The Met Police WON'T ban Poppy Day pro-Palestine rally

CharlieH

9 hours ago, Gaccha said:

Gentleman please relax.

In a few years time, when the Muslims have better captured the instruments of the State, they'll be able to outlaw Remembrance Day and replace it with something more reflective of current values, perhaps 'Mohammed Day'. And then there will be no further squabbling or fighting.

And peace will reign. Your great-grandchildren in their mosques, will look back with shame that their ancestors were infidels. Just as Persians today try to forget that they resisted Islamic invasion.

I’ll give you one point for being honest about your Islamophobia (the big fat elephant in the room throughout this topic) but you get ‘Nul Point’ for the garbage it comprises.

10 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

But why don't we see regular protests on this scale against Hamas and all the other Islamist terror groups?

With the number of Islamist terror atrocities over the past 25 years, surely there should be millions on the streets protesting every week? 

Hamas is a terrorist organization, there are no Government, Diplomatic, Trade or Investment links between the UK and Hamas.

Israel is a state, with which the UK has Government, Diplomatic, Trade or Investment links.

Terrorist organizations are subject to the checks and balances Governments are, or at least ought to be.

On 11/11/2023 at 4:08 PM, JonnyF said:

Yet you continue to support these hate filled, often violent and anti semitic marches under the banner of free speech.

You are fooling nobody. 

and apparently you support israel blowing up 4,000 Palestinian children. Tell me if you don't.

If you can't see that the protests are because the israelis are 'apparently' committing war crimes and crimes against humanity, I can only shake my head in sorrow that some are apparently willfully blind to the horror being inflicted on innocent children.

Thankfully millions around the world see the truth and are protesting the massacres of the innocent.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Protest has been and gone and your somewhat inflammatory claims were apparently disproven. No reports I've seen that support your claims. Perhaps you have some I missed.

The only arrests were for right wing thugs.

Unfortunately in the UK now we have two tier policing, many have to rely on social media sites to see what is going on. How ever you care to spin this and spin this you are doing, why you do it we can only guess. The Metropolitan Police have totally lost the plot, they have lost the support of the nation with their clownish behaviour and are not in any way neutral. 

Anyway if people were honest with themselves it has proven that Suella Braverman was correct all the time, not that there was any doubt from the majority of the nation.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/11/2023 at 7:13 PM, billd766 said:

This is an open forum, and if you don't like the responses to your post you can always put the poster on ignore and not read their post.

Many people on this thread disagree with a lot of my posts. I recognise that they have the same rights to post as I do. I either accept it, or simply ignore it.

I know that their mind is firmly made up and will not change. what I try hard NOT to do is insult or denigrate that poster.

If you don't like a posters stance on a subject, so what, it is HIS stance and not yours.

Thumbs up for that post. Seems some posters have nothing more than insults to offer. Not much out there on world media to prove that israel is on the side of the angels.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/11/2023 at 8:10 PM, RuamRudy said:

I have never screamed such a statement as it does not sit with my stance on the matter. 

So again, how does one register their objections to the illegal actions of the state of Israel without having slurs of anti Semitism thrown at them?

I am. Can you try being less arrogant and patronising?

Excellent post, especially the last sentence.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thumbs up for that post. Seems some posters have nothing more than insults to offer. Not much out there on world media to prove that israel is on the side of the angels.

Are you the official AN vetter of posts now, you can't possibly know what other posters think if you have them on ignore.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/11/2023 at 9:43 PM, nauseus said:

Demonstration Marshall? Who is that then?

They were the people wearing yellow jackets over their clothes. They didn't need to control the pro Palestinian protestors who were peaceful, unlike the thugs that tried to attack the protestors and were arrested by the cops.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

They were the people wearing yellow jackets over their clothes. They didn't need to control the pro Palestinian protestors who were peaceful, unlike the thugs that tried to attack the protestors and were arrested by the cops.

