What is your favourite British Cuisine?

Chris Daley

6 minutes ago, gargamon said:

That's not British food. It's Indian. Just because it's now very popular in Britain doesn't mean it's now British. The popularity of Indian food there is due to the low quality local cuisine offered. I postulate that if the Thais had been in Britain before the Indians, Thai food would be the #1 food there. 

A lot of us Brits think of British food as the food that's available in Britain i.e. Indian food is British food, as is Thai food, Chinese etc

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Hollands Steak & Kidney pudding, with mushy peas, real chips and Bisto gravy.

With a pint of Old Speckled Hen ale. Mmmmm.

A bit like this. Food of the gods.

Could contain:

Edited by champers
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Fish & Chips, but I've given up in Thailand it just can't compare to back home, also usually dripping in oil and that earthy river fish

Give Sharples a try. Have branches in Patts and Jomtien with plans to go nationwide (tourist areas).

1 hour ago, Chris Daley said:

Apparently we don't have a cuisine or specific British food in England

What was you thinking?! You've opened up a huge can of worms now. Just wait for the usual suspects to come along. Apparently, there is no good British food. 555

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, champers said:

Give Sharples a try. Have branches in Patts and Jomtien with plans to go nationwide (tourist areas).

Mixed reports on them although meant to be one of the best about 299 baht for cod & chips, maybe 250 Friday pensioner special 555, that put me off.

i avoid oily fatty foods these days so doesn't appeal to me anymore

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Seppius said:

Wish I could find some fish and chips in Pattaya that looked like this, had some awful ones form the British places, given up now

Fish-and-Chips-GQ-16Feb16_istock_b.webp

Had a pretty decent one in Chiang Mai yesterday. And before anyone asks, no, that is not my unwashed grundies on the table. It's thread the Mrs uses for her needle craft.

Could contain:

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Mixed reports on them although meant to be one of the best about 299 baht for cod & chips, maybe 250 Friday pensioner special 555, that put me off.

i avoid oily fatty foods these days so doesn't appeal to me anymore

Fair enough. I haven't found the food especially greasy. I order the child portion now because I cannot eat a full adult portion which is too generous for me. When they started serving a cuppa tea that was a big improvement for me.