Requirements to extend Alien Registration (Police) Book

In my case, local police station doesn't have someone dealing with foreigners in all the time so I got her phone number and I could make appointment first, but if your police station is used to dealing with foreigners, they'll probably have someone on site all the time and no need to make appointment up-front.

You'll need to bring your usual set - blue tabien baan, blue or white PR booklet and obviously the red alien registration to update. If you have it, bring pink ID as well. I brought passport, too, but it wasn't checked at all. It could differ at your police station.

Police officer will write a new expiry date, you'll have a choice of 1 or 5 years, charge you that few hundred baht and hand-write update into the red book. Photocopies of your documents will also be made and you'll sign each of them. There is no form to fill. The whole process takes 15 minutes.

If this is the first time you're doing it, go to information counter and show them what you wish to do. They'll let you know if you can do it immediately or need to wait for appropriate person to be in, which would mean later appointment.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

In my case, local police station doesn't have someone dealing with foreigners in all the time so I got her phone number and I could make appointment first, but if your police station is used to dealing with foreigners, they'll probably have someone on site all the time and no need to make appointment up-front.

You'll need to bring your usual set - blue tabien baan, blue or white PR booklet and obviously the red alien registration to update. If you have it, bring pink ID as well. I brought passport, too, but it wasn't checked at all. It could differ at your police station.

Police officer will write a new expiry date, you'll have a choice of 1 or 5 years, charge you that few hundred baht and hand-write update into the red book. Photocopies of your documents will also be made and you'll sign each of them. There is no form to fill. The whole process takes 15 minutes.

If this is the first time you're doing it, go to information counter and show them what you wish to do. They'll let you know if you can do it immediately or need to wait for appropriate person to be in, which would mean later appointment.

Hope this helps.

Great thanks.  This will be my 2rd extension - the Klaeng Police don't have many farangs to deal with on this matter so - like last time - it'll likely be a learning experience for all of us.

How many photos are needed?

Tks again!

I think they only need 1 photo (they're larger than the 'normal' size) but bring a couple. 

Police stations like Thonglor in Bangkok don't need you to make an appointment although they don't start until about 9.30-10am

• Thanks 1

I had a few 1 year renewals initially, so that my Alien Reg book filled up quickly. Police have no idea where to obtain a new book from. For the past 15 years I have each 5 yrar renewal attached a piece of paper inside the book for the photo and signature etc to be placed.. Never a problem