Thai police letter and US Green Card

So I'm a little more than half-way on getting my wife her "green card" visa to the states and after a year she's getting anxious.  She's tired of waiting and wants to get the police clearance letter now, even though her vaccines won't be finished till Feb 2024.  Anyone know how long it takes to get the police letter & how long it's good for?

TIA.

Now it was about 5 years ago when we went through the process, but it's quick.

It took exactly two weeks.

Applied on May 30th 2018, and it was received on June 14th 2018

Not sure how long it's valid for, but she had her interview on June 21st, so it's not like you have to get right before the interview

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Now it was about 5 years ago when we went through the process, but it's quick.

It took exactly two weeks.

Applied on May 30th 2018, and it was received on June 14th 2018

Not sure how long it's valid for, but she had her interview on June 21st, so it's not like you have to get right before the interview

Wow Ginboy, I don't remember what I ate yesterday.

Ours was 14 years ago , and I don't remember specifics, but I remember there were no issues and that it all was done pretty quick. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

Wow Ginboy, I don't remember what I ate yesterday.

Ours was 14 years ago , and I don't remember specifics, but I remember there were no issues and that it all was done pretty quick. 

Trust me, I too can't remember this morning's breakfast, but at the time I'd put together a timeline for the whole process which I'd posted on here at the time

• Like 1

So hopefully this makes everyone wanting to process a IR1/CR1 hopping mad.

Trump waged a war on all immigration, legal or otherwise (curious since he seems to have a liking for Eastern European wives) and as part of that the USCIS office in Bangkok was closed.

Back then if you lived in Thailand you could get the process done in a fraction of the time it takes now with what used to be called 'consular processing' although I know that wasn't the official term.

This is the timeline I'd mentioned earlier, not as a rub your nose in it thing, but more an illustration of how it could work if politicians could actually do their jobs and not be fixated on just getting an interview on Fox News

Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 2.15.44 AM.png

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1