Pattaya police raid love hotels to prevent underage sexual activities

webfact

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Who said there was any prostitution taking place. This is about underage people celebrating Loy Krathong by having sex.

"a measure to prevent inappropriate sexual activities, especially among people under 20 years old."

Being under 20 is not underage. Under 15 is, but:

"In Thailand sexual encounters with a minor under the age of 18 may be classed as a compoundable offence, even if this was with a person over 15 and with their explicit consent.

To clarify (I hope!), what this means is that a young person having sex with another person aged 15, 16, or 17 may be prosecuted for this “compoundable offence” if one participant (normally the girl), or their parent, were to file charges against the other side when they later decided they regretted what they had done. In effect, this makes the unfettered Thai age of consent to sex to be 18 years of age."

https://www.lannaist.ac.th/keeping-our-teenage-children-safe/

3 hours ago, digger70 said:
23 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Prostitution itself (the act of paying someone, or being paid for, sexual services) isn't illegal.  Underage prostitution is.

Is it legal to pay for sex in Thailand?

Since the 1960, prostitution is illegal and criminally prosecutable with prison sentences of up to 20 years. It is estimate that about 100,000 to 400,000 people are sex workers in Thailand. Organizations and activist groups advocating for the rights of sex workers in Thailand have emerged to address these issues.

Is paid sex legal in Bangkok?
Under the 1996 Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act enacted by Bangkok, prostitution is prohibited. Any person soliciting sex could be fined. Pimps could be fined and imprisoned for up to 10 years.

"Is it legal to pay for sex in Thailand?"

Yes, the act of simply giving someone money for sex is legal in Thailand (why did you specify Bangkok?).     You need to check the definitions according to the current laws.  Certain aspects of prostitution are illegal, such as pimping, soliciting, importuning, working in brothels etc. but paying for or receiving money for sex is not illegal...

"Any person soliciting sex could be fined. Pimps could be fined

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Wow.  That says a lot about you.

No it does not, there should be a max age for real, too many of these obese 40 + ladies nowadays, let alone if they get older than that.

Yes, it sure does!...

"We need a maximal age in Thailand, not a minimal one".   

My point was that he's advocating no minimal age for sex.  Speaks volumes.

12 hours ago, n00dle said:

no women? 

were they trying only to prevent gay underage sex?

Look at it this way. Men are the ones who wants underage sex. Otherwise there would be no need for older woman, to traffic too young girls. Do you feel like a man now?

21 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I had the misfortune to check into a 'Love' hotel while waiting to pick up a car with my wife, I'm no prude, but I was shocked and disgusted to see a Gynecology bed in one corner stirrups an all,

We left.  It could have been for illegal abortions for all I know.

You were in a dentists!

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

You must have a strange dentist who has stirrups on his chair, but maybe you have teeth in an unusual place.

I am English, never been to a dentist in my life!

Maybe a barber's then, one that does intimate shaving!

Edited by jacko45k

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 10:50 PM, Gottfrid said:

Look at it this way. Men are the ones who wants underage sex. Otherwise there would be no need for older woman, to traffic too young girls. Do you feel like a man now?

I'm sorry you are having trouble understanding the discussion, which centers on underage couples celebrating Loy Krathong with sex. 

to prevent inappropriate sexual activities, especially among people under 20 years old.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/28/2023 at 7:14 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Who said there was any prostitution taking place. This is about underage people celebrating Loy Krathong by having sex.

The question is if the police found any in the love motels.

And how exactly did they investigate? Knock on every door?

Just now, Gottfrid said:

So, that´s why you hear so much about it? We are talking about underage sex. Did you get that?

Yes, exactly.

Lots of women go with underage men. You assume that the police were only looking for men going with underage women.

Its a badge of honor for some bargirls to go with the youngest boy. I know some bargirls who shop around their sons to the other bargirls.

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Yes, exactly.

Lots of women go with underage men. You assume that the police were only looking for men going with underage women.

