Android - How can I copy all my apps from my old mobile phone to my new phone ?

tomgreen

I'm looking for a way to copy all the apps ( .apk ) on an old phone ( running Android  6 ) over to a new phone ( running Android 13 ) . I don't  really want try and find all the apps that I have installed on my old Android phone and then download them all over again to my new Android phone. So I'm hoping that theres a way ( easy ) to just some how transfer all the apps from my old Android phone over to my new Android phone. 

I'm not that bothered about transferring photographs just the Android apps. 

Just wondering if any one has done this sort of copying over Android apps to another Android phone. 

Any advice / suggestions / recommendations please .

Thanks 🙏

20 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Firstly, you need to have Google account.

Then when you turn the new phone on for the first time you will be given an option to login to your account and download all your previously installed apps, photos and saved passwords etc.

You are effectively cloning your old phone.

Be aware that to the complete the process can take an hour plus so you need to be patient. 

It's all stored in the cloud you know....!

Cheers - Just a thought , on my old Android mobile phone some of the apps are not originally from the Google Play store , I'm wondering if using the Google account will some how reject non Play store apps and not transfer / clone them .

18 minutes ago, tomgreen said:

Cheers - Just a thought , on my old Android mobile phone some of the apps are not originally from the Google Play store , I'm wondering if using the Google account will some how reject non Play store apps and not transfer / clone them .

If they are not from Play Store the Google restore will not reload them. You might be able clone them across using a Clone app from the Play store or simply side load them if you have the APK's. However APK's from Android 6 Apps are unlikely to be best suited for Android 13 if at all. Best bet is to download and install the latest versions.

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-sideload-install-android-app-apk/

Edited by Muzzique
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, tomgreen said:

Thank You 👍

Let us know if it was as easy as that, I doubt it.

I don't backup to the cloud, don't want to. I recently loaded all the apps, looked at Google play account, my apps. Position of apps is also important, I also save web pages on the screens same as apps

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks to every one for your comments , advice and suggestions , its appreciated .🙏.

As pointed out the apps on my old Android mobile ( Android 6 ) may not work correctly if copied over to my new Android phone ( Android 13 ) . So it looks like the best way forward is to down load new apps that are for Android 13,  directly to my new Android phone. 

Again , thanks every one. 👍.