trump ramaswamy ticket

stoner

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

From your post I assume you have zero experience in government, little or no experience in the military, and no experience in managing large, complex organizations.  Every job looks easy to people who don't know anything about it.

And everything looks impossible to people that spend their lives on the public teat. 

Let's get a veteran that worked at the DMV for thirty years, the last five as a supervisor and run them for President, should be perfect, yes? 

13 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

And everything looks impossible to people that spend their lives on the public teat. 

Let's get a veteran that worked at the DMV for thirty years, the last five as a supervisor and run them for President, should be perfect, yes? 

Since you didn't dispute my assumption I assume I am correct and you have no experience managing anything of complexity--such as the proper use of nuclear weapons that can destroy civilization.

I didn't state that anyone with government experience is qualified to be President.  However anyone with zero government or military experience is unqualified to be President.

Vivek made a splash early on but his trajectory since that first debate has been down, straight down.

Most Republicans hate the guy.  Heck, everyone hates the guy, except obviously the op.

His Favorability ratings have been underwater since May.

Might trump choose him as a running mate? Sure.

Will he? No.

trump can probably win with a serial killer as a running mate.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

Since you didn't dispute my assumption I assume I am correct and you have no experience managing anything of complexity--such as the proper use of nuclear weapons that can destroy civilization.

You really should try to follow along. You never posted that you assumed I "...have no experience managing anything of complexity...", so what does that say about you? To be clear, I have managed many complex systems that people's lives depend on, and I have developed work instructions such that they continue to be managed correctly in my absence.

To be clear, I'm a lot more concerned about the left destroying civilization than I am of airmen being incapable of following the work instructions developed for handling nuclear weapons. I've watched the destruction caused by the left my whole life, including what I see as the deterioration of the military. 

6 hours ago, heybruce said:

I didn't state that anyone with government experience is qualified to be President.  However anyone with zero government or military experience is unqualified to be President.

Why?

9 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Most Republicans hate the guy.  Heck, everyone hates the guy, except obviously the op.

Yet another poster telling me who i like or what i believe.

Strangely enough it always seems to come from the one side. 

Smh.

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

But then you refuse to converse, what's up with that? 

How am I not conversing ? Because I didn't say if I hate someone.

I don't care for almost all politicians as a whole. 

I find the majority of them to be despicable people. Almost always driven by their own personal agenda and career aspirations.

10 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Vivek made a splash early on but his trajectory since that first debate has been down, straight down.

His Favorability ratings have been underwater since May.

Might trump choose him as a running mate? Sure.

Will he? No.

trump can probably win with a serial killer as a running mate.

Knowing his base, a serial killer VP would be a feature.

1 hour ago, stoner said:

How am I not conversing ? Because I didn't say if I hate someone.

I don't care for almost all politicians as a whole. 

I find the majority of them to be despicable people. Almost always driven by their own personal agenda and career aspirations.

I asked you a direct question, and you dodged it. 

Almost no one (except for the hard left) cares for politicians, but we do need to vote. 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

I asked you a direct question, and you dodged it. 

Almost no one (except for the hard left) cares for politicians, but we do need to vote. 

Your question was dumb. Why would you ask me if I hate someone.

Strange.

18 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

You really should try to follow along. You never posted that you assumed I "...have no experience managing anything of complexity...", so what does that say about you? To be clear, I have managed many complex systems that people's lives depend on, and I have developed work instructions such that they continue to be managed correctly in my absence.

To be clear, I'm a lot more concerned about the left destroying civilization than I am of airmen being incapable of following the work instructions developed for handling nuclear weapons. I've watched the destruction caused by the left my whole life, including what I see as the deterioration of the military. 

Why?

Regarding your first paragraph, read the post below.  You're description of your work experience doesn't come close.

Your second paragraph shows your naivety about managing the military.  It ends with the standard unsubstantiated hyperbole about "the left" that is never supported by reality.

On 11/12/2023 at 9:31 PM, heybruce said:

From your post I assume you have zero experience in government, little or no experience in the military, and no experience in managing large, complex organizations.  Every job looks easy to people who don't know anything about it.

As you your final question of "Why?", I answered that already.  If you can't understand the answer I can't help you.  Try re-reading my post below.

On 11/11/2023 at 3:46 PM, heybruce said:

"Perhaps Ramaswamy's run is an indication that the door is opening to the citizen leader envisioned by the founding fathers.  The guy who puts down his plow, his lawbook or his set of tools, goes to Washington to serve for a few years and then goes back to thrive (or not) in the world he's created."

The Founding Fathers envisioned only good, honorable, educated men would run for office, and would be selected by other good and honorable men, not directly elected.  The Founding Fathers also envisioned factions with different interest negotiating and compromising.  They warned against letting politics devolve into a two party system.

The Founding Fathers did not envision weapons that could travel across the world and destroy cities within an hour of launch.  They assumed that they would have months to prepare a citizen army for war and saw little need for a standing army.

Anyone who does not understand the nuclear triad, survivable second strike capability and Mutually Assured Destruction has no business even considering becoming Commander in Chief.  The world is very different from what it was over two hundred years ago.  Unfortunately people aren't any smarter; in many ways they seem dumber.  Many are unaware, and refuse to believe, that the President has the unchecked power to launch nuclear weapons. 

