Family tourism rises in Pattaya despite extended nightlife hours

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thanet also highlighted potential issues with open-air dining establishments and bars. Unlike their indoor counterparts, these venues may struggle to keep noise levels under control. This, in turn, could disrupt the peace in local communities, especially during the evening hours,

Sin city will attract sin lovers... all others will go elsewhere.

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

The nightlife opening hours extension was announced, what, a few weeks ago?

And will officially go into effect only next month. Absolutely zero correlation between that and family vacation.

As far as noise levels at night - anyone who's in Pattaya around Beach road or Walking Street and expects peace and quiet is insane. If you want quiet go somewhere else.

• Thanks 1

When asking a second-hand-bookstore owner on what people read these days he coined the unbeatable answer by saying that "People don't come to Pattaya to read books".

After the floods 10+ years ago in Bangkok, the Bangkokians discovered Pattaya as a weekend retreat and subsequently stare into their mobile phones in Pattaya's coffee shops and restaurant or stroll through the increasing number of department stores which are carbon copies of the same outlets in Bangkok. 

With a family there are so many better and also cheaper alternatives to Pattaya. Those below-their-navel driven men from the past have mostly disappeared into thin air, as the red light offerings elsewhere is cheaper with less obese "service agents". The Russians came and left, the South Asians and Middle Easterner came and left and now they try everything possible to lure the red brethren from the North. 

Make Thailand attractive again, teach Khon Thai to provide a service beyond the rip offs, two-tier pricing and corrupt police forces, get the transgender troops of Pattaya's beach road off the street and put a public transportation service in place by having parking facilities out of town with very frequent buses plying their routes at a nominal flat fee per day. 

In closing, have you taken a closer look at the culinary offerings in a department store lately? The majority is Japanese food which has nothing in common with Japanese food and, if luck has it, there is a pizza outlet serving stuff which has nothing to do with pizze. I have not came across a decent Thai restaurant offering authentic food without MSG or tons of sugar - for a long time. And the subject of pricing is yet another chapter. So, get your act together and you will succeed! 

Who the hell takes their wife and kids to Pattaya............?

Even in BKK I see mid-forties/fifties farangs their with their similarly aged farang wive's.....why? 

They are just torturing themselves as they walk past the bars.......you can see their eyes flicking left and right...poor s**s

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Even in BKK I see mid-forties/fifties farangs their with their similarly aged farang wive's.....why? 

They are just torturing themselves as they walk past the bars.......you can see their eyes flicking left and right...poor s**s

I do - and so do Bangkok families. It's the closes beach resort to Bangkok for a start and it's got tons of stuff to do with the kids.

My kids always thought it WAS a family destination - what with all the grandads talking to their Asian granddaughters on those early evening strolls along the beach...

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

With a family there are so many better and also cheaper alternatives to Pattaya. 

I am not sure that's true.  Or rather - it depends on the age of the kids. 

There are so many things to do in Pattaya for kids - water parks, zip lining, the zoo is a day trip, underwater world, the floating market, Ripleys etc. etc.

Most places that are 'family friendly' are quite dull for kids. Koh Chang is a typical example - it's beautiful but for kids it's dull. Samui also doesn't have that much to offer for kids too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 7:38 PM, Will B Good said:

Loads of Russians used to take their kids to Pattaya. I'd see them out and about on Walking Street.

On 11/13/2023 at 11:24 PM, pedro01 said:

I am not sure that's true.  Or rather - it depends on the age of the kids. 

There are so many things to do in Pattaya for kids - water parks, zip lining, the zoo is a day trip, underwater world, the floating market, Ripleys etc. etc.

Most places that are 'family friendly' are quite dull for kids. Koh Chang is a typical example - it's beautiful but for kids it's dull. Samui also doesn't have that much to offer for kids too. 

Kids don't need to stay IN Pattaya to go to those places. They can stay along the coast. Families not welcome in Pattaya- it's for big boys, not kids. They should be banned.

On 11/13/2023 at 7:24 PM, Sydebolle said:

When asking a second-hand-bookstore owner on what people read these days he coined the unbeatable answer by saying that "People don't come to Pattaya to read books".

After the floods 10+ years ago in Bangkok, the Bangkokians discovered Pattaya as a weekend retreat and subsequently stare into their mobile phones in Pattaya's coffee shops and restaurant or stroll through the increasing number of department stores which are carbon copies of the same outlets in Bangkok. 

With a family there are so many better and also cheaper alternatives to Pattaya. Those below-their-navel driven men from the past have mostly disappeared into thin air, as the red light offerings elsewhere is cheaper with less obese "service agents". The Russians came and left, the South Asians and Middle Easterner came and left and now they try everything possible to lure the red brethren from the North. 

Make Thailand attractive again, teach Khon Thai to provide a service beyond the rip offs, two-tier pricing and corrupt police forces, get the transgender troops of Pattaya's beach road off the street and put a public transportation service in place by having parking facilities out of town with very frequent buses plying their routes at a nominal flat fee per day. 

In closing, have you taken a closer look at the culinary offerings in a department store lately? The majority is Japanese food which has nothing in common with Japanese food and, if luck has it, there is a pizza outlet serving stuff which has nothing to do with pizze. I have not came across a decent Thai restaurant offering authentic food without MSG or tons of sugar - for a long time. And the subject of pricing is yet another chapter. So, get your act together and you will succeed! 

As long as the above disincentives to families exist it makes families less likely in Pattaya, so bring on the katoeys, and the fake food if it keeps the sprogs away. All good.

• Like 1