trump ramaswamy ticket

stoner

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"You know nothing of my work experience but you are claiming it does not come close. Pretty typical. What are you claiming my work experience does not come close to? "

Your work experience does not come close to that required to be President.  Neither does the work experience of anyone who lacks government or military experience.  Prove me wrong; explain how your work experience qualifies you for the job.

"I do not for a second think managing the military was simple, nor do I think anything I said would lead any honest person to believe that. I think the Afghanistan debacle bears out that it's too complicated for the current administration, which incidentally lacks military experience"

The Afghanistan debacle shows that Trump was clueless about military and international affairs.  Negotiating the withdrawal of the US military from Afghanistan without including the Afghanistan government was pure idiocy.  President Biden chose to honor the commitments made by his predecessor, something every US President other than Trump had done.  Any President who does not do that destroys America's credibility with its allies, as Trump routinely did.

"The only people that believe the left is not ruining the country are on the left."

In other words you have no facts on your side, only your personal prejudice.

"Okay, so Ron DeSantis has military experience, graduated Harvard law school cum laude, and is a popular governor of the third most populated state in the union. So, is that who you're supporting in '24? No."

I never stated that military or government experience alone qualifies one to be President.  This is the second time I've explained that to you. 

You are correct, I don't support Ron DeSantis.  Ron DeSantis stands firm on nothing but self-serving opportunism.  He was pro-vaccine until he decided his base wanted him to be anti-vax.  He raised building standards along Florida's Gulf coast after the beach town of Mexico Beach was wiped out by Hurricane Michael then he lowered them after builders and home-owners complained.  He spends Florida taxpayer money freely on stunts that benefit his Presidential campaign but do nothing for Florida.  Can you tell us one significant accomplishment of DeSantis other than generating headlines?

"You'll support whatever the left-most candidate is, regardless of their experience."

Wrong.  I suspect that your simple binary world view can't accept the complexity of anything other than extreme left and extreme right, but I regard myself as a centrist.  However I will probably vote for the least bad option that has a chance of getting elected.  If it is Trump vs Biden I will vote for Biden.

Right. Your position appears that only leftists that have been feeding at the public trough all or at least most of their lives are qualified to be President, because it is just too complicated for anyone else. Is that correct? 

You would vote for Rashida Tlaib or Cornel West if they were running against Trump or even Mike Pense. 

On 11/15/2023 at 9:31 PM, Yellowtail said:

Right. Your position appears that only leftists that have been feeding at the public trough all or at least most of their lives are qualified to be President, because it is just too complicated for anyone else. Is that correct? 

You would vote for Rashida Tlaib or Cornel West if they were running against Trump or even Mike Pense. 

Reading comprehension problems?  Quote anything I posted that supports your speculation about my views on the required qualifications to be POTUS.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Reading comprehension problems?

Occasionally

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Quote anything I posted that supports your speculation about my views on the required qualifications to be POTUS.

I've been talking politics with you for years. 

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, heybruce said:

Yes, and you routinely use the absurd right-wing pundit approach:  Take a reasonable position and extrapolate it to a ridiculous extreme.  It works for pundits because they know better than to use it in an actual debate.  You don't.

Yes, and you routinely use the absurd left-wing pundit approach:  Take a reasonable position and extrapolate it to a ridiculous extreme.  It works for pundits because they know better than to use it in an actual debate.  You don't

Once again, provide any evidence to support your claim that "Your position appears that only leftists that have been feeding at the public trough all or at least most of their lives are qualified to be President, because it is just too complicated for anyone else."

Just read your last few posts. Did you not claim that only people with military or government experience should be President? And was that not because you felt it was too complex? 

Then you disqualify DeSantis for what? 

Alternatively, you can explain why you think extremely complex and consequential jobs should be given to those with no training or experience.  Would you like a well meaning person with no medical experience or training to perform surgery on you?

Why don't you show where I claimed to think extremely complex and consequential jobs should be given to those with no training or experience?

As a leftist, you lie like you breath, you do not even think about it. 

