Is the prostate a design fault?

simon43

I'm no scientist or PhD, but, my theory is the design is perfect. Night wood, creating a blood engorged penis and stimulated prostate prevents urine from trickling out during sleep. No one wants to sleep in his own waste. 

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it! 

What would happen to your analysis if urine was a panacea?

He who believes in God, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. John 7:38.

If you knew the gift of God, you would have ask him, and he would have given you living water.  John 4:10.

Do you know what living water is?  Or its status as a panacea?  I didn't, but learned by necessity.

According to the Bible's book of Genesis people lived to be over 900 years old and the earth is 6,000 years old.  Lots of excerpts on how to be ailment free.  Many of them are related to acheiving mental health by calming the soul, which is heavily correlated to a fully functioning immune system.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, PPMMUU said:

Evolution does not seek the best way to achieve something. It aims for the easiest way to make things work just well enough for organisms to survive and reproduce.

Also, ancient humans didn’t live long enough to experience problems with prostate enlargement, so this is a trait we have to live with.

Also, ancient humans didn’t live long enough to experience problems with prostate enlargement, so this is a trait we have to live with.

Along with eye degeneration, stroke, heart attack, arthritis, deafness, gout, body stiffness,  hair moving away from the top of the head, menopause, memory loss, alzheimers, dementia, tooth loss, etc etc etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering the "machinery" is there to almost indefinitely regenerate most of the body, perform routine repairs etc  it does resemble in places an abandoned biological machine experiment, a brilliant experiment, but it's like someone got bored about 75% done through Beta testing and went eff it.  They kept the life timer option enabled just in case we got out of control.

52 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Along with eye degeneration, stroke, heart attack, arthritis, deafness, gout, body stiffness,  hair moving away from the top of the head, menopause, memory loss, alzheimers, dementia, tooth loss, etc etc etc.

Exactly my point.

On 11/7/2023 at 8:22 AM, simon43 said:

Why on earth does the urethra from the bladder have to pass through the prostate? When the prostate enlarges, the urethra is squeezed and BPH is the result.  Surely God would have realised this! Was he having a bad day or something?

Yes you really do have limited medical knowledge don't you. The urethra is the pathway for both urine and semen. An important (but not the only) function of the prostate is to stop urine from flowing during ejaculation. I'm not a biologist so I don't exactly know what the consequences would be if the two did mix, but I wouldn't think it would be very conducive to conception. Do you?

On 11/8/2023 at 6:12 PM, fondue zoo said:

Considering the "machinery" is there to almost indefinitely regenerate most of the body, perform routine repairs etc  it does resemble in places an abandoned biological machine experiment, a brilliant experiment, but it's like someone got bored about 75% done through Beta testing and went eff it.  They kept the life timer option enabled just in case we got out of control.

Actually, the machine was well designed for a defined lifespan. It wasn't designed to regenerate as long as we live now.

Most of us should have died in childhood so we didn't overpopulate ourselves and destroy our environment. Which is why there are some diseases that are fatal in childhood but for vaccines, or like mumps prevent fertility. Also defective machines never got to reproduce, which meant the genetic pool remained strong.

Nature does work well when allowed to.

On 11/8/2023 at 7:00 PM, Moonlover said:

Yes you really do have limited medical knowledge don't you. The urethra is the pathway for both urine and semen. An important (but not the only) function of the prostate is to stop urine from flowing during ejaculation. I'm not a biologist so I don't exactly know what the consequences would be if the two did mix, but I wouldn't think it would be very conducive to conception. Do you?

Urine is normally devoid of harmful bacteria so would not of itself have stopped conception, but the reason sperm is injected in semen is because semen is sticky ( and may have some nutritional value to feed the sperm, but I'm not that knowledgeable on the subject of ejaculate to know ) and stops ( some of ) the sperm falling out of the vagina, which improves the chance of one actually making into the uterus to penetrate an egg. If the sperm was in urine it would have little chance of success as would just fall out of the vagina.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@simon43  You haven't got the full story of the journey of the sperms from the man's testicles to the ovum in one of the woman's fallopian tubes. It's a long story and I suggest you read up on it. Pay particular attention to the following:

—  the location of the seminal fluid with the sperms just before the ejaculation

— the importance of the intermittent pressure applied by the prostate gland on the urethra by means of the orgasmic contractions to provide acceleration and speed to the ejaculatory flow