I have an non-O multiple entry, please help with 90 days rules

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

As said above if you have a real multi entry non immigrant O visa issued by a Thai Consulate there is nothing you have to do unless you extend your stay beyond 90 days.  Those providing accommodations are required to report using TM30.  There are no 90 day reports due unless you stay longer than 90 days and on a multi entry non immigrant O visa your stay is limited to 90 days.

There's actually still no 90 day report - as such. The application for an extension takes care of it.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

That is what the law states. However, even the most anal immigration office will accept a TM30 notification done a few days after your return without penalty. Also, pursuant to rule changes in 2020, there is supposed to be no need to do a new notification if returning to your permanent address after using a re-entry permit, or the same multiple entry visa used for the previous entry.

Yes I cam back 2 years ago and my village was flooded so I could not go to immigration so I got the wife to call and is was not a problem. 

2 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

That is where you mixed the visa/stays up.

You are talking 90 day stay or 90 day stay with 60 day extension.  But if extension is more than 90 days (which many non immigrant O visa extensions are - most are one year) you indeed will have to make 90 day reports if not leaving within 90 days after extension or last report.  

On 11/9/2023 at 7:14 PM, Red Phoenix said:

When you have a MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa, you receive a 90-day Permission to stay when entering Thailand.  And if you exit Thailand every 3 months (before expiry of that Permission to stay) and then return you will receive once again a 90-day Permission to stay. 

When doing that there is no need to visit an Imm Office to file a TM-30 nor to do 90-day reports (as you never stay longer than 90 days in the country).

18 hours ago, BritTim said:

I think the answer provides good practical advice. I would though add that, technically, you are supposed to ensure that a TM30 notification has been done. Although unlikely, it is possible for Immigration in your area to do a sweep looking for people who have not complied with the rules. Their real objective is to find overstayers. However, if you are caught up in such a sweep, you will face a fine for failure to ensure the TM30 notification was done.

~

You are correct that 'you are supposed to ensure that a TM30 notification has been done'. 

But if you are exiting/re-entering Thailand every time before the expiry of the 90-day Permission to stay from your 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa, there is no reason for you to ever visit an Immigration Office. 

So in such case - to avoid the rare possibility of being asked to show the TM-30 during a raid - simply ask your landlord/owner of the place where you are staying, for a copy of the TM-30, as he is required by Thai law to notify local Immigration that a foreigner is staying at his premises.

Note: The problem when staying on another type Visa, and you want to apply for an extension or need a residence certificate, is that YOU need to visit Immigration and they will decline to provide you with a service when the TM-30 requirement has not been met. And you can even get fined when it was not done, when your landlord did not do the notification.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

So in such case - to avoid the rare possibility of being asked to show the TM-30 during a raid - simply ask your landlord/owner of the place where you are staying, for a copy of the TM-30, as he is required by Thai law to notify local Immigration that a foreigner is staying at his premises.

Just one comment on that.  Its the House Master that is legally required to notify immigration that a foreigner is living in a premises under his/her control.  There are several definitions of House Master but there is no requirement to be a Thai national.

I have actually seen an official version that also states this but I can't for the life of me remember where.................  If you have a registered Usufruct agreement on a property, you are classed as the House Master and are allowed to register your own TM30.  I think that might also apply to long term leases.  In my case, when I went to registerer TM30 at Korat Immigration with a copy of my Usufruct, Korat I.O. were having none of it and told me the person registered in the Tabien Baan had to do it.  When I returned with the original Channote with my name on the back in relation to the Usufruct, a discussion took place and they backed down.

I've also heard of other I.O.'s accepting a TM30 registration by a tenant where they were having problems getting their landlord to do it - a much more sensible approach seeing as the end result is the same.