/

"The Constitution was designed by the Framers to be a radically progressive document ....Taken as a whole, the Constitution is anything but a conservative document. And while its words and principles don’t favor any political party, many of its core ideas support the policy goals of modern-day liberals."

Despite all the--to be polite--misguided energy spent by the right, neither is liberal nor is left a bad word. This does not deny that there is a far left portion of the Democratic Party but here's the thing: that tail don't wag this dog. They certainly are a factor in considering policy as they should be, but they've absolute control of neither center left nor left of center. How do we know this? Because Democrats and Independents and Republicans who haven't yet lost their minds voted in a fair and free election Biden as legitimate President of the United States of America and Biden is by no means far left.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Joe_Biden#:~:text=Biden has been described as,or the Green New Deal.

"Biden has generally been regarded as belonging to the mainstream of the Democratic Party. Biden has been described as center to center-left and has described himself as the latter."

Whereas who do the great majority of Republicans (including moderate Republicans at the beckon call of their party's extremists) pick for their (far) right leader?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trumpism

"Trumpism consists of the political ideologies, social emotions, style of governance, political movement, and set of mechanisms for autocratization and authoritarianism."

As to demographics, percentages of population & characteristics of the coalitions that make up both US Republican and Democratic Parties, (counter some nonsense--I won't bother specifying but--posted in this thread) see

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pew_Research_Center_political_typology

As to US parties support of Israel vs Palestine see

https://news.gallup.com/poll/472070/democrats-sympathies-middle-east-shift-palestinians.aspx

To the current war started by Gaza's de facto governing body Hamas leading attacks to rape with their undistracted penises in the blood of their murder victims and take hundreds of hostages, any country so attacked by them would have declared war to defend from this ever happening again.

What might have prevented this war from getting so sadly & horribly further bloodied besides Hamas having never initiated it? How about if the Palestinian Authority from the West Bank had in response to Hamas' attack upon Israel lead a coalition of Muslim states into Gaza to gently remove Hamas from their human shielded barricades and tunnels. There, problem solved and good luck with that.

To the realities, the terrorism of Hamas plays by setting up what they like to think are no win situations or at least situations that bring even more damage even if self-inflected so they can cry their version of maga tears. They attack in such a way that must be answered and then they cry that they are being attacked. Not unlike illiberal bully posters who attack and then cry when their methods of attack are attacked. They don't just set up no win situations with regard to war but even with regard to peace, declaring in their very Charter of their being the destruction of Israel, forgoing what should otherwise be a two-state solution for their perverted preferred terrorism, not unlike how maga terrorizes the United States by lying & denying even when they legitimately lose, and that with their own leader calling for the "termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution." But the far right plays a no win terrorism situation with the rest of the Republican Party, threatening to not support any Republican but a MAGA candidate.

It is very much like strapping babies onto your body and then walking through a shopping mall with an AR-15 shooting up everyone around you thinking that no one will take you out because they will have to shoot through the babies strapped onto you in order to stop you from killing a multitude of other innocents. But those babies were dead by the terrorist's hand the minute you strapped them on, the minute you embedded yourself and your missiles and your rapist murderers within them. Just as the far right holds its Republican Party hostage. Yet the far left does not.

And as nutz is what I haven't found a poll on but suspect from my many interactions might be a very small minority of the LGBT population who supports someone who would behead them, what can I say: some people just really love giving head.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Barbarism? In the case of Queers for Palestine perhaps extreme stupidity is more apt.

The Left can no longer hide the barbarism of its anti-Semitic worldview (telegraph.co.uk)

Exactly why I would never join a pro-Palestine demonstration in the US

These protets are infested with anti-semites and their messaging

Here is one  dumb girl I saw coming back from her demonstration the other day part of her sign reads

”from the river to the sea” which is nothing more than a dog-whistle call for the complete destruction of Israel.

There is no room for these fools in a nuanced discussion of the situation. Criticism of Israels govt and military strategies must be clearly separated from irrational hatred/animosity towards the Jewish people or their religion

Could contain:

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Do you know Hamas, which was marketing itself a bit differently in 2006,  enjoyed a narrow like 44 percent win? Then they started terrorizing any opposition and never had another poll. Any Gazans who openly oppose the militants elements are killed.

As for your  so-called ”vast majority” what of the 47 percent  of the population, the children ? They certainly did not vote in 2006 are they also ”not innocent”? Your point of view resembles a FOX news talking point, ie, a trope absent he slightest intellectual rigour. 

