More Thai youth at risk of diabetes due to their eating habits

snoop1130

1 hour ago, BaanOz said:

All I can say is you are wrong; it eventually catches up to you

Thinking twice! ...I may not be 100% saying that :tongue:
Combination of genetics PLUS my lifestyle may be the reason I became pre-diabetic.
Anyway, an annual blood check is always a really good idea because you can reverse it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2023 at 6:28 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Misleading again. In terms of diet it's the high processed carbs and saturated fats, same as i mentioned above

No, carbs don't have to be highly processed to cause the insulin spikes that create insulin resistance etc.  Of course, processed carbs are the worst. I know two diabetics personally who ate no processed carbs. Well, I did know; one died already. And the insulin issue is at the root of most of the other problems mentioned in your copy & paste.

And you've ignored again the point I disagreed with you about: most Thais don't acquire those carbs from 7/11 and McD's. You backpedaled a bit with mom & pop stores, but missed the larger picture.

On 11/15/2023 at 4:50 PM, scubascuba3 said:

how did you get pre diabetic? usually junk food for a long time.

If you are healthy with insulin working ok eating carbs and sugar is fine, those people eating junk food for a long time have a problem 

Nonsense, I don't eat junk food I never have sweets don't drink soft drinks I still managed to catch diabetes 2.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 12:03 PM, still kicking said:

Nonsense, I don't eat junk food I never have sweets don't drink soft drinks I still managed to catch diabetes 2.

Fishy, you just probably don't understand what caused it. Be honest list the food and drink you were consuming prior to getting type 2

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Fishy, you just probably don't understand what caused it. Be honest list the food and drink you were consuming prior to getting type 2

Just fruit in the morning, no lunch just a small dinner (not Fastfood) no beer or spirits, apart from a few glasses of red wine. By the way I am 76.

Edited by still kicking
Typo