26 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, and you routinely use the absurd left-wing pundit approach:  Take a reasonable position and extrapolate it to a ridiculous extreme.  It works for pundits because they know better than to use it in an actual debate.  You don't

Just read your last few posts. Did you not claim that only people with military or government experience should be President? And was that not because you felt it was too complex? 

Then you disqualify DeSantis for what? 

Why don't you show where I claimed to think extremely complex and consequential jobs should be given to those with no training or experience?

As a leftist, you lie like you breath, you do not even think about it. 

"Yes, and you routinely use the absurd left-wing pundit approach:  Take a reasonable position and extrapolate it to a ridiculous extreme."

Where have I done this?  Provide a linked quote.

I posted:

"Anyone who does not understand the nuclear triad, survivable second strike capability and Mutually Assured Destruction has no business even considering becoming Commander in Chief.  The world is very different from what it was over two hundred years ago.  Unfortunately people aren't any smarter; in many ways they seem dumber.  Many are unaware, and refuse to believe, that the President has the unchecked power to launch nuclear weapons."

"I don't want an amateur with no government experience holding that power.  A certain amount of learning on the job is unavoidable, but for the office of the Presidency prior experience is essential."

You gave an example of extrapolating a reasonable view to a ridiculous extreme by replying with:

"Let's get a veteran that worked at the DMV for thirty years, the last five as a supervisor and run them for President, should be perfect, yes? "

and with:

"Your position appears that only leftists that have been feeding at the public trough all or at least most of their lives are qualified to be President, because it is just too complicated for anyone else."

I never posted anything so ridiculous.  Evidently you can debate what I posted so you make things up, credit me with your made-up nonsense then argue against that.  These are clear examples of extrapolating a reasonable view to a ridiculous extreme.

Regarding:

"Then you disqualify DeSantis for what?"

I posted:

"You are correct, I don't support Ron DeSantis.  Ron DeSantis stands firm on nothing but self-serving opportunism.  He was pro-vaccine until he decided his base wanted him to be anti-vax.  He raised building standards along Florida's Gulf coast after the beach town of Mexico Beach was wiped out by Hurricane Michael then he lowered them after builders and home-owners complained.  He spends Florida taxpayer money freely on stunts that benefit his Presidential campaign but do nothing for Florida.  Can you tell us one significant accomplishment of DeSantis other than generating headlines?"

Did you not understand that?

"Why don't you show where I claimed to think extremely complex and consequential jobs should be given to those with no training or experience?"

I confused a post from impulse for one by you.  My apologies.

"As a leftist, you lie like you breath, you do not even think about it."

Really?  Where have I lied?

Also, you have posted:

"To be clear, I'm a lot more concerned about the left destroying civilization than I am of airmen being incapable of following the work instructions."

and:

"The only people that believe the left is not ruining the country are on the left."

Yet you refuse to provide evidence or reason why you believe your nonsense.  Try to make claims that can be defended.

On 11/25/2023 at 7:27 AM, heybruce said:

"Yes, and you routinely use the absurd left-wing pundit approach:  Take a reasonable position and extrapolate it to a ridiculous extreme."

Where have I done this?  Provide a linked quote.

I posted:

"Anyone who does not understand the nuclear triad, survivable second strike capability and Mutually Assured Destruction has no business even considering becoming Commander in Chief.  The world is very different from what it was over two hundred years ago.  Unfortunately people aren't any smarter; in many ways they seem dumber.  Many are unaware, and refuse to believe, that the President has the unchecked power to launch nuclear weapons."

"I don't want an amateur with no government experience holding that power.  A certain amount of learning on the job is unavoidable, but for the office of the Presidency prior experience is essential."

You gave an example of extrapolating a reasonable view to a ridiculous extreme by replying with:

"Let's get a veteran that worked at the DMV for thirty years, the last five as a supervisor and run them for President, should be perfect, yes? "

and with:

"Your position appears that only leftists that have been feeding at the public trough all or at least most of their lives are qualified to be President, because it is just too complicated for anyone else."

