Ruby Member

herfiehandbag

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Hover over it and it tells you that you are a Gold Member.

It's another of those "enhancements" that software engineers make when they can't fix the actual bugs :whistling:

I think the digital future is going to be problamatic.

Optus Aus meltdown recently is an example.

Really we live in an analogue world. 

If you push something it moves...analogue, if you pull something it moves...analogue. Our body is works in an analogue world.

A digital world is really a foreign world that everyone is pushing because of the speed. Analogue is natural where Digital is not.

Our analogue body has many redundancies. Two eyes, 2 ears, 2 testicals, 2 legs, 2 arms. We can lose 1 of these and still function.

In our digital world, if you stuff up a few 1s or 0s then your digital world is stuffed up.

In an old 'real time' digital system data transfers had a parity bit. So a 64 bit word  really had an extra parity bit so each data transfer had a final 'checksum' to check that the sent data was the same as the received data and not corrupted.

They don't or didn't have parity checks with our modern computers.

So with our push to make everything digital is causing pending disaster because when you have mega interconnected systems from analogue to digital back to analogue and not enough 'no break' power supplies, then there will be big problems.

Fire away :)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Crossy said:

It's another of those "enhancements" that software engineers make when they can't fix the actual bugs :whistling:

Software engineers are between a rock and a hard place.

They have managers and bean counters pushing them hard to produce improved systems - fast.

They then have the end users wondering why on earth they unleashed the new version on them without stress testing it first.

I sometimes wonder what happened to the aphorism " If it ain't broke, don't fix it ". It's not as if software needs a grease and oil change.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Hover over it and it tells you that you are a Gold Member.

thanks for the clarification as I was wondering what the heck was going on with this ratings... hope u guys start to use AI software engineers soon to avoid this type of bugs ... BTW it shows that I have 10.4 K of what??? that still puzzles me  555

Edited by Mavideol