I don't want an amateur with no government experience holding that power.  A certain amount of learning on the job is unavoidable, but for the office of the Presidency prior experience is essential. 

9 hours ago, stoner said:

Your question was dumb. Why would you ask me if I hate someone.

Strange.

You took one poster to task for claiming you did not hate Ramaswamy, and when I asked you if you did hate Ramaswamy you dodge the question three times. 

Strange.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Regarding your first paragraph, read the post below.  You're description of your work experience doesn't come close.

You know nothing of my work experience but you are claiming it does not come close. Pretty typical. What are you claiming my work experience does not come close to? 

Your second paragraph shows your naivety about managing the military.  It ends with the standard unsubstantiated hyperbole about "the left" that is never supported by reality.

I do not for a second think managing the military was simple, nor do I think anything I said would lead any honest person to believe that. I think the Afghanistan debacle bears out that it's too complicated for the current administration, which incidentally lacks military experience. 

The only people that believe the left is not ruining the country are on the left. 

As you your final question of "Why?", I answered that already.  If you can't understand the answer I can't help you.  Try re-reading my post below.

Okay, so Ron DeSantis has military experience, graduated Harvard law school cum laude, and is a popular governor of the third most populated state in the union. So, is that who you're supporting in '24? No. You'll support whatever the left-most candidate is, regardless of their experience.

10 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

You took one poster to task for claiming you did not hate Ramaswamy, and when I asked you if you did hate Ramaswamy you dodge the question three times. 

Strange.

No I took the poster to task for assuming my stance on the issue. Thought that was abundantly clear. Guess not.

as to your repeated asking. I am not dodging anything I just find the question stupid. 

I care not either way for the man. 

11 minutes ago, stoner said:

No I took the poster to task for assuming my stance on the issue. Thought that was abundantly clear. Guess not.

as to your repeated asking. I am not dodging anything I just find the question stupid. 

I care not either way for the man. 

I like the Indian dude. He's smart. The black dude is ok too. The woman is a mole. Chris Christmas is a goose.

Trump and Indian or Black Dude.

2 hours ago, bignok said:

I like the Indian dude. He's smart. The black dude is ok too. The woman is a mole. Chris Christmas is a goose.

Trump and Indian or Black Dude.

The only ones you manage to identify with any attempt at some sort of proper name are "the white dudes".  Colour me unsurprised.

A mole- like as in a spy?

On 11/14/2023 at 8:58 PM, Yellowtail said:

You know nothing of my work experience but you are claiming it does not come close. Pretty typical. What are you claiming my work experience does not come close to? 

I do not for a second think managing the military was simple, nor do I think anything I said would lead any honest person to believe that. I think the Afghanistan debacle bears out that it's too complicated for the current administration, which incidentally lacks military experience. 

The only people that believe the left is not ruining the country are on the left. 

Okay, so Ron DeSantis has military experience, graduated Harvard law school cum laude, and is a popular governor of the third most populated state in the union. So, is that who you're supporting in '24? No. You'll support whatever the left-most candidate is, regardless of their experience.

"You know nothing of my work experience but you are claiming it does not come close. Pretty typical. What are you claiming my work experience does not come close to? "

Your work experience does not come close to that required to be President.  Neither does the work experience of anyone who lacks government or military experience.  Prove me wrong; explain how your work experience qualifies you for the job.

"I do not for a second think managing the military was simple, nor do I think anything I said would lead any honest person to believe that. I think the Afghanistan debacle bears out that it's too complicated for the current administration, which incidentally lacks military experience"

The Afghanistan debacle shows that Trump was clueless about military and international affairs.  Negotiating the withdrawal of the US military from Afghanistan without including the Afghanistan government was pure idiocy.  President Biden chose to honor the commitments made by his predecessor, something every US President other than Trump had done.  Any President who does not do that destroys America's credibility with its allies, as Trump routinely did.

"The only people that believe the left is not ruining the country are on the left."

In other words you have no facts on your side, only your personal prejudice.

"Okay, so Ron DeSantis has military experience, graduated Harvard law school cum laude, and is a popular governor of the third most populated state in the union. So, is that who you're supporting in '24? No."

I never stated that military or government experience alone qualifies one to be President.  This is the second time I've explained that to you. 

You are correct, I don't support Ron DeSantis.  Ron DeSantis stands firm on nothing but self-serving opportunism.  He was pro-vaccine until he decided his base wanted him to be anti-vax.  He raised building standards along Florida's Gulf coast after the beach town of Mexico Beach was wiped out by Hurricane Michael then he lowered them after builders and home-owners complained.  He spends Florida taxpayer money freely on stunts that benefit his Presidential campaign but do nothing for Florida.  Can you tell us one significant accomplishment of DeSantis other than generating headlines?

"You'll support whatever the left-most candidate is, regardless of their experience."

Wrong.  I suspect that your simple binary world view can't accept the complexity of anything other than extreme left and extreme right, but I regard myself as a centrist.  However I will probably vote for the least bad option that has a chance of getting elected.  If it is Trump vs Biden I will vote for Biden.