Its a badge of honor for some bargirls to go with the youngest boy. I know some bargirls who shop around their sons to the other bargirls.

Of course you do. After that, you will probably say they do it for free or that their mommy´s pay . :cheesy:

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Of course you do. After that, you will probably say they do it for free or that their mommy´s pay . :cheesy:

do you think that older women don't go with underage men?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insideedition.com/melissa-curtis-teacher-sex-student-school%3famp

https://www.wafb.com/2023/10/03/former-teacher-arrested-following-alleged-sexual-misconduct-with-minor-deputies-say/

https://news.yahoo.com/just-divorced-former-idaho-high-001520978.html

Edited by Danderman123

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

No, that´s not what I say. Many men go with young girls, as many women go with young boys. However, there are more men that chose underaged than women. What I don´t think, is that bargirls go with underaged boys. They are working for get paid, and that is not a good business plan.

23 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

No, that´s not what I say. Many men go with young girls, as many women go with young boys. However, there are more men that chose underaged than women. What I don´t think, is that bargirls go with underaged boys. They are working for get paid, and that is not a good business plan.

Try visiting one of the many "karaoke bars" around soi Korpai affer 2am.  You'd be surprised at the number of off-duty bar girls who happily buy boy drinks and barfine the cute young boys who work there.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Try visiting one of the many "karaoke bars" around soi Korpai affer 2am.  You'd be surprised at the number of off-duty bar girls who happily buy boy drinks and barfine the cute young boys who work there.

Ok, but are they underaged? As they work in a bar, they would have the age for it. I know there are some that slips through the net, but not many.

Just drove from Samut Songkhran to PKK, via Phetchaburi & Hua Hin and AQI easily 100+.   Barely see outline of hills in the distance.

Who flies 6-30 hrs that kind of holiday ?  I'll never understand why tourist come here during smog season, or at all, but that's a different thread.

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

You do know that a huge number of bargirls go to karaoke bars after they finish work? And they spend whatever cash they have on the boys?

I knew a 35 year old bargirl who had a 19 karaoke boy as her "boyfriend", and loads of 40 year olds with karaoke boys in their 20s.

If you go down Sai 3, you will find the karaoke bars, typically opening at 1 or 2 in the morning. The younger the boy, the more popular.

Someone commented earlier that Thai women dote on their sons, so for bargirls to go with men the same age as their sons is natural.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

You do know that a huge number of bargirls go to karaoke bars after they finish work? And they spend whatever cash they have on the boys?

I knew a 35 year old bargirl who had a 19 karaoke boy as her "boyfriend", and loads of 40 year olds with karaoke boys in their 20s.

If you go down Sai 3, you will find the karaoke bars, typically opening at 1 or 2 in the morning. The younger the boy, the more popular.

Someone commented earlier that Thai women dote on their sons, so for bargirls to go with men the same age as their sons is natural.

I think you got it all wrong. Is 19-20 ears old underage? That was what we were talking about. Just try and sleep on it next time before you answer.

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I think you got it all wrong. Is 19-20 ears old underage? That was what we were talking about. Just try and sleep on it next time before you answer.

I was using the 19 year old boy as an example of older women I know lusting after young boys. But, just like some underaged women work bar, some underaged boys work bar, too, given that older women often desire young flesh.

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I was using the 19 year old boy as an example of older women I know lusting after young boys. But, just like some underaged women work bar, some underaged boys work bar, too, given that older women often desire young flesh.

Yes, but that is your guess. Not something you know and have proof for, right?

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Well there are some unnatural acts occurring too I expect......

Are these what are known as 'giks'?

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well there are some unnatural acts occurring too I expect......

Are these what are known as 'giks'?

If a man or woman is in a relationship, they can have a kik on the side. It's common for Thai women with Farang husbands to have a Thai kik on the side. These kiks often have Thai wives themselves.

A kik can be any age.