Thai bank cards with free travel insurance

Looking for a Thai bank card. Travel or debit card - possibly credit - that gives free travel insurance. 

*SCB Planet, travel card 200 baht , no annual fee

*Kasikorn Journey, debit card, 700 baht, then 550 all following years.

But maximum trip is only 10 days.

Any other good ones? Going to the banks not easy, staff didn't even know their own products. Possible credit card issue is need to buy the transport with the credit card, so maybe issue with "van to the border" holidays

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 1:49 PM, Chivas said:

No matter if Thai UK or wherever "bundled" or "free" travel insurance via Banks are not worth the paper they are written on literally

I worked for 6 years in insurance 80's and 90's and bundled "cover" was the subject of complaint after complaint

Reading an article recently nothing has changed whatsoever

Yeah, you have to be careful with CC Travel Insurance. Read the fine print: it may only cover you when you are actually travelling, not while your staying at your destination

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, worrab said:

I can only but disagree with you I am afraid to say. I do apologise but this is why.

Back in 2014 I came for a holiday to Thailand with the flights all done on my Lloyds Bank card which automatically included travel insurance. I met my future wife in BKK and flew up to Chiang Mai. Long story short, I contracted diverticulitis which involved MRI and CT scans, 2 major life saving ops in Lanna Hospital, missed flights home, which were rebooked, hotel charges, bank charges and exchange rate charges. Total bill came to over £7k! 
On return to UK I submitted all the paperwork from the hospital, itemized bill, flight bookings for me and the then g/f, who was returning just to BKK, all bank charges and within 2 weeks had that amount plus extra back in my bank account. Absolutely sterling service and these are the ones that people do not hear about! Only the misfortunes are shouted about.

As far as I'm aware Lloyds of London is not a Thai bank. Read the poster's headline 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:
2 hours ago, worrab said:

I can only but disagree with you I am afraid to say. I do apologise but this is why.

Back in 2014 I came for a holiday to Thailand with the flights all done on my Lloyds Bank card which automatically included travel insurance. I met my future wife in BKK and flew up to Chiang Mai. Long story short, I contracted diverticulitis which involved MRI and CT scans, 2 major life saving ops in Lanna Hospital, missed flights home, which were rebooked, hotel charges, bank charges and exchange rate charges. Total bill came to over £7k! 
On return to UK I submitted all the paperwork from the hospital, itemized bill, flight bookings for me and the then g/f, who was returning just to BKK, all bank charges and within 2 weeks had that amount plus extra back in my bank account. Absolutely sterling service and these are the ones that people do not hear about! Only the misfortunes are shouted about.

As far as I'm aware Lloyds of London is not a Thai bank. Read the poster's headline 

He did not make any reference to Lloyds of London, he referenced Lloyds Bank, no connection at all.  Read his comment.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

2 hours ago, worrab said:

No matter if Thai UK or wherever "bundled" or "free" travel insurance via Banks are not worth the paper they are written on literally

This comment was stated by Chivas and hence my answer. There are 2 sides to any story.

39 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

"No matter if Thai UK or wherever "bundled" or "free" travel insurance via Banks are not worth the paper they are written on literally"

This comment was stated by Chivas and hence my answer. There are 2 sides to any story.

15 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Complete cobblers, no insurance policy terms are printed that way.

Just because you cant see it doesnt mean it isnt real. New glasses for you my friend

More cobbler's from you.  No insurance policy T&Cs are printed in 2pt font, that is the reason that your comment was false and my comment is "real".  If there are any, just quote one example of it here.

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

More cobbler's from you.  No insurance policy T&Cs are printed in 2pt font, that is the reason that your comment was false and my comment is "real".  If there are any, just quote one example of it here.

A question for you, do you understand what cynical means? I think not but there again with a good proportion of the world with IQ's in the 90's what can be expected.

• Sad 1

Just now, Photoguy21 said:
2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A question for you, do you understand what cynical means? I think not but there again with a good proportion of the world with IQ's in the 90's what can be expected.

Yes, I do know the meaning of "cynical", why do you ask?   Are you trying to deflect from the false information you've been posting about 2pt font?! 

And you may want to pull your neck in when you're wrong, as in this case, and refrain from contravening the forum rules with insults.

3 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:
5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...whereas you seem not to think at all (about posting false information).

you being who exactly?

I'm the one who pointed out the false information that you've been posting about insurance policies' font size.  Who are you, exactly?

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, I do know the meaning of "cynical", why do you ask?   Are you trying to deflect from the false information you've been posting about 2pt font?! 

And you may want to pull your neck in when you're wrong, as in this case, and refrain from contravening the forum rules with insults.

You really do have a sad life dont you? Maybe time to get back on your bar stool and see the world as you want it to be.

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm the one who pointed out the false information that you've been posting about insurance policies' font size.  Who are you, exactly?

The post had two conversations and you used that word. My question was to which post did it apply?

18 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:
19 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The post had two conversations and you used that word.

The "2pt" comment was yours, as were the words used...

23 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

The trouble with insurance is that most people dont read the text that is in 2pt on the document

Edited by Liverpool Lou