Back to the vast majority of the population I know after 75 years of occupation and hateful Arab propaganda I know most of them are vile anti-semites, like many of the members here on AN but that does not mean they deserve to be slaughtered. By a professional military backed 100 percent by the most powerful country in the world while claiming nonsensically  to make every effort to avoid civilan casualties.

2006 Palestinian legislative election

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Palestinian_legislative_election

Palestinians are willing to risk their lives opposing Israel.

Less so when it comes to resisting Hamas.

Or even when it comes to demanding elections from both their leaderships.

For a people supposedly invested in the concept of freedom, that's rather odd.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unfortunately, not a joke.

“Queers for Palestine” must have a death wish (telegraph.co.uk)

When I first heard the phrase “Queers for Palestine”, I assumed it was a joke, a meme dreamt up by some Right-wing wag on Reddit. There is surely no way actual gay people would cheer on a state infamous for its loathing of homosexuals.

For all their zaniness, surely not even purple-haired, post-gender activists would take to the streets, Pride flag in hand, to champion a country that would jail them, if they’re lucky, and bump them off if they’re not. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

When I first heard the phrase “Queers for Palestine”, I assumed it was a joke, a meme dreamt up by some Right-wing wag on Reddit. There is surely no way actual gay people would cheer on a state infamous for its loathing of homosexuals.

For all their zaniness, surely not even purple-haired, post-gender activists would take to the streets, Pride flag in hand, to champion a country that would jail them, if they’re lucky, and bump them off if they’re not. 

In a world of variety, it is not surprising to find a small subset hooking into any weird, even self-destructive, perverted idea, thus the relatively small number of gift givers & bug chasers of the HIV endemic effecting mostly gay people and the ever more moronic gift giving & bug chasing of the larger-by-multiples hetero population with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic who don't merely refuse to simply moderate their own behavior to reduce suffering but actually attempt in their sick humor to mock those who'd seek to protect themselves from a potential lifetime of the ills of long covid.

The blood of gay person protesting on behalf of someone who'd behead them, putting that perversion in everyone else's face, runs through the same vein as someone who'd, oh, I don't know, would post 

1 hour ago, ViajeroLA said:

even with face diapers )))

into a thread about being self-destructive

33 minutes ago, thaicurious said:

In a world of variety, it is not surprising to find a small subset hooking into any weird, even self-destructive, perverted idea, thus the relatively small number of gift givers & bug chasers of the HIV endemic effecting mostly gay people and the ever more moronic gift giving & bug chasing of the larger-by-multiples hetero population with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic who don't merely refuse to simply moderate their own behavior to reduce suffering but actually attempt in their sick humor to mock those who'd seek to protect themselves from a potential lifetime of the ills of long covid.

The blood of gay person protesting on behalf of someone who'd behead them, putting that perversion in everyone else's face, runs through the same vein as someone who'd, oh, I don't know, would post 

into a thread about being self-destructive

I don’t think the bug chasing analogy really works.

We could into what motivated bug chasing but it's way off topic.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I don’t think the bug chasing analogy really works.

We could into what motivated bug chasing but it's way off topic.

You're welcome to mystify either to manufacture differences, or even find actual differences, but the bare fact is that both bugs are about not caring enough about self and others to take proper precaution to help prevent spreading infection or becoming infected; and, the on-topic psychology of self-destruction by whatever infection of the day applies as well to people engaging abusive relationships, to people seeking the approval of those who couldn't care less about them, to a minor subset of gay people who'd support even those who'd behead them.

On 11/6/2023 at 7:52 PM, bignok said:

I don't care what you believe. You are a stranger on the internet who is too lazy to google stuff. You choose to be lazy and you argue like a 10yo.

I'm happy for you to be like that.

Damnit bignok.  Stop posting stuff like that.   I beginning to think I have an alter ego that is posting without the knowledge of radiochaser and that alter ego is you!   :w00t:

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 7:52 PM, 2baht said:

No they aren't, they are decimating Gaza! Killing at will!

Which is exactly what hamas would like to do to Isralies, decimate them and kill at will.   
Which is exactly what they did to men, women, children, and babies.  And you have the gall to support hamas?

Just now, radiochaser said:

Which is exactly what hamas would like to do to Isralies, decimate them and kill at will.   
Which is exactly what they did to men, women, children, and babies.  And you have the gall to support hamas?

Where is my support for Hamas???

