What is your favourite British Cuisine?

Chris Daley

13 hours ago, Keeps said:

I think your friends wife needs to hone her dinner party skills if that was what she served. It's pretty much viewed as an emergency meal in the UK, maybe if you've got one in the cupboard but can't get down the shop due to an earthquake, flood or alien invasion etc 

Regarding the pastry, you have just described all that is good about it 555

Even in the midst of Alien Invasion, I think I'd rather eat grass!

• Haha 2

On 11/11/2023 at 9:21 AM, gargamon said:

That's not British food. It's Indian. Just because it's now very popular in Britain doesn't mean it's now British. The popularity of Indian food there is due to the low quality local cuisine offered. I postulate that if the Thais had been in Britain before the Indians, Thai food would be the #1 food there. 

"Indian" food served and sold in UK is as British as it is Indian. Mostly created for the Raj to eat. 

Balti and Tikka Masala were both created in UK for the British palate.

Go to India and try real Indian food. They you'll understand.

On 11/11/2023 at 10:04 AM, champers said:

That's Argentinian.

On 11/11/2023 at 10:09 AM, Keeps said:

The brand is, but I can assure you, they are not made in Argentina.

On 11/11/2023 at 10:13 AM, VocalNeal said:

Technically not. Fray Bentos is in Uruguay, across the river from Argentina. :post-4641-1156694606:

Named after the port "Frey Bentos" in Uruguay. Products previously manufactured there.

Now owned by British company and produced in Scotland.

• Thumbs Up 1

My mum, bless her, was a terrible cook and I could fill a couple of pages with her efforts at cooking something edible, BUT there was something she could cook and which I can remember to this very day – – Apple and blackberry pie, where the apples were from the tree in our garden, and the blackberries from the hedgerow in the local large field. Absolutely delicious.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 9:59 AM, Seppius said:

Wish I could find some fish and chips in Pattaya that looked like this, had some awful ones form the British places, given up now

My gf does great Fish & Chips, Suasages, Pork Pie, and various Pies - also Chorizo, Churros. Obviously she believes in the old saying the way to a man's heart is through the stomach. I am still trying to persuade her there is another way, in the meantime I'm putting on weight through lack of exercise! :offtopic:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2023 at 3:47 PM, Chris Daley said:

Apparently we don't have a cuisine or specific British food in England.  So here is twenty minutes worth of it:

David Cameron, wait, you said British "cuisine", I thought you said British C***t.