Bangkok ranked 9th in 2023 best cities for expats, down from 6th last year

snoop1130

6 hours ago, LALes said:

Yeah, it's gonna keep dropping.  My recent experience at immigration renewing retirement visa only adds to my feeling that falangs are not wanted here.  Grade A tourist, 15 yrs in, plenty of money, never a problem for the authorities and they are giving me the 3rd degree treatment like I'm a common criminal and they are just looking for something, anything to trip me up and give them their "gotcha" moment and out I go.  One can only take so much of the abusive attitude here.

Should have stayed a Snowbird Tourist. 6 months about. Best way 

On 11/24/2023 at 7:03 AM, LALes said:

Yeah, it's gonna keep dropping.  My recent experience at immigration renewing retirement visa only adds to my feeling that falangs are not wanted here.  Grade A tourist, 15 yrs in, plenty of money, never a problem for the authorities and they are giving me the 3rd degree treatment like I'm a common criminal and they are just looking for something, anything to trip me up and give them their "gotcha" moment and out I go.  One can only take so much of the abusive attitude here.

13 years of extensions: marriage (1yr), retirement (2y), work permit (9yr), and now back to retirement this year.

All done a Chaeng Watthana. Simple, efficient, never once an attitude or mistreatment. Never felt unwanted.

But, several times over the years, I have noticed periods of increased "scrutiny".

• Agree 1