Wrong passport number on Marriage certificates and Kor ror 2 front

Hi there. Just went to chaengwattana to legalize my kor ror 2 in order to register my marriage at the french embassy and saw that my passport number on my kor ror 2 and on the back of the two marriage certificates me and my wife were given are wrong (1 number is missing). Does anyone have had a similar situation and if so was it easy to modify with the right number? I

Go back to the District Office that married you. If possible try and see the officer that married you. There is a good chance that they will quickly correct the error for free.

Be super polite and relaxed and let your wife do the talking (assuming she is Thai).

Keep smiling and it should all get sorted out.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

My view of this is that the district office had no need to write your passport number or anything else on the back of your KR.2 and KR.3 certificates, but I stand to be corrected if I got this wrong.

The marriage certificates are meant to be valid for as long as the two of you remain married, not only until the expiration date of your current passport.

If, however, you asked for copies of the certificates for the specific purpose of proving to immigration that your marriage is still valid at this point in time, the district office may have chosen to note your passport number on the back as a favour to the immigration office, which this particular immigration office may even have asked for this to be done.

37 minutes ago, Maestro said:

The marriage certificates are meant to be valid for as long as the two of you remain married, not only until the expiration date of your current passport.

Correct.

I believe Kor ror 3 (The flowery one ) cannot be issued again under any circumstances.

However, kor ror 2 can be amended with the right passport number

Thanks for all your answers. I was at the ministry of affairs not immigration. It was to legalize my KR2. They already changed my KOR ROR 2 with the right passport number at that amphur after calling them and now they told me to go to any amphur to get it printed. 

Edited by Brahim the one
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2023 at 8:16 PM, blackcab said:

Go back to the District Office that married you. If possible try and see the officer that married you. There is a good chance that they will quickly correct the error for free.

Be super polite and relaxed and let your wife do the talking (assuming she is Thai).

Keep smiling and it should all get sorted out.

Didn't need to go back there at all. I called them and they fixed it within 5 minutes. I could print it to a nearby amphur for 20 baht. 

• Thumbs Up 1