Thai man loses pickup to woman after 2 weeks of dating

webfact

image.jpeg

A Thai man lost an 800,000 baht pickup truck to a woman he met after only two weeks of dating. The woman is suspected of being a member of a car theft gang that stole vehicles in neighbouring countries.

The victim, a 47 year old man named Bancha, reported the theft to Mueang Chaiyaphum Police Station today, November 23. Bancha said his ex-girlfriend, 33 year old Pantiwa, stole his brand new car from a showroom in the Isaan province of Chaiyaphum after he paid a 100,000 baht deposit.

Bancha said he met Pantiwa two weeks before the incident through a dating application. Pantiwa told him that she wanted to marry him. She later met his mother at his home to discuss the wedding.

Pantiwa explained that she wanted to stay with Bancha and try living together before marriage. Pantiwa then convinced him to buy a new car and quit his job as a security guard to go into business with her. He agreed and they went to buy the pickup together.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Channel 7

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-11-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

I admit she sounds suspicious ,  But how does he know she stole the truck?

I see nothing in this article that is proof she took it. Just some circumstantial evidence that she was gone, at the same time that his pickup was gone. 

All the broken glass in the showroom!

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

I see nothing in this article that is proof she took it. Just some circumstantial evidence that she was gone, at the same time that his pickup was gone. 

"Pantiwa grabbed the car key from a showroom staff member and drove off". You need to read the full article from where Asan copied it from.

3 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

"Pantiwa grabbed the car key from a showroom staff member and drove off". You need to read the full article from where Asan copied it from.

And you need to read all the responses. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Bancha said he met Pantiwa two weeks before the incident through a dating application. Pantiwa told him that she wanted to marry him. She later met his mother at his home to discuss the wedding.

Pantiwa explained that she wanted to stay with Bancha and try living together before marriage. Pantiwa then convinced him to buy a new car and quit his job as a security guard to go into business with her. He agreed and they went to buy the pickup together.

She's a bit like pick-up drivers.. they don't hang around.

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

Maybe this from the link will help you.

After paying, Pantiwa grabbed the car key from a showroom staff member and drove off, leaving Bancha shocked and confused.

Bancha jumped into his car and followed her but was unable to keep up. He returned to the showroom to track Pantiwa using the car’s GPS. The system indicated that Pantiwa was in the Baan Ped district of Khon Kaen province but she and the car were not there. She simply removed the GPS and left it there.

The car showroom security camera showed that the woman picked up a man from the front of the showroom before continuing her journey.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Maybe this from the link will help you.

After paying, Pantiwa grabbed the car key from a showroom staff member and drove off, leaving Bancha shocked and confused.

Bancha jumped into his car and followed her but was unable to keep up. He returned to the showroom to track Pantiwa using the car’s GPS. The system indicated that Pantiwa was in the Baan Ped district of Khon Kaen province but she and the car were not there. She simply removed the GPS and left it there.

The car showroom security camera showed that the woman picked up a man from the front of the showroom before continuing her journey.

Thanks , I appreciated the link. Same point was made by Croccy  earlier on the thread, but I understand how you did not see it, I also don't read every reply in a thread. 

I should had read the link also before replying.  To my defence I did not even see that there was a link. 

So I adhered to the Asean now forum time honored tradition of not allowing the facts to get in the way of a good reply:laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Crossy said:

From the linked full article.

image.png.e7e7beb5a89767fdb2402787f87dba4f.png

So technically she stole it from the dealer, not the boyfriend. The key wasn't handed over yet. 

I hope he gets a good lawyer because the dealer still owes him a truck, since it was never handed over. 🤔