On 11/6/2023 at 9:18 PM, sirineou said:

Spreading unsubstantiated propaganda is not funny IMO, I fact check it and the only reference to it was from the unbiased source of the Times of Israel.  

Of course that's not to say that Many Muslims do not consider homosexuality to be sinful.Which IMO is in it's self a sin against humanity. But that's a different story. 

Are you saying (writing) that muslims don't throw gays off of buildings? 
There are videos on the internet of exactly that happening!   Hands tied behinds men's back, legs bound at the ankles, then two or three men pick them up and throw them off the top of a 3 or 4 story building.   Comments on the video claimed that some of the gay men lived and were taken back up to be thrown off the roof again!

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 9:18 AM, sirineou said:

Spreading unsubstantiated propaganda is not funny IMO, I fact check it and the only reference to it was from the unbiased source of the Times of Israel.  

Of course that's not to say that Many Muslims do not consider homosexuality to be sinful.Which IMO is in it's self a sin against humanity. But that's a different story. 

In 2016, Hamas militants executed one of their own commanders, Mahmoud Ishtiwi, for allegedly having sex with another man. Ishtiwi's allegiance to the group was clear: Just two years prior, he had overseen 1,000 soldiers and an assortment of attack tunnels. But not even his loyalty could save him after they lodged accusations he had engaged in homosexual activity. Prior to executing him with three bullets to the chest, Hamas reportedly tortured him by whipping him, hanging him from a ceiling for hours, and cranking loud music into his cell in order to deprive him of sleep.

Last year, in the West Bank, 25-year-old Ahmed Abu Marhia's severed head was found on the side of the road after he was murdered for being gay. The killer videoed the execution and shared it on social media. 

The Contradictions of 'Queers for Palestine' (reason.com)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, animalmagic said:

In 2016, Hamas militants executed one of their own commanders, Mahmoud Ishtiwi, for allegedly having sex with another man. Ishtiwi's allegiance to the group was clear: Just two years prior, he had overseen 1,000 soldiers and an assortment of attack tunnels. But not even his loyalty could save him after they lodged accusations he had engaged in homosexual activity. Prior to executing him with three bullets to the chest, Hamas reportedly tortured him by whipping him, hanging him from a ceiling for hours, and cranking loud music into his cell in order to deprive him of sleep.

Last year, in the West Bank, 25-year-old Ahmed Abu Marhia's severed head was found on the side of the road after he was murdered for being gay. The killer videoed the execution and shared it on social media. 

The Contradictions of 'Queers for Palestine' (reason.com)

From the OP  , I thought they were for palestinians,In fact the placard says " Queers for Palestine 

All Hamas (at least most) are Palestinians, but all Palestinian are not Hamas. 

Look homosexuals are people like everyone else, and have the right to their own opinions. And I got news for you. they are much more that just gay. Their sexuality is only one aspect of their lives and is not the only defining aspect.  They have compassion for others regardless what other are. If they are evil , as you all claim Palestinians are and don't deserve gay peoples compasion, that is the Palestinians issue.Not the gay people issue. 

Gay people and for that matter all people should  and often  do the right thing regardless what others do.  or think. 

Actuary I am offended that anyone would think that gay people are monolithic, and their sexuality defines everything they  perceive, think, and do, 

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

From the OP  , I thought they were for palestinians,In fact the placard says " Queers for Palestine 

Look homosexuals are people like everyone else, and have the right to their own opinions. And I got news for you. they are much more that just gay. Their sexuality is only one aspect of their lives and is not the only defining aspect.  They have compassion for others regardless what other are. If they are evil , as you all claim Palestinians are and don't deserve gay peoples compasion, that is the Palestinians issue.Not the gay people issue. 

Gay people and for that matter all people should  and often  do the right thing regardless what others do.  or think. 

Actuary I am offended that anyone would think that gay people are monolithic, and their sexuality defines everything they  perceive, think, and do, 

You're 'offended'. Very sad.

That aside, this topic is, I think, about the obvious gap between gays supporting a regime which actively oppresses gay people. IMO, it's odd enough to merit some thought, rather than the meaningless blanket argument that they can hold whichever view they wish. That's a given - question is why? what is the motivation? How do they manage to hold this position if aware of the relevant realities? Are they aware of them? And so on. I'm not gay, so maybe harder for me to understand. If people can explain, shed some light - that's good. Plus some of the clips were funny.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Oh behave.

I never said gay people or any other people are a monolith.

Stop the sleazy games.

• Like 1