I never posted anything so ridiculous.  Evidently you can debate what I posted so you make things up, credit me with your made-up nonsense then argue against that.  These are clear examples of extrapolating a reasonable view to a ridiculous extreme.

Regarding:

"Then you disqualify DeSantis for what?"

I posted:

"You are correct, I don't support Ron DeSantis.  Ron DeSantis stands firm on nothing but self-serving opportunism.  He was pro-vaccine until he decided his base wanted him to be anti-vax.  He raised building standards along Florida's Gulf coast after the beach town of Mexico Beach was wiped out by Hurricane Michael then he lowered them after builders and home-owners complained.  He spends Florida taxpayer money freely on stunts that benefit his Presidential campaign but do nothing for Florida.  Can you tell us one significant accomplishment of DeSantis other than generating headlines?"

Did you not understand that?

"Why don't you show where I claimed to think extremely complex and consequential jobs should be given to those with no training or experience?"

I confused a post from impulse for one by you.  My apologies.

"As a leftist, you lie like you breath, you do not even think about it."

Really?  Where have I lied?

You lied when you claimed that I believe "...extremely complex and consequential jobs should be given to those with no training or experience...".

Which proves what I said, that as a leftist, you lie like you breath, you do not even think about it.

On 11/25/2023 at 7:27 AM, heybruce said:

Also, you have posted:

"To be clear, I'm a lot more concerned about the left destroying civilization than I am of airmen being incapable of following the work instructions."

and:

Yet you refuse to provide evidence or reason why you believe your nonsense.  Try to make claims that can be defended.

Unlike a leftist such as yourself, I don't need an "expert" (also a leftist) to tell me what to think, I just have to look around.

• Sad 1

On 11/16/2023 at 9:31 AM, Yellowtail said:

More trolling nonsense from you. And as for Ron DeSantis' military experience, he served as a lawyer

DeSantis’ Military Service as Navy Lawyer for SEAL Commander

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/08/desantis-military-service-as-navy-lawyer-for-seal-commander/

39 minutes ago, placeholder said:

More trolling nonsense from you. And as for Ron DeSantis' military experience, he served as a lawyer

DeSantis’ Military Service as Navy Lawyer for SEAL Commander

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/08/desantis-military-service-as-navy-lawyer-for-seal-commander/

You're hilarious. 

So, had he been a Seaman (or a draft dodger like Clinton) he would have gained a better understanding of the complexities of military operations than he did as a lawyer for a SEAL Commander. 

Hey, how about Biden's military experience in Afghanistan? You crack me up.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

You lied when you claimed that I believe "...extremely complex and consequential jobs should be given to those with no training or experience...".

Which proves what I said, that as a leftist, you lie like you breath, you do not even think about it.

Unlike a leftist such as yourself, I don't need an "expert" (also a leftist) to tell me what to think, I just have to look around.

I explained that I had confused your post for that of impulse after you jumped into a back and forth he and I were engaged in.  I also apologized for the mistake.  There is a difference between a lie and a mistake. 

After I posted that only people with government or military experience are qualified to be President, you posted "Let's get a veteran that worked at the DMV for thirty years, the last five as a supervisor and run them for President, should be perfect, yes? "  That is hyperbole taken to the point of lying.  Yes?

You also posted "Your position appears that only leftists that have been feeding at the public trough all or at least most of their lives are qualified to be President, because it is just too complicated for anyone else. Is that correct? "  I never posted anything suggesting that, but why let reality interfere with your beliefs?   Your inability to explain why you think "leftists" are responsible for all that is wrong with life confirms your disengagement with reality.

Go ahead and live in your fantasy world.  Until you start backing up your ridiculous claims with facts there is no point in debating because you are incapable of debate.

15 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I explained that I had confused your post for that of impulse after you jumped into a back and forth he and I were engaged in.  I also apologized for the mistake.  There is a difference between a lie and a mistake. 

After I posted that only people with government or military experience are qualified to be President, you posted "Let's get a veteran that worked at the DMV for thirty years, the last five as a supervisor and run them for President, should be perfect, yes? "  That is hyperbole taken to the point of lying.  Yes?

