Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

6 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

1. AJ+ is mostly OK for me as news outlet.

2. Fine for me if you don't know the answer to my question as expected.

Thanks, anyway.

What is 'ok' for you doesn't mean a whole lot considering the host of bits from dodgy sources you often post on these topics.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

1. AJ+ is mostly OK for me as news outlet.

2. Fine for me if you don't know the answer to my question as expected.

Thanks, anyway.

Your answer has convinced me that this forum has become a circus with deflections, fabrications, accusations, innuendos, misinformation, name calling and other forms of juvenile behavior.

In other words, so much BS it has become a chore to read.  I know I won't be missed.  Who cares?  I don't.

• Haha 1

All quiet on the Gaza front...

Quote from link :

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/israeli-army-to-imprison-soldiers-deserting-from-regular-military-service-reserves/3063948

The Israeli army intended to imprison soldiers who had deserted from regular military service and reserves following the end of the war that Tel Aviv launched in the Gaza Strip on Oct. 7.

The Military Defense Department released a statement, which was cited on the radio, telling soldiers who refused to serve to "contact your units urgently before the harsher punishment policy comes into effect."

Many soldiers refused to participate in the war “for reasons of conscience.” However, observers link their desertion to the ongoing war in the Gaza Strip, which claimed the lives of dozens of soldiers, particularly in the ground battles that began on Oct. 27.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thorgal said:

I asked did Israeli army also commit "horrific acts" since 7th of October 2023?

No need to hide behind Hamas.

You may regard them as horrific , I regard them as being justified and legitimate acts of war . 

You only regard then as being horrific because your side are losing this war 

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You may regard them as horrific , I regard them as being justified and legitimate acts of war . 

You only regard then as being horrific because your side are losing this war 

My side? I'm not a Palestinian...?

The poster I've replied is a Hawaiian national of 84 years and I've checked if he's looking at both sides of the conflict objectively.

I didn't try to curb his opinion.

Edited by Thorgal

15 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

The poster I've replied is a Hawaiian national of 84 years and I've checked if he's looking at both sides of the conflict objectively.

Israel's actions and Hamas actions cannot be compared .

The  inhumane atrocious acts carried out by Hams on October 7 th are incomparable to any actions by Israel .

Taking ten month old babies are returning them dead . 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

Quote from link :

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/israeli-army-to-imprison-soldiers-deserting-from-regular-military-service-reserves/3063948

The Israeli army intended to imprison soldiers who had deserted from regular military service and reserves following the end of the war that Tel Aviv launched in the Gaza Strip on Oct. 7.

The Military Defense Department released a statement, which was cited on the radio, telling soldiers who refused to serve to "contact your units urgently before the harsher punishment policy comes into effect."

Many soldiers refused to participate in the war “for reasons of conscience.” However, observers link their desertion to the ongoing war in the Gaza Strip, which claimed the lives of dozens of soldiers, particularly in the ground battles that began on Oct. 27.

lol, Anadolu Agency or AA, launched in 1920 and was originally founded by Halide Edip Adıvar, Yunus Nadi Abalıoğlu. It is the official state-subsidized news agency of Turkey. 

“Turkey is again the world’s biggest prison for professional journalists.”

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/anadolu-agency/

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Thorgal said:

There are two sides, one with the terrorists or the one without, its really as simple as that. Just because the poster is against the terrorists does not make him blind to faults on either side.

Of course we know which side you are on

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Best start moving folks, you've been warned. Oh and blame your friends Hamas

The IDF published information regarding the evacuation of Gazan civilians for their safety in the next stage of the war.

The map published divides the territory of Gaza into zones according to recognizable areas. This enables the residents of Gaza to orient themselves and to evacuate from specific places for their safety if required.

The IDF's website and spokesperson in Arabic released the relevant information on social networks.

This map for Gazan civilians was published in announcements distributed by the IDF in Gaza: 

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1730527502127296998

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

AKA educationally subnormal old slapper, traitor, and Hamas bicycle …… scrapping the bottom of the barrel here Danny.

Can you name just one Israeli citizen, or any jew who criticized Israel and was not labelled a traitor/Hamas sympathiser/antisemitic/terrorist supporter...etc? Just one name is enough.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Can you name just one Israeli citizen, or any jew who criticized Israel and was not labelled a traitor/Hamas sympathiser/antisemitic/terrorist supporter...etc? Just one name is enough.

Ellie Goldstein who lives in Tiberius 

Edited by Nick Carter icp

1 hour ago, Thorgal said:

Quote from link :

There is nothing by way of support for some of the claims made in the article. Given the media outlet you chose usually echoes government attitudes and positions, and given Turkey's current stance - not surprising.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Are you for real? There's at least one major newspaper in Israel which regularly posts such opinion pieces. Many other, smaller internet websites doing the same. Can you find many voices critical of Hamas that way, among Palestinians?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Australian James Elder is the spokesperson for the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF). He just filmed this video a short time ago after the resumption of bombardment of Gaza.

He is on the ground in Gaza right now and he sees this madness as War on Children, not war on Hamas.

As Mom said: 'He sees what he wants to see'.

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

I'm not interested in your nonsense, and not about to argue specific sources with you - as you obviously either don't know what you're talking about or trolling. Similarly, unless at least one of them languages you claim pertains to the area in question, what would be the significance of mentioning it?

There are Israeli online websites for most mainstream newspapers, channels etc. Some have English versions as well. Quoted on these topic numerous times. Most of them have varying degrees of pro-Israeli bias, some less so.

When it comes to Palestinian media - it's basically a wasteland as far formal media outlets are concerned. Pretty much unreliable all around, towing the party line (of whichever faction), and picking any nonsense story etc. There are several social media accounts doing a better job, but not many - at least not in English.

There are several online websites/tools which help gauge credibility etc. for media outlets, news channels, think tanks and so on. The methodologies and scope differ, as does their own reliability - but they are often good enough to get a clue.

I wouldn't trust 99% of main stream media no matter where it comes from, they all do there owners bidding or there out of a job.

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I wouldn't trust 99% of main stream media no matter where it comes from, they all do there owners bidding or there out of a job.

You seem to trust AJ.....So guess just another nonsense post.

• Like 2