Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

He didn't say anything different, if you bother to read his post closely.

Again, this was discussed numerous times on these topics, so positions of posters are already on record.

It's more about you jumping in, not bothering to read past comments, or to hasty to counter current ones.

I make no apologies for any of that. I am not required to keep up to date with the myriads of propaganda posts here and reserve the right to attack any new post with facts and links as I see fit. When some others here can post of a links to post record even approaching mine, wake me up.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The use of it against civilians is widely classified and understood as a war crime. Israel has launched white phosphorus into Gaza since Oct. 10, with even earlier yet unconfirmed reports. 

https://pittnews.com/article/183972/opinions/opinion-carpet-bombing-is-not-self-defense/

You're quoting a student paper as an authoritative source?

Have you checked the credentials of the author?

Carpet bombing? This was discussed in depth and in length on numerous past posts and topics.

There is no carpet bombing going on.

You're either clueless or trolling.

Probably both.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Morch said:

You're quoting a student paper as an authoritative source?

Have you checked the credentials of the author?

Carpet bombing? This was discussed in depth and in length on numerous past posts and topics.

There is no carpet bombing going on.

You're either clueless or trolling.

Probably both.

I posted numerous links calling it carpet bombing. It's carpet bombing.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I agree with you. I replied to BkkBrian who made the claim that they did.

Again, this is getting tiring, you have a real problem with making claims on what I was supposed to have said and not being able to back them up. Listen to the link as well that I endorsed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Back on topic, the trolls do all they can to derail the thread, forget permeant ceasefires until Hamas has been eliminated, be that by death, surrender of total destruction of military infastructure:

UK Deputy PM @OliverDowden: "We must eradicate Hamas now."

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Again, this is getting tiring, you have a real problem with making claims on what I was supposed to have said and not being able to back them up. Listen to the link as well that I endorsed.

This is getting tiresome. You make a claim then call me a liar for calling you out on it.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I make no apologies for any of that. I am not required to keep up to date with the myriads of propaganda posts here and reserve the right to attack any new post with facts and links as I see fit. When some others here can post of a links to post record even approaching mine, wake me up.

You constantly make claims you can't back up. You call posts 'propaganda' without reading them. You troll on every occasion.

You contribute very little to the discussion. You do have a very high (if misguided) opinion of yourself and your importance.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

This is getting tiresome. You make a claim then call me a liar for calling you out on it.

Ok so its true, you cannot read or comprehend the meaning of English, did you listen to the video from @OliverDowden or deliberately edit it out?

• Thumbs Up 1

Amazing network of tunnels found.

Israeli forces say they have found network of tunnels connected to Hamas leaders' homes

Israeli forces say they have uncovered a network of tunnels in the heart of Gaza City with entrances connected to the houses of Hamas leaders.

Israel Defense Forces claim Hamas leaders have been using the well-built network of tunnels daily and in emergencies.

Images appear to show the tunnels could be accessed by spiral staircases and had heavy blast doors, electricity and plumbing.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That could think "What cased this war" and "How can we stop another war happening again " ?

Unfortunately both sides think the other started it. They are not in the mind set of, "can we stop the cycle", they are in the mind set of vengeance. 😢

Edited by mikebike
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Amazing network of tunnels found.

Israeli forces say they have found network of tunnels connected to Hamas leaders' homes

Israeli forces say they have uncovered a network of tunnels in the heart of Gaza City with entrances connected to the houses of Hamas leaders.

Israel Defense Forces claim Hamas leaders have been using the well-built network of tunnels daily and in emergencies.

Images appear to show the tunnels could be accessed by spiral staircases and had heavy blast doors, electricity and plumbing.

Why r u posting this? Do u think it is new? 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Hopefully a group that accepts Israel's right to exist and wants a peaceful existence and wants all hostilities to stop  . 

I would say at this point meeting such criteria is hopeless.

Irreconcilable differences.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I would say at this point meeting such criteria is hopeless.

Irreconcilable differences.

Not a kumbaya situation or change of attitude, but there is actually some prospect for change.

Recent developments suggest that the PA will be willing (more like, drooling) to step in and take charge, provided certain terms.

Netanyahu & Co., while against it, do not have a realistic alternative, so the question is more how to spin a change in position.

Hamas is broadcasting two different messages - one from the Gaza/military factions saying no to pretty much anything, the abroad/political faction exploring ways to come back into the fold of mainstream Palestinian politics through cooperation with the Fatah. Too early to tell if this is serious.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Morch said:

Not a kumbaya situation or change of attitude, but there is actually some prospect for change.

Recent developments suggest that the PA will be willing (more like, drooling) to step in and take charge, provided certain terms.

Netanyahu & Co., while against it, do not have a realistic alternative, so the question is more how to spin a change in position.

Hamas is broadcasting two different messages - one from the Gaza/military factions saying no to pretty much anything, the abroad/political faction exploring ways to come back into the fold of mainstream Palestinian politics through cooperation with the Fatah. Too early to tell if this is serious.

PA is the legit authority. Netanyahu has done everything to assist Hamas and block the PA. That won't change

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

PA is the legit authority. Netanyahu has done everything to assist Hamas and block the PA. That won't change

The Oracle have spoken....

Now back to reality, Netanyahu might not have much choice. It's not like there's wide support in Israel for re-occupying the Gaza Strip on a permanent/long term basis. There's also no willingness by other players to step in. So what it may come down to is some mishmash of PA and international representatives, which will allow him to save some face. This is not a bad idea anyway, considering the PA is corrupt and incompetent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Well I would put it this way.

While hopefully Netanyahu will be gone after this war, it's my strong impression that Israelis are very unified now as far as security. So some Palestinian ruler can say they accept Israel's existence, Israelis will be very slow to believe it. So it would need to be a very long baby steps process to build trust, like decades. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

The Oracle have spoken....

Now back to reality, Netanyahu might not have much choice. It's not like there's wide support in Israel for re-occupying the Gaza Strip on a permanent/long term basis. There's also no willingness by other players to step in. So what it may come down to is some mishmash of PA and international representatives, which will allow him to save some face. This is not a bad idea anyway, considering the PA is corrupt and incompetent.

Hoew do you get more corrupt than aiding and abetting terrorists to attack your own country in order to pursue a religious objective?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1