You also posted "Your position appears that only leftists that have been feeding at the public trough all or at least most of their lives are qualified to be President, because it is just too complicated for anyone else. Is that correct? "  I never posted anything suggesting that, but why let reality interfere with your beliefs?   Your inability to explain why you think "leftists" are responsible for all that is wrong with life confirms your disengagement with reality.

Go ahead and live in your fantasy world.  Until you start backing up your ridiculous claims with facts there is no point in debating because you are incapable of debate.

You're still lying. Just read your last few posts. Did you not claim that only people with military or government experience should be President? And was that not because you felt it was too complex? 

17 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

You're still lying. Just read your last few posts. Did you not claim that only people with military or government experience should be President? And was that not because you felt it was too complex? 

One of us is lying.  My first post on this topic stated:

"I don't want an amateur with no government experience holding that power."

You replied with:

Where did I post that military or government experience is the only criteria?  Where did I mention the DMV?

Do you think the Presidency is not complex?  Do you think people who have are clueless about nuclear weapons, strategies, capabilities, and treaties should be Commander in Chief of the US military?  Why do you think it's not necessary to have military or government experience to hold such a job?

Also, why do you think wanting a person holding the top job in the US government to have government experience is leftist?  You have a ridiculously broad definition of "leftist" if you think requiring experience for a difficult and extremely consequential job is leftist.

• Like 2

Not a fan of the Ram these days. He comes across all smarmy, like the kid in class who would always ask the teacher, "did you forget to give us homework?" at the end of class.  

My dream would be Nikki Haley for Pres, plus Kristi Noem for VP.  Or possibly Tim Scott, although he seems almost too nice a guy for bare knuckle politics. 

20 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Not a fan of the Ram these days. He comes across all smarmy, like the kid in class who would always ask the teacher, "did you forget to give us homework?" at the end of class.  

My dream would be Nikki Haley for Pres, plus Kristi Noem for VP.  Or possibly Tim Scott, although he seems almost too nice a guy for bare knuckle politics. 

Your problem with the guy who wanted to send US troops into Mexico to battle the drug cartels is smarminess? Really? Come to think of it, i guess that makes sense from your point of view.

Nikki Haley doubles down on promise to send special ops to 'eliminate' drug cartels across US-Mexico border

Former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley repeated her support for sending armed forces across the U.S.-Mexico border to target drug cartels. 

"When it comes to the cartels, we should treat them like the terrorists that they are," Haley told Fox News Digital in a recent interview. "I would send special operations in there and eliminate them just like we eliminated ISIS and make sure that they know there's no place for them."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nikki-haley-doubles-down-promise-send-special-ops-eliminate-drug-cartels-mexico-border

Just now, stoner said:

sounds like you didn't watch it either. 

You mean because it was based on narcotics agents' operation instead of the military? You think that's an important point? Or that it was about personal revenge? Weird that you don't understand why what you originally wrote is relevant. It was about a special operation against a drug cartel kingpin inside of Mexico, was it not?

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You mean because it was based on narcotics agents' operation instead of the military? You think that's an important point? Or that it was about personal revenge? Weird that you don't understand why what you originally wrote is relevant. It was about a special operation against a drug cartel kingpin inside of Mexico, was it not?

where are you getting all those crazy assumptions from ? good grief. a special operation against a certain cartel was a small part of the overall idea yes. 

6 minutes ago, stoner said:

where are you getting all those crazy assumptions from ? good grief. a special operation against a certain cartel was a small part of the overall idea yes. 

Really? The plan of revenge pursued by Benicio del Toro's character was not  the story that shaped the drama? And you're questioning whether or not I saw the film? It is to laugh.

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

Really? The plan of revenge pursued by Benicio del Toro's character was not  the story that shaped the drama? And you're questioning whether or not I saw the film? It is to laugh.

You're funny....

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2023 at 11:24 PM, stoner said:

i personally think they would beat the dems as i said. thread is to find out others opinions. nothing said about help. [;ease keep to one name calling per comment please. two is very unbecoming. 

Just watch the polls for the Iowa caucus.