Is it just the Thai way or am I missing something

jwest10

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Says the guy who has made 12 posts trying to impress other posters with his knowledge of basic Thai. Kee nok. Hia gnor.

Back on topic, I don't expect conversation from my GF's grandchildren, different generations.

Gort mahk

15 minutes ago, NextG said:

I certainly wasn’t being nasty. I haven’t read every post, but I haven’t seen anyone being nasty to you either.

In person, there is more information; your tone of voice etc

But in writing, there  needs to be some rules. Otherwise it’s sometimes difficult to be clear about what you are trying to convey. 
No malice or unpleasant criticism involved.

In your head, you know exactly what you are trying to say. But the way you have written it is confusing.  @grain made a summary of what they understood, but you haven’t acknowledged that post, so we are none the wiser. 

you sound confused...🤣🤣

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, NextG said:

I certainly wasn’t being nasty. I haven’t read every post, but I haven’t seen anyone being nasty to you either.

In person, there is more information; your tone of voice etc

But in writing, there  needs to be some rules. Otherwise it’s sometimes difficult to be clear about what you are trying to convey. 
No malice or unpleasant criticism involved.

In your head, you know exactly what you are trying to say. But the way you have written it is confusing.  @grain made a summary of what they understood, but you haven’t acknowledged that post, so we are none the wiser. 

He wants to know how Thais talk

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I think you are saying Thais don't waste time on small talk?......Correct.

I would say they don't do small talk and reserve their conversations for money, food and bitching about their neighbours.

Will B good
Yes, I was trying to explain that our Daughter-in-law who is Thai asked my wife questions relating to myself and do I say these things and yes my wife does in English.
I was pointing out that our Grandchildren and friends also do they say good morning or good night and it appears they do not.
Also, do they say please and thank you, but the latter they do either in Thai or English which of course is not their native tongue?
Yes, I often state I love you and I get a reply from my lady likewise
The point I was trying to make anything could happen in a minute to any of us and God forbid anything or killed on the roads or simply ill health,
That was all and ignored those who were posting and giving me their "expert" opinion
Thanks for your post

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

The point I was trying to make anything could happen in a minute to any of us and God forbid anything or killed on the roads or simply ill health,

My Mum and Dad always told me "never go to bed on an argument, you may never seen them again". I try and abide by this at all times, even if I believe I'm in the right. I'll still mutter "sorry" under my breath. 

1 hour ago, jwest10 said:

Will B good
Yes, I was trying to explain that our Daughter-in-law who is Thai asked my wife questions relating to myself and do I say these things and yes my wife does in English.
I was pointing out that our Grandchildren and friends also do they say good morning or good night and it appears they do not.
Also, do they say please and thank you, but the latter they do either in Thai or English which of course is not their native tongue?
Yes, I often state I love you and I get a reply from my lady likewise
That was all and ignored those who were posting and giving me their "expert" opinion
Thanks for your post

Keep hydrated. A nice cup of tea or even two. 

• Haha 2