Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not seen you provide evidence though, just opinions, who's trolling, you make claims and have nothing to back them up

I defend my record in posting links to evidence to support my arguments.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

No Paywall version

Since then, however, quiet criticism has begun spreading against the militant group, with Gazans blaming the militants for having provoked Israel’s wrath and for their inability to shield the population from a devastating war and a humanitarian crisis that deepens by the day.
“People are dying every minute,” said a 56-year-old businessman from Gaza. “Hamas is the one that dragged us into this terrible vortex.”

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/gazans-are-starting-to-blame-hamas-for-wartime-suffering-066256b0

https://archive.ph/rp63F

still is for me.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

I defend my reputation in posting links to evidence to support my arguments.

They will eventually go away as the Israeli cause continues to escalate into full scale annihilation. At some point soon, even the hardliners will be unable to spread the propaganda.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

You're right, but they're wrong. 

This war wouldn't be happening without October 7.

Nor would it have happened without the illegal settlements or the denial of a Palestinian state. Palestinians clearly knew that Netanyahu was helping Hamas.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

They will eventually go away as the Israeli cause continues to escalate into full scale annihilation. At some point soon, even the hardliners will be unable to spread the propaganda.

Sounds like you hate Israel so much that you hope that will happen. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jingthing said:

You're right, but they're wrong. 

This war wouldn't be happening without October 7.

What a riduicous thing to say. You know very well it was coming. Years of killing Palestinians, Apartheid, ethnic cleansing, land theft, discrimination had to end up this way.

Oct 7 is a convenient excuse for Israel to finish off the mostly unarmed Gazans.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

“New Guantánamo”: Euro-Med Monitor calls for international probe into Israel’s torture and murder of Gaza detainees (euromedmonitor.org)

The “Sde Teman” Israeli army camp, located between Beersheba and Gaza has been turned into a new Guantánamo-like prison, the Geneva-based human rights group said, where detainees are caged in inhumane conditions; Euro-Med Monitor cited the Israeli army’s use of open-air chicken coops to house the detained and withholding of food or drink for long periods of time.

Within fenced compounds, detainees are blindfolded and subjected to harsh interrogations with their hands tied. According to testimonies, lights are turned on and intensely shone upon them at night, with the intention of exhausting and torturing them.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

What a riduicous thing to say. You know very well it was coming. Years of killing Palestinians, Apartheid, ethnic cleansing, land theft, discrimination had to end up this way.

Oct 7 is a convenient excuse for Israel to finish off the mostly unarmed Gazans.

I knew no such thing.

Now you post a vile conspiracy theory. No shame at all. Hatred fogs the mind. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

“New Guantánamo”: Euro-Med Monitor calls for international probe into Israel’s torture and murder of Gaza detainees (euromedmonitor.org)

The “Sde Teman” Israeli army camp, located between Beersheba and Gaza has been turned into a new Guantánamo-like prison, the Geneva-based human rights group said, where detainees are caged in inhumane conditions; Euro-Med Monitor cited the Israeli army’s use of open-air chicken coops to house the detained and withholding of food or drink for long periods of time.

Within fenced compounds, detainees are blindfolded and subjected to harsh interrogations with their hands tied. According to testimonies, lights are turned on and intensely shone upon them at night, with the intention of exhausting and torturing them.

War against barbaric terrorists is not a garden party.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

What part of accusing both sides of war crimes is one sided? I wasn't necessarily referring to you and wasn't even replying to you. Obviously it hit a nerve. 

The fact is that I have seen that argument invoked so many times I don't know exactly who subscribes to it and who doesn't.

Your posts often do the cursory bit about Hamas, but mainly they are focused on Israel's wrongs, real or supposed.

Going on about 'war crimes' while clearly not having a clue about this, or how such things are decided is yet another hallmark of your posting.

Apparently your own opinions, based on nothing much, are more valuable than facts and reality.

It doesn't matter who you were responding to.

I'm commenting on your posting style, warped take of reality.

That I mention my own comments is because they run counter to your nonsense depictions of anyone not seeing things your way.

Your last line embodies what I said above.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Is the whole of Gaza "terror infrastructure". It's a war crime to demolish civilian infrastructure.

A whole lot of Gaza is riddled by underground tunnels, infrastructure serving Hamas.

It is not a 'war crime' to demolish civilian infrastructure, not in the wholesale manner you pronounce.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

You call that a credible link? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro-Mediterranean_Human_Rights_Monitor

Run by Richard Falk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_A._Falk

Numerous reports on him on this page: Pressured by Nikki Haley, U.N. Pulls Richard Falk's 'Apartheid' Israel Report, Head of Arab U.N. Agency Resigns

https://unwatch.org/category/people/richard-falk/

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

That's from Richard Falk's pet project - so no need to expect anything semi-balanced.