Even our Government law makers are not safe on the streets now, the mob baying for his blood, anybody that thinks yesterdays hate march was peaceful comes from a different planet than the rest of us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2023 at 12:22 AM, nauseus said:

A one-sided protest in this way does not memorialize those who have died or been injured in other wars. These protests have only started since the fight back started against Hamas. 

and that is the great and everlasting shame of the western world that has ignored the atrocities that have been happening for over 30 years in the illegally occupied Palestinian land.

The protests should have been happening for 30 years.

Shame that it took this to let people know how the Palestinians have been humiliated, oppressed and murdered with impunity for so long.

One can only hope that it results in the expulsion of the illegal israeli settlers from the west bank and East Jerusalem, a genuine and viable free Palestinian state and reparations from israel for all it's crimes in illegally occupied Palestine.

Netanyahu in the ICC would be good but unlikely.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I guess you're right. It seems that 'ordinary' Muslims and those on the political left don't think all those Islamist terror atrocities are bad enough to warrant a protest. 

Why single out 'ordinary' Muslims and those on the political left? It also implies that 'ordinary' Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Atheists, Agnostics, etc and those on the political right aren't concerned enough to organise a protest.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/12/2023 at 12:35 AM, The Cyclist said:

Scuffles broke out already between the Police and the peaceful demonstrators trying to reach the Cenotaph.

Let loose the snarling dogs.

You need to prove that. I've seen zero reports of protestors causing trouble, though right wing thugs were and were arrested for it.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Extremists like JonnyF perhaps don’t see themselves as extremists. An extremist is so far to one end that they will refuse to accept any truth that doesn’t align with their extremist beliefs. That’s different from someone who has a genuine belief, but who is able to modify their stance in the face of overwhelming evidence. But you can spot the extremists, because they no matter what, they don’t change nor modify their language, even in the face of overwhelming evidence. No point in trying to have balanced and educated discussions with such people. Too much like arguing with a woman who is constantly moving the goalposts ☺️

• Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

You really couldn't make this up, police arrest a man on remembrance Sunday for having the Union flag in his hands whilst people are given the green light to fly Hamas flags.

Flying a Union Jack is not  a criminal offence, so he must have been arrested for a real offence.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You need to prove that. I've seen zero reports of protestors causing trouble, though right wing thugs were and were arrested for it.

Many posters have shown the trouble that the hate mob have caused but when you block everyone that doesn't share your utopian ideals you will miss it and just wander about in your self made security zone.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

You don't know that, maybe the police were frightened it upset the mob carrying their ISIS and Hamas flags.

Similarly with you. Always arguing at the extremes. Truth nor logic plays no part. Simply a Troll…

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

You don't know that, maybe the police were frightened it upset the mob carrying their ISIS and Hamas flags.

The fact that the individual was arrested whilst carrying a Union Jack is neither here nor there. He could just as easily been carrying a shopping bag. Neither action is a criminal offence.

The clip which you reposted claimed that the individual was arrested for flying a Union Jack. The onus is on you to supply supporting evidence to support this claim.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

That's a very one sided interpretation.

"The slogan has been used by Palestinians, Israelis and their supporters. For the Palestinian side, the slogan has come to be interpreted by some as advocating for a single democratic Palestinian state encompassing what is today Israel and the Palestinian territories, where individuals of all religions would have equal citizenship.

The slogan's usage by Palestinian militant groups have led to claims by critics that the slogan is antisemitic, calling for the dismantling of Israel and denying Jewish self-determination, or that it advocates for their removal or extermination, It has come under scrutiny in the United States and Europe, including being criminalized in some countries."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_the_river_to_the_sea

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

More like a contrived attempt at twisting things - it's quite obvious what it's about in the context of the protests. It's quite obvious that there is no much future for such a one-state nonsense. It's very obvious Palestinians aren't much invested in democracy and human rights. I doubt most of the people marching could articulate anything semi-coherent and fact-based on these matters.

You want to ignore the more obvious and accessible meaning carried, that's up to you. Go on and tell me more about that fabled one-democratic-state-with-equal-rights-for-all thing. Take a look at the ME and find a place where this worked out nicely.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1