As a dual passport holder, can I get my visa moved from one to the other?

Hi everyone!

I have a question I thought I would ask here before trying to talk to anyone at immigration.

I have dual citizenship and passports and was wondering if I can get immigration to transfer my visa from one to the other as I just got the one renewed and the other is due to expire? Thanks for any responses.

Assuming that by "visa" you actually mean a non-immigrant annual extension of stay for retirement, marriage, etc, one possibility that you might wish to consider (if reasonably practicable in your case) would be to do a border run, exiting on your expiring Nationality #1 passport and re-entering visa-exempt for 30 days on your new Nationality #2 passport. Then apply for a 90-day non-O conversion with the Nationality #2 passport at your local immigration office as set out in the following link:

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=2537

Then within 30 days of the revised permission to stay granted under the non-O conversion process expiring, resume seeking annual extensions of stay, this time with your Nationality #2 passport. 

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Absolutely no. I've been through all this myself. Thailand doesn't recognize dual citizenship, you're either one or the other but can't be both at the same time. Switching PPs is not that easy. You can't do it via a land border but can do it via an airport.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Timmy700 said:

Thanks guys!

It has been so long since I last posted here that I had to make a new account. Tried the reset password or lost password, but no email was forthcoming. This forum has always been a great source of info when needed.

Contact Support and they will sort you out.

4 hours ago, Timmy700 said:

Thanks guys!

It has been so long since I last posted here that I had to make a new account. Tried the reset password or lost password, but no email was forthcoming. This forum has always been a great source of info when needed.

Either use the Contact Us page to send a message, or send an email to support(at)aseannow.com.

On 11/27/2023 at 5:59 AM, bigt3116 said:

Only by air

But there have been quite a few reports on here of retirees performing land border runs in order to cancel their original non-OA visas following the introduction of mandatory health insurance requirements for holders of such visas past and present.

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

But there have been quite a few reports on here of retirees performing land border runs in order to cancel their original non-OA visas following the introduction of mandatory health insurance requirements for holders of such visas past and present.

True, but that has nothing to do with changing passports does it.